Syria

Started by raysun, April 14, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynden

The first journalist in was from CBS. He has visited the buildings in the original report and spoken to those who were there. They tell him on camera that a bomb or missile hit the building and a cloud of gas enveloped them. It smelt like strong chlorine bleach and some people fell foaming at the mouth.
The Syrian Assad regime now have control of the area and the bomb casing that ended up on the roof is no longer there.....now there's a surprise.

webejamin

Quote from: junepeter on April 17, 2018, 12:24:58 PM
Rod. Probably for the same reason the UK government will not let the Russians look at any "evidence" they have on the "poisoning" of the ex Russian spy and his daughter.
Strange that, because if I remember rightly, the Russians were summoned to give an explanation about their part, or not, of the event right from day one. They declined saying it was not their problem, or words to that effect. It was after that and because of their response, that the diplomatic expulsions took place and it all escalated from then on.
They had every opportunity to get involved, but chose not to. 

felipe

I saw a BBC reporter just now saying the opposite.

guest14507

Rod. Probably for the same reason the UK government will not let the Russians look at any "evidence" they have on the "poisoning" of the ex Russian spy and his daughter.

Rod

This could be solved if the Russian and Syrian forces let the inspectors in but they won't, I wonder why?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/opcw-inspectors-allowed-syria-douma-uk-delegation-180416093322500.html

guest14507

I have just read an article by an English journalist who has recently arrived in the city of Douma, Syria. He reports that after an official greeting from the Syrian military he was allowed to wander around the city and was taken by 2 citizens of Douma to an underground hospital where he spoke to a doctor working there. This was the same hospital where the "victims of the gas attack" were filmed. Although not being on duty at the time he said he spoke to doctors that were, and they said that these "victims" were, in fact, suffering from hypoxia, oxygen starvation, caused by a wind blown large dust storm that was created that night by shelling and bombing. He also walked freely about the city and nobody he spoke to knew anything about a "gas attack" and how many, or if any, people had been killed that night.

Dave S

Prior to retiring I used to travel to Syria on a regular basis. Back in the late 80's it was a great place. Damascus being the oldest city in creation was so interesting and who could forget the "Street called Straight"  for its Bazar. Alepo (now unfortunately demolished)  was always so interesting.
These days, like so many other  places it has been destroyed and for what? I do not know the answer.
What a shame

zilnor

Norrie  :clap:

A certain politician said " Peace in our time" back in 1939. And we all know how that turned out.

webejamin

Quote from: NorrieM on April 15, 2018, 15:29:20 PM
If some of our forefathers had not done a bit of killing, our arms would be sore from too many Hitler salutes- or I might be a Kommisar!  It must be incredibly difficult to risk other peoples' lives by standing up to bullies, but what if we do not, then what?  Alright, I was as frightened as most when I contemplated the fact that these strikes could have caused a massive escalation that would spread outside the Middle East.  However, I do think a strong signal was required to (a) try to dissuade Assad from further use of chemical weapons and (b) to demonstrate to Russia a degree of resolve that they thought the West did not have.  I think the latter at least may have succeeded.
Best comment so far :bravo_2:
There's too many just want to roll over in their little comfort zone until it's too late.

NorrieM

If some of our forefathers had not done a bit of killing, our arms would be sore from too many Hitler salutes- or I might be a Kommisar!  It must be incredibly difficult to risk other peoples' lives by standing up to bullies, but what if we do not, then what?  Alright, I was as frightened as most when I contemplated the fact that these strikes could have caused a massive escalation that would spread outside the Middle East.  However, I do think a strong signal was required to (a) try to dissuade Assad from further use of chemical weapons and (b) to demonstrate to Russia a degree of resolve that they thought the West did not have.  I think the latter at least may have succeeded.

zilnor

Apologies for a double post. A senior moment !

zilnor

DLMcN

Thank you for that link. An excellent assessment of how and why the people of Syria have suffered so much for seven years.

The phrase " .....Assad is massacering his way to victory"  is chilling.

zilnor

DLMcN

Thank you for that link. An excellent assessment of how and why the people of Syria have suffered so much for seven years.

The phrase " .....Assad is massacering his way to victory"  is chilling.

fredup

Quote from: Angleseyite on April 15, 2018, 09:48:10 AM
I can never understand why people become perturbed by a different opinion, and get either aggressive or defensive over it. Different outlooks, perception etc are what make it interesting. :72:

:iagree:  regards  Fred

PhillipJLloyd

Killing people in the nameof war is perfectly legal, but by the use of chemical weapons is illegal,  wonderful !
Totally agree with Roger,  killing is killing regardless of the way it's done .

Angleseyite

I can never understand why people become perturbed by a different opinion, and get either aggressive or defensive over it. Different outlooks, perception etc are what make it interesting. :72:

lmj52

Raysun, In response to your comments

''And just to remind you the op was about teresa and donald bombing syria.''

In an earlier comment you asked a direct question, it ended with two question marks so you were obviously very eager to get an answer! I quote.

''Does anyone out there understand what maccs and twosalmeria posts were about.??''

This is why I took the time to reply to your question. However you responded by commenting ''Would you ever get real and understand the age group of most of the posters on the forum.'' 

In my experience being of an older age has very little to do with peoples capacity to understand or learn and I doubt most commentators would appreciate you saying because they are older, their propensity to understand is reduced.

Raysun, you keep referring to yourself as ''dense today'' and ''its all probably above me and i'm a bit thick'' but you do post on the forum quite a lot, so you are obviously sharp enough to want to share your opinion with others on many subjects, it's also very apparent you fully understand what sarcasm is.

So i'm pretty sure that when someone makes a metaphorical comment, like comparing becoming the Pope, to becoming leader of Rothchilds Bank, you surely understand the comment is not a genuine statement of facts, but rather a figurative term of speech.

If World politics and finance are beyond the capacity of understanding in your ''cocoa and slippers world'' Then unfortunately the forum is not the place to sufficiently dumb it down for you. There are many intelligent people on here who can and do understand, and hold valid opinions. They are not ''weird'' or spouting ''gobbledygook'' they just have a more enlighten perception of the world around them.
[/quote]

:iagree:
An articulate post, a good point politely made.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Jo-JoB

Quote from: raysun on April 14, 2018, 22:59:33 PM
I know ill regret this but,.
Thanks for that twojays, ###   so for the benefit of the old folks like me in the audience your reference to " snopes  " was  in response to Maccs link into you tube, how am i doing , right so far .???
Thats after you looked up the internet to copy info from some website or another.
Which planet are you guys on ?  I have a job logging in sometimes and about three of you super whizzkids are going on with this absolute gobbeldeygook.
Would you ever get real and understand the age group of most of the posters on the forum.
Blinding some of us with your super knowledge of the internet ,you tube etc. Is not as clever as you might think.
No wonder people dont want to converse with you.
And just to remind you the op was about teresa and donald bombing syria. Syria .  Yes

Raysun, In response to your comments

''And just to remind you the op was about teresa and donald bombing syria.''

In an earlier comment you asked a direct question, it ended with two question marks so you were obviously very eager to get an answer! I quote.

''Does anyone out there understand what maccs and twosalmeria posts were about.??''

This is why I took the time to reply to your question. However you responded by commenting ''Would you ever get real and understand the age group of most of the posters on the forum.'' 

In my experience being of an older age has very little to do with peoples capacity to understand or learn and I doubt most commentators would appreciate you saying because they are older, their propensity to understand is reduced.

Raysun, you keep referring to yourself as ''dense today'' and ''its all probably above me and i'm a bit thick'' but you do post on the forum quite a lot, so you are obviously sharp enough to want to share your opinion with others on many subjects, it's also very apparent you fully understand what sarcasm is.

So i'm pretty sure that when someone makes a metaphorical comment, like comparing becoming the Pope, to becoming leader of Rothchilds Bank, you surely understand the comment is not a genuine statement of facts, but rather a figurative term of speech.

If World politics and finance are beyond the capacity of understanding in your ''cocoa and slippers world'' Then unfortunately the forum is not the place to sufficiently dumb it down for you. There are many intelligent people on here who can and do understand, and hold valid opinions. They are not ''weird'' or spouting ''gobbledygook'' they just have a more enlighten perception of the world around them.

DLMcN

twojaysalmeria

Raysun

Sorry if the links weren't clear.

Short version is:

The Youtube video says that the Syrian crisis is part of the Rothschild conspiracy to rule the world finances, with governments being puppets of these super rich people.

The Snopes link is a claim by a so-called fact finding site saying that the Rothschilds are nowhere near as rich and influential as that.

I don't have a view on this - I just thought an alternative take on the Youtube claim was interesting.

Match oif the Day has finished so it's bed time.

Good night all.

J

raysun

I know ill regret this but,.
Thanks for that twojays, ###   so for the benefit of the old folks like me in the audience your reference to " snopes  " was  in response to Maccs link into you tube, how am i doing , right so far .???
Thats after you looked up the internet to copy info from some website or another.
Which planet are you guys on ?  I have a job logging in sometimes and about three of you super whizzkids are going on with this absolute gobbeldeygook.
Would you ever get real and understand the age group of most of the posters on the forum.
Blinding some of us with your super knowledge of the internet ,you tube etc. Is not as clever as you might think.
No wonder people dont want to converse with you.
And just to remind you the op was about teresa and donald bombing syria. Syria .  Yes

zilnor

JoJo
I don't always agree with you but I do when you say ' Money is the new God ".
But this is not new, it has been that way for many a long year.

If the information on the Rothschild dynasty is accurate, then they do indeed " rule the world", financially and politically.  Many people have been commenting on " greedy bankers" , "bankers manipulating the money markets "  etc etc.
Do we therefore put the blame on the bankers for all the ills we have to contend with ?

I really don't know.

twojaysalmeria

Just for interest - the link to Snopes was in response to Macc's link to YouTube. It was just the very first thing I found on the net when looking up anything I could find about the subject and is NOT representative of my opinion or beliefs - just something else to consider is all.

J

raysun

Wow , you are all way too intellgent for me.  Time for my slippers and cocoa and leave you to it.
When you start talking about napoleonic times and you know the full  birthnames of rothchild  and commodity prices when we were asking about britain and trumpy bombing syria  then its time to be off.
Wouldent dream of insulting you jo jo. Cleverer people than me have done that long before i  got involved on the forum.
Your connection between money ,god, the pope and getting into the church is really weird and i have no idea what it has to do with the opening post.
However you will have no trouble in getting into the church you mentioned in the morning.
Tell them ray sent you. Never fails.!!
I might even see you there.
Have a nice evening y adios.

Jo-JoB

Quote from: raysun on April 14, 2018, 19:29:59 PM
Macc, " critical thinking skills.". Are you on something .
I have read some gobbely gook nonsense but this is a newbie for me. I  know macc,, its all probably above me and im a bit thick  and you say snopes are based in arboleas.!!!!! What are you on ??
Are you and twojays related.
Does anyone out there understand what maccs and twosalmeria posts were about.??
Cloud cuccooland springs to mind.
Having read your post a few times i still cant make any sense of it
You are one weird dude and i will avoid you like the plague in future.
Sorry phil, maccs post has me mystified.
Weird weird.!!

I think what Macc is trying to say, is that some people read about current affairs and take what they read in mainstream media as gospel, while others look deeper into why things happen.

If you look into the Rothchilds history they have been financing wars since Napoleonic times, when you fund both sides you never lose. As Gutle Schnaper Rothchild said ''If my son did not want any wars, there would be none''

The Rothchild dynasty have been involved in some way in every war in the last 200 years, So what Macc and Twojays say, has a basis in historical fact, just because the mainstream media, don't give all the information, that doesn't mean the information is not there, you just need to look for it, call it rubbing off the gloss to see the rust.

The Rothchilds own the vast majority of Sovereign central banks (reserve banks, monetary authorities or state banks) These banks are declared independent of governments, so that they can putatively function without undue influence of the governments of the day. These banks however do control the supply and demand of government finance, let's face it governments have to borrow from someone, they are influential in setting international interest, and values of commodity trading prices, they hold the purse strings.

Money is the new God, and the likes of us, have no chance of even getting in the church, let alone becoming the Pope.

Can I add that again on the forum, people resort to insulting each other, rather than spending a little time checking the validity of other peoples infromation, It's easy to dismiss it as gobbledygook or weird, but just because you chose to dismiss it, it doesn't make it incorrect.

raysun

Macc , just read back through your previous posts and it all became clear.
What can i say??
Nothing of course.

hartcjhart

Quote from: Roger on April 14, 2018, 12:48:40 PM
A civil war which has been running for 6 years.
Unknown numbers of civilians have been caught up in it on both sides.
They have been bombed and shelled, killed and maimed mostly by conventional weapons.
Now the Syrian Government decide to use chlorine gas to extract the remnants of the anti government forces, and in the process have killed some more civilians.
Now we are being told we must act.
Why?
Why was it OK to sit back and watch thousands of civilians being killed over 6 years but did nothing?

At the same time we have watched ethnic cleansing on an industrial scale by the Burmese Army, but apparently we did not feel that we had to do something.

In South Sudan we have seen hundreds of thousands being slaughtered, but we did not feel obliged to act.

In Yemen the Saudi Government is killing thousands of civilians (with arms supplied by the UK) but we do not feel obliged to do something.

Why is it so much worse to be attacked by chemical weapons than being beheaded by a machete, or having your limbs blown off by a shell?

I may be wrong but wasnt there a vote in the commons 6 years ago and the gov was defeated so could not act at that time

apart from that shockingly I agree with you :c029:

Jo-JoB

As most people are starting to realise, its all bull$hit, If the UK, UN and the USA really wanted to sort out this, they would have done so years ago, this is an action of convenience, a flagrant smoke screen to make the government seem like it's doing something, if it really mattered they would have stopped selling arms to the Middle East, and trade embargoed those countries who are supplying both side of the civil war in Syria.

They don't, because money is more important than a few thousand civilians dying.

The UK and Russia are publicly and diplomatically throwing insults at each other, but in the last 12 months new trade agreements with the UK (according to the Embassy of the Russian Federation) increased by 15.8% to 3.6 billion dollars.

So regardless of what public and diplomatic wranglings are going on, the Money still flows like normal.

Why would any nations warn it's enemy of an impending attack, Were going to bomb you this week guys!! ''Ok lads we better move these chemical weapons to somewhere safe before the ''Smart'' bombs come''. The bombs might be smarter than the idiots sending them.

It's all a con, and these politicians are risking the lives of our service personnel, to make a theatrical show.

raysun

Macc, " critical thinking skills.". Are you on something .
I have read some gobbely gook nonsense but this is a newbie for me. I  know macc,, its all probably above me and im a bit thick  and you say snopes are based in arboleas.!!!!! What are you on ??
Are you and twojays related.
Does anyone out there understand what maccs and twosalmeria posts were about.??
Cloud cuccooland springs to mind.
Having read your post a few times i still cant make any sense of it
You are one weird dude and i will avoid you like the plague in future.
Sorry phil, maccs post has me mystified.
Weird weird.!!

jonno

I have to agree with the final sentence in Rogers post. Murder is murder no matter which weapon is used. I think the hoo hah over chemical weapons is a smoke screen - if they are truly outlawed will that make death by "conventional weapons" ok? I dont have the answers but I do deplore the hypochrisy.

macc

Enough to do, that's the reason the british government are getting involved, distractions. I thought the same Rayson, that the connections would be too difficult for you, but we live in hope, because we all, well obviously not all, have the ability to use critical thinking skills while reading or watching news on our chosen platforms, and should be able to determine for ourselves what is false and what is the truth, instead of relying on the work of (and snopes themselves admit they are not experts) websites as twojays does, like Snopes to do our thinking for us. Snopes is half owned by an advertising agency, they just follow the money. Remember snopes caught lying for Hilary, Monsanto and the glyphosate roundup stuff, all money. Snopes are not experts in anything, and i am convinced they live in Arboleas. Remember  Trump launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian air force base this time last year, then this year roughly the same timing he is facing another bad time or crisis when the FBI raided the home of his personal lawyer, quick, lets talk about bombing somewhere. All bull, smoke and mirrors. Over 500,000 dead in the last 6 years, as Roger said, why, and ask yourselves, why the concern now.

PhillipJLloyd

Whether you agree or not with the US air strikes, why oh why have we gotta be involved. Hasn't the British government got enough to do at the moment ??

raysun

Im dense today but cant find connection between rothchild family wealth and syria.
Put me out of my misery twojays.