Copying and pasting and newbie

Started by raysun, April 21, 2018, 08:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on April 22, 2018, 11:12:49 AM
Owdoggy - did you get up really early or was that an all-nighter?

Anyway, continuing the Shakespeare theme: 'They shall have wars and pay for their presumption.'

:57:

J
Well, just look at that, me & my quotes.

I'm always up with the larks J. Have always been the same even in these retirement years, which is handy because there's dogs to walk before it gets too warm.

I won't think myself accurs'd that I was still a-bed (good old Shakey eh )

Doggy

raysun

Now its livening up.!!
Not just happy to have a pop at a new member for daring to have a different opinion they  are now searching for clues as to his identity.?
They will be running a competition next a bit like a paper chase.
Must be something in the fuente agua.!!
Off to the  music and dance in the hotel now.
Adios.

twojaysalmeria

Owdoggy - did you get up really early or was that an all-nighter?

Anyway, continuing the Shakespeare theme: 'They shall have wars and pay for their presumption.'

:57:

J

macc

Quote from: RobertG on April 21, 2018, 19:05:54 PM
Quote from: zilnor on April 21, 2018, 14:35:08 PM
Raysun,

You can't accuse me of copying and pasting.
I have never called anyone a " newbie " .

Macc makes valid points, 'partake and enjoy the forum" , " life is too short for digital enotions " .

And macc can confirm that I don't often agree with him !  :93:

Summer is here, and in England we have had temperatures of between 20 and 25 degrees, over four consecutive days. Perhaps slightly lower in other parts of the U.K.  The weather in Spain at this time of the year is perfect.
So we should all relax, enjoy our lives and count our blessings. And stop getting offended at other posters opinions.  :72:

Sorry to answer with a quote Raysun, and thank you. They show themselves up for what they really are more than get me down.

Largely agree Zilnor but the vile and aggressive bullying and abuse of Roger was anything but innocently expressed opinion. There are a number of vile bigoted and ignorant bullies who launch into awful behaviour you wouldn't see in a playground, to anyone who has the temerity to hold a different view to theirs. It makes the forum a worse place and deters others I am sure, of using it. They just come across as a bunch of nasty, bitter ne'er do wells, even when it is pointed out it is not the posters opinion, just a topic for discussion, and suddenly the attack dogs are loose. There is an ocean of difference between opinion and and the vile abuse and attacks from the usual suspects. I would support the moderators getting the banning stick out for those who do so.
I think i could successfully hazard a guess who the newbie is, was, want's to be, by the style of banter. Very telling.

owdoggy

Quote from: RobertG on April 21, 2018, 19:05:54 PM
Sorry to answer with a quote Raysun, and thank you. They show themselves up for what they really are more than get me down.

Largely agree Zilnor but the vile and aggressive bullying and abuse of Roger was anything but innocently expressed opinion. There are a number of vile bigoted and ignorant bullies who launch into awful behaviour you wouldn't see in a playground, to anyone who has the temerity to hold a different view to theirs. It makes the forum a worse place and deters others I am sure, of using it. They just come across as a bunch of nasty, bitter ne'er do wells, even when it is pointed out it is not the posters opinion, just a topic for discussion, and suddenly the attack dogs are loose. There is an ocean of difference between opinion and and the vile abuse and attacks from the usual suspects. I would support the moderators getting the banning stick out for those who do so.

Apologies to Raysun about the quote but I couldn't resist this one because wow! it's wonderful, so dramatic & totally over the top........ and so vitriolic which, regarding the subject matter, makes it a wee bit hypocritical but we'll just gloss over that bit.

Now I know your dogs were not the dogs of war but if you had let them "slip" rather than "loose" you could still have tried to work in the "cry havoc" bit which would have ramped up the drama of the whole thing a couple of notches I think.

Also, was "vile" the word of the week this week? I think we could lose a couple of them because, as we all know, overuse lessens impact.

And all of this from a newbie? Ah well, call me picky but I think there's a rabbit away somewhere.

Doggy

zilnor

guest37478

Quote from: zilnor on April 21, 2018, 14:35:08 PM
Raysun,

Macc makes valid points, 'partake and enjoy the forum" , " life is too short for digital enotions " .

Summer is here, and in England we have had temperatures of between 20 and 25 degrees, over four consecutive days. Perhaps slightly lower in other parts of the U.K.  The weather in Spain at this time of the year is perfect.
So we should all relax, enjoy our lives and count our blessings. And stop getting offended at other posters opinions.  :72:

macc

I can confirm Zilnors post. We have never agreed on a single topic, ever, that i can recall. And long may it continue, or maybe it's just ended with this post,  :67: For now.

owdoggy

First I must say I was going to quote raysun's post then thought "maybe not in this instance"

Quoting is a way of answering a specific point because, as we all know, some threads on here do tend to wander a bit and your reply may be taken out of context if not for the quote.

Do the good people on here (and myself) use it too much?........ probably, but it's a good way of letting people know exactly what you're replying to ....... in theory :))

Doggy

zilnor

Raysun,

raysun

Two down, only about five more to go.

zilnor

macc

So that's what has you upset and sounding wounded. It's nothing to do with effect. When there is a lot of posts on a thread and a person wants to respond to a certain posters reply, they will copy that persons post, so that person will know they are more or less talking directly to them. Just partake and enjoy the forum, and stop complaining about what every body else is doing. Nothing is ever personal, you should never let computer text written by asoles affect how you feel, life's to short for digital emotions.

raysun

Looking at recent posts especially the one "ashamed to be british "  is there some reason that almost every post has previous posts copied and pasted for effect.
Is it not enough to read the post once and comment on it without having to copy them again as if we cant read.
Just curios.??
I see on there as well a newish poster robert made what looked like a sensible comment and already the usual suspects have pounced and told him as he was a  "newbie "  what he should and shouldent post.!!
Unbelievable.!!
The little gang of what i can only describe as bullies  and everyone knows who they are seem to be getting stronger in their replies and have absolutely no respect for anybodys views but their own.
It would be a much nicer forum if they could tone it down a little and show some respect for others.
By the way welcome Robertg.  Hang in there and dont let them get to you.