World cup

Started by raysun, June 12, 2018, 11:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

Funny you should say that Doreen, I was thinking the same.
Nibbler

doreen1

Regardless of decisions, England were lacklustre again last night. Ashley Young should be keeping the bench warm 🙄

nibbler

Thanks for the reply Hogs, but Blatter ran FIFA, the refs are employed by them. I just wondered how a referee could make such a glaring error and not be subject to some sort of discipline. Not just the one on the pitch the ones viewing the screens as well.
Nibbler.

raysun

Kane and ronaldo in same breath.????

nibbler

I've often wondered, is there a process where managers of teams can make a complaint about the way a referee, managed a match? If so this is certainly a case for that process.
Nibbler

gingernut

Good result last night but if England win the word cup I'm going to apply for the next pope's position.

Rod

We used to sing that the ref needs specs etc. from the stand. This is one time he certainly did. Harry Kane was wrestled to the ground at least twice and he gives Tunisia a penalty for nothing. He should be sacked from any further involvement in the World cup.

booboo

Vardy?what are you on! VAR is the video coverage to allow  further referees to assess the situation. But I don't think they were working last night, as they missed at least two penalties and many fouls.

zilnor

byrney

Vardy - I'm stuck in a time-warp and have corrected myself.  Kane rules the World - well, next to Ronaldo that is.......

zilnor

Angleseyite, Byrney,
Arrived home after a game of poker during which I watched  the England match. Vardy this, Vardy that ? I know I've had a vodka or two, but I know I saw Kane score goals ? And I have been drinking  :)) :grin:

Angleseyite wins 1 -O  :grin:

Angieh

Thanks for that, I thought I was going potty and was watching another game! Good result but it was painful and squirmy bottom time.

byrney

Well spotted Angleseyite -you spotted the deliberate error.  The sentiment is the same though....

Angleseyite

Quote from: byrney on June 18, 2018, 21:58:44 PM
"they should have had 2 penalties (what is VAR doing)"

From watching the majority of games so far VAR is doing F**K all - is that the intention though - to rubbish is and then get rid of it so that the "officials" can be swayed off-pitch?  Hmmm - conspiracy theory eh?

There were two clear cut penalties and possibly even a third one tonight, yet VAR stayed silent - maybe it was they would have been in England's favour - again, conspiracy theory?

At the end of the day though, our "strikers" were inadequate (except of course God Vardy who scored a good goal and a penalty).  You can not build a team round one player......Sterling was inadequate - to say the least (that was an after-thought).
Have you been drinking
Vardy wasn't on the pitch!!!? Harry Kane scored both goals, and neither was a penalty!!!! :shocked:

byrney

"they should have had 2 penalties (what is VAR doing)"

From watching the majority of games so far VAR is doing F**K all - is that the intention though - to rubbish is and then get rid of it so that the "officials" can be swayed off-pitch?  Hmmm - conspiracy theory eh?

There were two clear cut penalties and possibly even a third one tonight, yet VAR stayed silent - maybe it was they would have been in England's favour - again, conspiracy theory?

At the end of the day though, our "strikers" were inadequate (except of course God Vardy who scored a good goal and a penalty).  You can not build a team round one player......Sterling was inadequate - to say the least (that was an after-thought).

Biggin

From a Scots point of view England deserved to win but they struggled to get it but got the reward in stoppage time , they need to be more clinical as they could have had the game out of sight in 20 mins. they should have had 2 penalties (what is VAR doing)

In  the second half they needed to speed up the passing was slow in comparison to 1st half but credit to them they kept going and got just reward.
For the next game 1 definite change I would make is I would have Rose in and Young out and the reason playing on the left he always has to come back onto his right foot when a left footer would have a cross in straight away.  and if Ali is not 100% then Loftus Cheek has to start

Thought Trippier was outstanding tonight

Lizzie1201

Come on England 👍👍👍

Biggin

Germany lose  to Mexico and Brazil held to a draw by Switzerland two surprise results today

GEman

Quote from: Dave S on June 16, 2018, 18:47:34 PM
Add to that an Argentinian (Costa) was in the goals for Spain!!!!!
Actually born in Brazil

doreen1

Safe journey Lynden

Lynden

Quote from: doreen1 on June 17, 2018, 18:11:25 PM
Wow, Germany lost against Mexico. Great result.
Delayed again at Treviso Airport, watched on my phone, cheered me up 😉😀

doreen1

Wow, Germany lost against Mexico. Great result.

raysun

doreen1

Arlene, Raysun.😉

raysun

Searched but cant find a post where i mentioned the word witch.
Back to the op.
As a great admirer of ronaldo as a football genius on the pitch i was happy for him but sad for the spanish but a draw was ok all round.
Messi is a hero in parts of spain but some of them were delighted when his penalty was saved. Strange world , football.
Next up hopefully england can do the business as i think Southgate is a really nice guy and deserves a win or three.

Dave S

Add to that an Argentinian (Costa) was in the goals for Spain!!!!!

Rtis

We had the village around last night, only 'cos we have the Biggest Telly !! They are all Real Madrid supporters (even old Antonio 86 !!)  Well they "used" to like Ronaldo, BUT NOW ?????

lmj52

That Ronaldo free kick!! How does he do that? Great game.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

doreen1

Don't start talking about one of the Wicked Witches of the North Raysun.....pleease.

Anyone watch the Spain v Portugal match last night?

We watched  it with our Spanish friends. I learned some new Spanish swear words last night. 😱

raysun

Junepeter ,, It all comes with age i guess. !!!! Be my turn soon.
Just to add as if you didnt know Arlene the rotweiller and her apostles are what keep your government in power .!!
God help us !!
How did i get from Ireland beating england in 88 to Arlene the wicked.???

guest14507

Arlene Foster, isn't she one of the judges on Strictly Come Dancing?

raysun

Junepeter, you must have one of these PCs. Supplied by Arlene Foster in Northern Ireland.
All mention of Ireland has been blocked or deleted. !!!

guest14507

Raysun.
No sorry, when ~ try to enter the word ~reland this strange symbol comes up instead of the letter ~ and a box appears with the message "Does not compute, would you l~ke to go to the website 1966.com ~nstead.

raysun

Junepeter , now listen carefully ,i will say this only once as they said in ello ello.
Enter  ireland v england. 1988.  On the web and it will all appear as if by magic.!!!
You can even see the goal scored.
I know england let Ireland win ( as they do ).
Its celebrated every year in ireland and sometimes the celebrations can go on for days.
That and Jack Charltons birthday and anything else that comes to mind.!!!!

Dinodog

Be home before the postcards