Cable from IPTV

Started by Rtis, July 16, 2020, 18:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King

Well done. I hope you really enjoy watching while exercising.

Rtis

O.K. Update , bought the tv from the forum, tried the Component set up , didn't work , have just hooked up an HDMI splitter 2 into 1  (Techole, USA ) Perfect !!

Cartron

43.  Inch  for sale under private items  on the forum.120.

King

Quote from: Rtis on August 03, 2020, 14:44:36 PM
Well the composite cable has at last arrived, but no joy on the OLD tv, on Youtube there are people with Analog tv's and they claim they just hook up to a Digi box, signal in and out to tv, but if it is a Digital signal is it converted to Analog ? I have a small box for Spanish tv which converts the Digital signal to Analog but that only has 1 scart socket and an Ariel socket, looked on Amazon but not sure what I need .

You'll need an adapter to convert your HDMI signal to an analogue signal. Unfortunately I have no experience of them. I'm afraid the whole process seems retrograde and alien to me!

Personally I would ditch the old analogue TV and invest in a 40"+ modern digital set and enjoy watching a decent picture whilst exercising. You can get good 43" sets for less than £200 in the UK: I've not investigated prices in Spain!

Good luck. 

Rtis

Well the composite cable has at last arrived, but no joy on the OLD tv, on Youtube there are people with Analog tv's and they claim they just hook up to a Digi box, signal in and out to tv, but if it is a Digital signal is it converted to Analog ? I have a small box for Spanish tv which converts the Digital signal to Analog but that only has 1 scart socket and an Ariel socket, looked on Amazon but not sure what I need .

Rtis

Thanks for the Replies, when I get it sorted I will post again

King

OK. I now see what you want and I'm sure all your suggestions, which you've already investigated, will work. Whether or not the picture on an old tv in a conservatory would be good enough to watch while exercising is a different matter! But it might be worth a try. Good luck.

Rtis

The OLD tv will be situated in the conservatory adjacent to the lounge , it will only be used when my wife and I are are using exercise machines , as Steve has posted the old tv does not have HDMI, just thought there may be some kind of splitter that would have phono plugs to plug into old tv, maybe a 3.5mm jack with phono plugs is the way to go.

steveconway24

Sounds like the OP hasn't got HDMI on 2nd tele.
That could be the problem.

King

OK, but what are you trying to achieve? Presumably the second TV is in a different room. So why would you want to watch the same programme in two different rooms at the same time, which would be the result of splitting the signal? Furthermore, control would remain with the remote in the room with the Mag box! You can get Android boxes for less than £30 and I'm sure there are plenty of folk around with spares which they never use!

Rtis

Don't want to spend more money when a simple cable lash up would do the job !

King

Why not get another Mag box or an Android box to get IPTV on your second TV?

Rtis

OK. Teckie people , We have an Smart  TV , we have IPTV via a Mag box , but need to use another Basic tv now and again , the box only has a 3.5mm port which would need to feed the Old tv , looking on the 'net there appear to be many options , would a HDMI splitter with a Scart Plug work , or just use a 4 pin Jack  component cable with 3 jack plugs (2 Audio,1 video)  This TV does have "S" Socket as well. Thanks for looking .