Kindling/wood

Started by Nicbat, January 15, 2015, 23:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olly

As had already been Pointed out geman. But some of us on here try to be helpful, not just post negative comments on others posts, yet not give any helpful comments of their own. And as for being called a smart arse, I've been called worse before now, but have been posting on this forum far too long too worry about people who put posts on here to wind others up. But I hope it made you feel better, if I upset you that much.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

GEman

Quote from: olly on January 17, 2015, 07:05:16 AM
Quote from: GEman
Depends on the health issue.

And your helpful answer to the posters question is?
/quote]
I was simply making the point that certain health issues could prevent them breaking things up eg arthritis, not seeking a smart***e reply from you.

olly

Glad you've got sorted Nicbat, the weather forecast is showing a cold spell this next week, we could even be in for a bit of snow.
                        Pete. Oliver.

Nicbat

Thanks everyone, managed to get a big sackful at the garden centre next to Longos. Thanks for all your help, will be nice and warm this weekend now  :)

olly

Quote from: GEman

And your helpful answer to the posters question is?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Spanish Tangerine

The wood yard opposite Longos sells bags of kindling for 5 euros a sack
Bobby

GEman

olly

Quote from: mickmatthews on January 16, 2015, 21:53:36 PM
People full of good intentions but they do not read that you have health issues. Go to Longos & buy your kindling there.

The compressed logs can easily be broken up by hand, so I don't see a health issue being a problem?  
                        Pete. Oliver.

LisaD

I think the wood yard opposite Longos also sell kindling, worth asking in case they are cheaper than Longos

mickmatthews

People full of good intentions but they do not read that you have health issues. Go to Longos & buy your kindling there.

Iberlynx

Plenty of bamboo in the ramblas, burns really well to start a fire.

olly

Never use kindling.
We buy a pack of the logs they make by compressing wood shavings, that you can get in most ferraterias for about 3 euros 50 a pack,  you can break them up into small round pieces about 1inch long,put two in the fire along with some rolled up newspaper and one firelighter, along with a smaller log or two, they make great starters for your fire.
One important thing though, don't let them get wet or they turn to mush and are then useless.
                        Pete. Oliver.

ginger

Try Longo's Garden Centre and the woodyards for sacks of small pieces of olive.  Also the almond factory where you can get sacks of almond husks.

Nicbat

Unfortunately health issues are preventing this option but thanks for the suggestion

oscar2208

Quote from: Nicbat on January 15, 2015, 23:10:29 PM
Hello

Does anyone know of anywhere local to Albox where I can buy bags of kindling or very small bits of wood to start my fire.

Many thanks

Loads of free kindling everywhere....pallets lying round, collect em and chop em up :)

Nicbat

Hello

Does anyone know of anywhere local to Albox where I can buy bags of kindling or very small bits of wood to start my fire.

Many thanks