Brexit transition period ending - To do list...

Started by heave, August 20, 2020, 11:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: lmj52 on August 21, 2020, 09:20:15 AM
This was taken from a Uk website re Brexit and residency.

For those that don’t yet have residency in Spain - currently, as long as you’re applying BEFORE 1st January 2021, the income requirements that have to be proved are around â,¬700-â,¬800 a month.
BUT - if you apply ON or AFTER 1st January 2021, the Withdrawal Agreement protections will not apply to you and the income requirement for a single adult is about â,¬26,500 per year (nothing yet mentioned about savings) which is precisely why you should do your best to apply ASAP if you don’t have TIE resident status now (about â,¬32,000 for a married couple).
A. The main income earner needs to prove they have a minimun pension of approximately â,¬2100 per month and if married the spouse has around â,¬600 pm income = â,¬2700 pm (its actually slightly less).  If not married they both need to prove income of â,¬2100 pm.
B. If they cannot officially prove via Tax statements the above, they then need to prove they have savings for one year of â,¬33000 per married couple. At the end of year 1 they have to prove savings for Years 2 and 3 (â,¬66000 approx) and the same again for years 4 and 5 before residence can be obtained.
C. Arriving after 31 December the reciprocal healthcare arrangements no longer apply. Private health policies have to be purchased and shown to the relevant authorities before you are granted permission to rent long term or buy. These are around â,¬1200 to â,¬5000 (depending on age and health) pp pa with no health conditions. Much more with underlying health conditions." 

now thats what yer call border control  and taking back control   8)  :police:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

heave

Thanks Imj52 & Tetley - Appreciate the info.

I've probably got about 4/5 years before I could make the full-time move to Spain so need to put some serious thought into this.

Cheers

lmj52

This was taken from a Uk website re Brexit and residency.

For those that don’t yet have residency in Spain - currently, as long as you’re applying BEFORE 1st January 2021, the income requirements that have to be proved are around â,¬700-â,¬800 a month.
BUT - if you apply ON or AFTER 1st January 2021, the Withdrawal Agreement protections will not apply to you and the income requirement for a single adult is about â,¬26,500 per year (nothing yet mentioned about savings) which is precisely why you should do your best to apply ASAP if you don’t have TIE resident status now (about â,¬32,000 for a married couple).
A. The main income earner needs to prove they have a minimun pension of approximately â,¬2100 per month and if married the spouse has around â,¬600 pm income = â,¬2700 pm (its actually slightly less).  If not married they both need to prove income of â,¬2100 pm.
B. If they cannot officially prove via Tax statements the above, they then need to prove they have savings for one year of â,¬33000 per married couple. At the end of year 1 they have to prove savings for Years 2 and 3 (â,¬66000 approx) and the same again for years 4 and 5 before residence can be obtained.
C. Arriving after 31 December the reciprocal healthcare arrangements no longer apply. Private health policies have to be purchased and shown to the relevant authorities before you are granted permission to rent long term or buy. These are around â,¬1200 to â,¬5000 (depending on age and health) pp pa with no health conditions. Much more with underlying health conditions." 
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

non res   no padron no residencia

next year to 90 days in 180 days stay no visa with private meds

more than 90 day ie living  you will need a visa with private meds

to get the visa
full private meds
min income ie pension 26k plus 6k spouse

info of the top of my head wile in the shed.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

heave

Hi all,

Like a lot of people I am a Spanish home owner living in the UK, and with plans to retire in Spain one day.

All my bills are up to date, I pay my non-residents tax, have a NIE and am in the process of sorting out my Spanish Will.

I am only able to visit my house 4-6 weeks a year (excluding this year) and was just wondering if there is anything more I need to try and get organised before the Brexit transition period ends this year?

I do not think I can request my padron or residencia as I do not stay more than 90 days a year. However, if anyone has been able to so this it would be good to know as I'm sure it will harder from Jan 2021 onwards.

Cheers

Steve