Satnav on a Motorbike

Started by kenny m, September 20, 2014, 11:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1544

Quote from: kenny m on September 20, 2014, 13:14:01 PM
Hi Jim,

Yes, plan to come to Bar Carrillo tomorrow, fine weather permitting!

Regards,

Kenny M  :tiphat:
Brilliant Kenny, I will be taking my 1963 Montesa Impala for an airing, (like you say, weather permitting, can't go getting it wet!!!)   regards, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

kenny m

Hi Jim,

Yes, plan to come to Bar Carrillo tomorrow, fine weather permitting!

Regards,

Kenny M  :tiphat:
Wise words for us "oldies" A good memory is  a mind trained to forget the trivial!

Jim1544

Sounds like you hit on a great idea there, why not come along to Almanzora village tomorrow for the Moto gathering, 10 am, bar Corrilo, sure the trike would create a stir and you could blast out some sounds on the ride out!! regards, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

kenny m

Had a mini brain wave today (maybe others have thought of it but I didn't before) that I'd like to share.

I have a Trike and tried to use my car sat nav (TomTom Go 920) with a waterproof handle bar case. The only problem was that I couldn't see the screen in sunlight and you can't get a bluetooth headset connection without having the motorcycle version of TomTom (Rider) or Garmin (Zumo 350). Both these units are VERY expensive.

I recently bought a Shark Motorbike music system and now I find I can connect my TomTom Go with an audio cable directly into the music amplifier. With 1000 watts of music power I can now listen to Satnav directions (and so can any bystander!) without looking at the screen and all at a price which pays for a standard car Satnav AND a music system at a cost lower than the dedicated motorbike Satnavs.

Kenny M  :tiphat:
Wise words for us "oldies" A good memory is  a mind trained to forget the trivial!