Problem watching films on Android

Started by Nuflow, December 29, 2015, 22:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

Hi Kaz
On the Kodi home screen you should have videos programs and system. If you have a maintenance add-on it will be under programs.

Regards Andy

Daffy

Kodi have an update. Jamie has just done ours.

Nuflow

Thanks Andy, sorry I have only just come across your reply.  We were using Genesis so will try the others you suggest.  We have cleared the cache and currently looking for a maintenance folder 😊

Thanks again

Kaz

oldbirchy

Hi
You do not mention which add on you are using?
Genesis has always been the go to add on for TV series and movies but now has less hd content than it used to. My suggestion is that for movies you should try Phoenix. Either Stael2014 or rickcrusher within phoenix. Staael only has hd streams and is very good. For sports also look in phoenix, phoenix TV in either sports or woody. Also try robinhood project or the latest sports devil. Unfortunately, these two need to be updated manually but this is not difficult to do.
Also, for general health you should see if you have a maintenance tool under Programs. If you have run general maintenance and clear cache and purge packages. When you purge packages you will be invited to delete a large number of files. Just do it. These are "rubbish" files that just clog up the box.

Regards Andy

col80

Found out they are having problems with normal sky due to bad weather in England .
So it could have an effect over here with android

Nuflow

Thanks Col80, friends of ours in Spain are also having similar problems, so hopefully will improve in the new year if not before 😊

col80

We have been having same problems since xmas eve with sports . some days unable to get its at all then getting it with a lot of buffering and the next day its ok. . I have friends in England who are having same problems . so I think its is a streaming fault not your box or internet .

Nuflow

We have had an android box for over12 months now without problems, until last 3-4 days with Android box on Kodi XBMC searching, buffering and unable to stream on most of the Android apps, when we do find one we are even struggling with LQ films, newer and older ones alike.  The wifi signal speeds seem to be pretty normal and okay on iPhone.

We also see films we would like to watch but get "stream not found" error messages, is this normal?  

Any obvious and sensible suggestions please  ie is there something we may have done to cause it to slow down to a stop