Android box Problem

Started by Bramblator, June 08, 2016, 16:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

Hi Caroline
Mobdro and kodi are separate apps. Mobdro works on its own has you have found.
Kodi is "shell" programs you need to load the addons I have mentioned into it.

Regards Andy

Bramblator

Hi Andy

I'm taking up so much of your time, I'm so sorry for having been so thick!

Well I have now got Mobdro and I have Kodi...

...I am watching lots of things on Mobdro, but I don't understand how I combine Kodi and Mobdro or in fact what that does that means that I need to! Ha ha I'm sure that there's an advantage to combining the two, but at the moment Kodi's doing nothing??? What is it for? I can't find any of the Addons you mentioned on it.

Caroline

oldbirchy

Hi Caroline
You need the separate apk for mobdro. The kodi mobdro add-on no longer works.
You need to delete the business xbmc as it is out of date. Download the kodi 15.2 apk to replace it. Easiest way is to use your pc to download the apk onto a stick or card then install it on your box from there.
Most of the addons you need are in the fusion repo. Try these
FilmonTV
Exodus
Phoenix
Castaway
Live mix
Sports mix

That will give most of what you need.

Regards Andy

Bramblator

Hi Andy

Well... do I have to install "mobdro apk download" for KODI or Android?  I try clicking on download for Android on several different pages and they all came up "404 Page not Found" not surprising as I seem to have trouble finding things at the moment haha.  I checked the Kodi version and it would seem that you have to have KODI installed and have to use File manager in System to do the actual download.

I do seem to have VidOn XBMC, the program looks to have the same interface as the KODI install explanation.

So now I'm confused and don't know which way to go next.

Suggestions?

Cheers

Caroline

Bramblator

Thanks so much Andy

I will attack the next stage tomorrow and see how that goes haha

Cheers

Caroline

Karen4

Cl3880

oldbirchy

Hi Karen
If 16.1 Jarvis works on your box then fine.
On some android boxes however it has caused audio and stuttering problems. So at present, I still to 15.2.

Regards Andy

Karen4

Andy we have an update 16.1 Kodi, is this not the latest one?
Cl3880

oldbirchy

Whoop Whoop! Result!
All the rest you can do is in two sources.
Google mobdro apk download and install .it.
Next download Kodi. Google it but ho down to the bottom of the page to find old versions. You want 15.2 Is engaged for android ARM.
You then need to install add ons for kodi.
Too long for me to explain but Google is your friend.

You have done all the hard work. Enjoy the rest.

Regards Andy

Bramblator

Hi Andy

Well the good news is that installing the firmware worked!

The bad news is that I have no idea what this machine CAN do, what it actually does now or how to do anything else with it HA HA!

I have Filmon playing using the browser and that's it!

Is there a site somewhere that gives a demo on it's capabilities and how to sort it, that you know of please?

Again many many thanks for all of your help. If I ever bump into you I owe you a drink!

Caroline

Bramblator

Hi again

I've tried SO hard to find anything that clicks and is accessible by a pin/cocktail stick and I just can't find it??? I believe you when you say that there must be but for the life of me I can't find it! Sorry.

I am attaching a foto of the inside of the box and in the meantime I am downloading  the firmware and will give that a try.

Back in a while

Thanks again

Caroline

oldbirchy

Hi Caroline
If the reset button is not behind the AV port then as you have the cover off, lol at the inside of the lid you have removed. Look to see any pin holes. If there is one, trace it back where it is on the box. It should have a microswitch behind it. This is the "click" I spoke about.

If you cannot find one you may need to go to the next stage. That is to try reinstalling the firmware. The files and instructions can be found here
http://forums.justop.com/topic14780.html

If that doesn't work there is another method that may work. While you have the top off the box, take a picture. I want to make sure it is a g18ref board.

Regards Andy

Bramblator

Hi Andy

Many thanks for your help

I have found an AV port, I have cocktail stick duly blunted.  There is no click though.  There is the slightest of pressure and that's it.

Tried it and nothing.  The stick can continue to go in further, I tried this and the cocktail stick disappeared into the machine!

I have very gingererly taken off the lid and have retrieved the stick.

So, the gadget behind the Av port is a little yellow rectangular box with an exit hole at AV port end and at the opposite end, with a metal tongue like thing that bends down.

With the lid still off I have followed your instructions several times, pushing the stick in tentatively for various small distances and nothing.  It's still doing exactly as it was before.

What should I try now please, any idea?

Again many thanks

Caroline

oldbirchy

Hi Caroline
Sounds like it is stuck on the boot screen!
Although there is no apparent pinhole/reset button there will be one, honest.
Look at the back of the box and underneath very carefully, some of the reset holes are very small.
But I believe that this particular box is a reached MX box so do this:
Look at the back for a plughole marked AV.
Break a cocktail stick so that you have two blunt ends.
Push the cocktail stick into the AV port and you should feel a click. If you do, you have found the reset button.

To rest the box, unplug the power lead, push and hold the cocktail stick in the AV port and while holding plug in the power cable and wait.
It should then reboot to the reset screen. This can take up to 30 secs. Release the cocktail stick.

The reset screen has a number of options the first to try is reboot now.
If this just takes you back to being stuck on the boot screen again then more drastic action is needed. But if it works, away you go.

Next on the list is to again get into the reset menu and choose the factory reset option. BUT, be aware that this will wipe the box! Depending on the setup, you may lose Kodi/XBMC and the whole thing will need a bottom up reinstall. Once it has done the reset again chose reboot now.

If it still hangs on the boot screen then it is "bricked" and will need to be fully recovered with new firmware. These boxes can usually be recovered and I have only encountered one where it had to go in the bin!

If you want me to help, send me a pm for advice.

Regards Andy

Rod

Why don't you PM oldbirchy on here.  He knows all about Android boxes.

Bramblator

Hi
I have an Android Box called Droibox Ace Justop (Android 4.2) that a friend has lent me to do a trial run on to see if I want to buy one myself, but so far it isn't impressing me as it seems as if it is stuck in Standby or similar.

I set it up and plugged it in and the Main menu came on

I went through the settings and connected to WiFi and all seemed well. 

At the bottom of the screen there were the usual buttons as on a smartphone, volume up/down, back etc and there was a powere on/off button.  I clicked on this assuming that it would put the machine into standby and it switched off the power.

I then clicked on the power button on the remote to put it back on again.  The blue light came on, on the box, I got a green screen showing  a little suitcase with a cross on it together with some loading.... dots and some chinese writing then the screen goes black with Android written in the middle of it.  And thats that!  It now won't do anything else but this.

No other button on the remote works except the power on/off button and pressing this just turns off the power and repeats the same process.

I have unplugged it and left it for over an hour and retried but still the same.

There are NO pressable buttons on the box nor anything to stick a pin in to try to reset it.

It's behaving as if it is either stuck in standby and it's waiting for something to happen or well I don't know.

Any ideas please, I just don't know what to do next?

Thank you for any help
Caroline