Satellite tv reception.

Started by coolsolutions, February 16, 2014, 16:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busybob

Hi Colin
Many thanks for the clear message and advice...at last!
Can you PM with the price for a 1.9m dish please.

JohnandJay

I just wanted to say a huge Thank You to Colin for installing my new dish today.
Colin turned up exactly when he said he would.  He has done an absolutely FANTASTIC job of the installation.  Nothing was too much trouble for him, he even set up my new TV for me.  His workmanship is first class.. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Jay

amanda

Could you also send me price of the larger dish, thank you

Lynne

Thanks Colin for your tweaks yesterday - amazingly it's even better than before.   :wave
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

carolinew

Sue could you pm me with the company and the cost of installing new 1.8 m dish.

Many thanks Carol

Suej

Just want to say thank you to Trucker, CG and Ramblagirl for their recommendations, we have had our dish fitted today, great price and service and all the channels. couldn't be more pleased.

Sue

Rod

One way to find out the cost, email Colin and he will tell you. He advertises on here gives good advice and service, same price for everyone.

corricos

Hi Ramblagirl, I live in the Arroyo Medina area, so not too far from you! Can you tell me how much your costs were for the 1.8 dish and who installed it please? Thanks Corricos

Amanda Oakley

Colin, Cool Solutions installed our new dish over the weekend..... all up and running with channels that we had lost some time ago (5s etc)
I even had to persuade him to have a bacon sandwich!!!
Very neat and precise in everything carried out
Many thanks Colin!!!!
:romance:
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Peter and Frances

Hi Ramblagirl
Could you please send me the contact details and price of the satellite dish thanks

Regards
Peter

G and T

Colin,thanks for answering my previous question but I have another.

I have a humax box with a 1.2 meter dish, fitted by yourself, and although I am only recieiving bbc rb2, the other bbc. Channels show a stong signal, but no picture. Sometimes during the day when I have been checking, the signal is very weak, but other times, eg now, the signal looks very strong. Any ideas what is going on?

Richard.

El Molino

Have a freesat humax hd box, please pm me with dish prices thanks

franelam

I have today had installed the 1.9m dish by Colin of cool solutions, brilliant...
I am now receiving all the lost channels of the last few weeks and all the 5's which
We have not had for two years.  
A great job at a very reasonable cost compared to not having to pay a Uk TV licence for
The next five years. Oh, we are in LA hortichuela so a thank you also to Rod for your positive
post, it made a very confusing decision much easier to make.
Thanks again to Colin.
Fran :

Suej

6.57 Crew

Ramblagirl
            You are very happy with the supplier and the price......What about the performance of the dish?
If good please pm me

Albren

globetrotter

Thanks ramblagirl for useful information  :-X

Popsie

Hi Colin would you please pm me with details and prices as well please

Rod

I had mine done by Colin a couple of months ago (Famaval 1.9) and everything fine, all channels including HD ones.

ramblagirl

If anyone wants to pm me I have just had a 1.8m dish fitted in Rambla de Oria and am very happy with the supplier I chose and the price.

pd91223

Quote from: coolsolutions on February 17, 2014, 01:26:50 AM
Hi Brucie

Would you like me to show my cards to all my competitors ?

There are also several illegal installers in the immediate area they would love to know also !

Anyone requiring prices can call email or pm.

Regards

Colin

Colin

Please send me prices for dishes too.

Regards

Peter and Frances

Colin could you please send me the prices also
Thanks

harmo

Can  you PM me too . Both sizes please.
                          thx

pamela

Can you pm me please re prices.

coolsolutions

Hi Brucie

Would you like me to show my cards to all my competitors ?

There are also several illegal installers in the immediate area they would love to know also !

Anyone requiring prices can call email or pm.

Regards

Colin
CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

brucie1

is there a problem posting prices as a lot of members might be curious

aljambra1

Can yousend me costs as well please. Many thanks.

coolsolutions

Cielos

Colin, thanks for informative posts.

Against all odds, I seem to be receiving signals at the moment, but won't be surprised if this fluctuates.

Can you provide ballpark figure for both sizes of sat dishes you mention?

Thanks

coolsolutions

Hi Richard

The new dishes are not pointing in a different direction. The Famaval dish is  prime focus dish as opposed to an offset dish which I am sure you currently have. This is to say a prime focus dish will point directly at the satellite.whereas an offset dish the signal hits the reflector and bounce off at the opposite angle and is focused into the LNB which is 'offset; for the center. Re-aligning your existing is unlikely to yield any great improvement.

Regards

Colin

G and T

Colin, good post to dispel some of the rumours going around.

As someone who does not watch a great deal of UK TV, I have not as yet invested in a bigger dish, but I wonder is it possible to realign or retune my 1.2 meter dish to get some of the channels? I notice that the new dishes being installed point the dish in a slightly different direction and I wonder if it is worth trying a dish realignment first?

Thanks

Richard.

coolsolutions

Hi Steve

Only an LNB with a maximum of  4 outputs can be supplied. Once more than 4 outputs are needed a device called a multiswitch is required. The four outputs from the LNB are fed into the multiswich. Then the multiswitch has a specific number of outputs. 8,16,32. These devices can be used in cascade and designed into complex distribution systems as used in Hotels or apartment blocks.

The problem becomes that when the signals are fed through the multi switch signal loss occurs.So Ideally you have to start with a greater signal initially ie fit an even larger dish (2.4m). Amplification stages can be added to compensate,This kit is expensive. It is far simpler if only four outputs from a dish are required.

Regards

Colin

Coolsolutions

steveconway24

Excellent post Colin.

So people of this area now have a choice to get there regular UK tv back. Either a 1.9m dish or view via the internet.
I think I'm right saying a min 1.9 dish is the easiest and most reliable.

Also, Can a 1.9 dish only support a 4 way LNB?

coolsolutions

Hi everyone

I thought I would take this opportunity to confirm the status of satellite TV reception and to dispel some misconceptions that have emerged. I am not
going to disparage alternative viewing methods/competitors, only present the facts as I see them.

As most of you know, all of the UK freesat channels have now been transferred from the temporary Astra 1N satellite to the recently commissioned Astra 2E, these channels have been transferred to the UK spot beam. This Spot beam has been intentionally designed and engineered to give a reduced transmission footprint outside of the UK.  The effect here is, there is now considerably less signal than previously seen, hence why many people utilising 1.2 dishes have lost reception.

Signal levels have risen slightly over the past three to four days hence why a some people are seeing some channels return at certain times of the day, but signal levels fluctuate and I would expect some of the weaker channels being at their worse during the summer months.

Signal levels do vary across different BBC/ITV regions.

Dishes

Currently being installed are 1.9 metre prime focus dishes which 'ARE' working. It is fair to say other installers and I have had to return to some previously installed systems and give them a slight 'tweak', Clients whom have informed me of any issues I have returned to.  If there are any  clients with outstanding issues please contact me.

Any other individuals with problems please contact your original installer. 

On my travels I am hearing from many people "OH the large dishes are not working".  This is incorrect, they are definately working.

1.9m Famaval dish can be ground mounted or wall mounted and supplied with either a twin or quad output lnb.

For people whom wish to go 'belt and braces' a 2.4m dish is available, whilst not only being considerably more expensive they must be ground mounted, on a very substantial concrete pad.

Receivers

Some older sky boxes even with a 1.9m dish will struggle to display an un-pixelated picture on some of the weaker channels. This may result in the receiver requiring to be upgraded also. Models with more sensitive tuners function ok.

To reiterate, these dishes do work.

Best Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions
Tel 600621436
colincoolsolutions@gmail.com