Another earthquake???

Started by Styrene45, May 30, 2011, 08:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilym

This is a strange one:

I was walking the dogs in the Rambla de Oria at the very top near the Boca, just before ten this morning. I heard a very feint but distinct rumble far in the distance - I thought maybe another earthquake or perhaps a quarry blast? It certainly spooked one of the dogs who normally deals with thunder ok.

Shortly after, I got a phone call from home (1/2 kilometre away) to check I was ok? They too had heard a distant rumble, while the windows in the house shook.

I've been the house many a time when thunder crashed overhead and rattled everything - but this was different ???

jill cockfield

Yes, we felt that at Taberno just after 8am Sunday.

Donnafifi

I felt the earthquake up in the rambla of Taberno around 8ish, with a loud rumbling noise and a small shaking of the ground!

Daisy

Unfortunately this one is a couple of days out  http://www.iris.edu/seismon/last30days_Europe.html.

Try this site, http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/index.php Accurate up to the last half hour. But as DaveB says, NO earthquakes locally, or anywhere in Spain for over a week.

There was very heavy thunder over the hills above Macael.

Bearroo

was in the patio and a HUGE rumble came over, moved the shutters and doors, never moved so fast!!!think it was thunder!?

DaveB

Styrene45

My husband thought it might just be thunder, bit of a shake and the glasses in the cabinet rattling, but there was no loud clap of thunder, just a distant rumble. I have known the house to shake when a big clap of thunder has been overhead but not in the distance....There is a storm approaching us now so maybe it was just that?   strange things happening with the climate recently!

nicki

I heard a big bang/rumble about 8am while out with the dogs.

casabonita

Yes up here in Los Jibaos just after 8am.

Maddietwo

I thought it was thunder
Well i hope it was as we have rumbleing around this morning
Maddietwo

Rod

Felt nothing in Albox but lots of heavy thunder.

Styrene45

Hola,
9.48 this morning, another earthquake perhaps somewhere close? House shakin' up here in the hills, anyone else felt the movement or heard the rumble?