Electro Domesticos Supplier in Albox or Local Area?

Started by Not_Asking_Much, April 04, 2024, 11:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oats

Quote from: Not_Asking_Much on April 08, 2024, 20:21:37 PM
Quote from: Oats on April 06, 2024, 05:58:43 AMBEKO and Balay are good brands. I am currently using the former and have used the latter for years with no problems at all. As Steve Conway said, sadly, items in all areas are not now made to last - throw away society. Thanks for the heads-up about the brands you have bought, as I'm hoping to buy a dishwasher imminently (providing my washing machine can be moved) so it's good to know which brands to avoid. The inside layout of the machine is important too.

The dismal Samsung had many parts in common with Balay, so I think I'd avoid that. Beko seem to be badly thought of in the UK. So difficult...

As regards inside layout, I think my other Samsungs are genuine Samsung made, and the dishwasher was just a badged Chinese item. Looking inside, it really was badly put together.

When complete, I'll put my dishwasher research on here for others benefit. I just wish I had not trusted Hiper Ocio.

How did you get on with your research? I have just purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher which has a 10 year guarantee for parts and I made sure I registered it. Fingers crossed it does what it says on the tin and that I don't have any issues with it.

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: Gooners on April 09, 2024, 08:41:20 AMMiele have always been a respected brand, but expect to pay a hefty price for one.

Miele certainly have an excellent reputation.

You need a lot of faith to spend three or four times the money though.

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: compton on April 09, 2024, 08:18:33 AMIf your research was based around looking for spares for say, half a dozen different brands, you will find that the actual components are the generally the same. Virtually everything these days is manufactured in a dedicated assembly plant, the brands generally do not make anything they just put together a selection of parts outsourced from various worldwide suppliers. Yes the overall look of the item is different, yes they've produced their own pressed metal parts and the rubber hose that connects pump to the valve is a different shape but the items that are going to fail, motor, timer, cabling, pumps, switches etc. are all the same. Pop down to a shop and look inside most dishwashers at the soap dispenser, with few exceptions they are the same component. And this will apply to the components that you can't see as well.
Why pay €1000 when you can pay €500 for same components in a different box that will fail in the same time period.

Thanks. Having worked on them (and other appliances) over many years I agree with almost all that you've said here.

Except: The overall look of the item is often almost identical except for the door, and sometimes it's just the outer skin and control buttons that differ.

As regards the items that are going to fail, I wish I'd had one long enough for the items on your list to get anywhere near failing. My machines here in Spain have gone to the scrapper clean and well-maintained with near perfect components and many metres of copper wiring etc wasted. Criminal.

What destroys them is frequent water leaks from hoses better suited to a fish tank, or maybe a Lego toy. That leaking water drops into a collecting sump in the base. That sump has a float to switch a microswitch to 'announce' the failure code. This set up tells you the manufacturers themselves have absolutely no faith in their product.

Gooners

Miele have always been a respected brand, but expect to pay a hefty price for one.

compton

If your research was based around looking for spares for say, half a dozen different brands, you will find that the actual components are the generally the same. Virtually everything these days is manufactured in a dedicated assembly plant, the brands generally do not make anything they just put together a selection of parts outsourced from various worldwide suppliers. Yes the overall look of the item is different, yes they've produced their own pressed metal parts and the rubber hose that connects pump to the valve is a different shape but the items that are going to fail, motor, timer, cabling, pumps, switches etc. are all the same. Pop down to a shop and look inside most dishwashers at the soap dispenser, with few exceptions they are the same component. And this will apply to the components that you can't see as well.
Why pay €1000 when you can pay €500 for same components in a different box that will fail in the same time period.
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: SallyW on April 07, 2024, 04:44:30 AMWhen I bought my house new 20 years it had a Balay washing machine and Balay dishwasher.  I replaced the washing machine a couple of years ago and the dishwasher is still going strong.

I think the secret there is that 20 years ago quite a few manufacturers made decent machines.

Also various brands have been bought out by other brands. Hotpoint in the UK used to be brilliant, and of late they're nothing but trouble.

I'm wondering whether to acquire a ten year old appliance and maintain it/look after it myself.

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: Oats on April 06, 2024, 05:58:43 AMBEKO and Balay are good brands. I am currently using the former and have used the latter for years with no problems at all. As Steve Conway said, sadly, items in all areas are not now made to last - throw away society. Thanks for the heads-up about the brands you have bought, as I'm hoping to buy a dishwasher imminently (providing my washing machine can be moved) so it's good to know which brands to avoid. The inside layout of the machine is important too.

The dismal Samsung had many parts in common with Balay, so I think I'd avoid that. Beko seem to be badly thought of in the UK. So difficult...

As regards inside layout, I think my other Samsungs are genuine Samsung made, and the dishwasher was just a badged Chinese item. Looking inside, it really was badly put together.

When complete, I'll put my dishwasher research on here for others benefit. I just wish I had not trusted Hiper Ocio.

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: RedEyes on April 05, 2024, 14:21:00 PM
Quote from: Not_Asking_Much on April 04, 2024, 15:03:24 PMA six month old machine, and we're now into the fifth week of waiting for an engineer to turn up.

Lots of excuses...

My personal experience with this company has always been good, I'm sorry yours has not.

In your position, I would be asking for the Hoja de Reclamación.  Just asking for it often can cause pencils to be sharpened quickly.

Thanks.

The engineer who eventually turned up couldn't find what was wrong and has taken it away for 'lab testing' So we are now in week 6 of breakdown. Ridiculous.

I asked Hiper Ocio to refund - answer NO!

I asked Hiper Ocio to replace - answer NO! Just wait for Infiniton to get their act together...

Maybe the Hoja is a good approach?

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: Penhallow on April 04, 2024, 19:28:18 PMInfiniton ! You should have done some homework ! Just a rubbish make , buy LG or Whirlpool.
Thanks. Exactly how would I have ascertained it was a rubbish make?

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: steveconway24 on April 04, 2024, 19:15:11 PMProblem you have, is that stuff isn't made as it used to be.
Most appliances now have a 2 to 4 year working life as tech moves on so quickly.
A dishwasher throwing water everywhere says to me, dirty/blocked filter, faulty pump or pinched waste tube.

Last few years, I've been very impressed with the Cecotec brand, so far for my new project, I've bought their, Dish washer, washing machine, fridge freezer and other small kitchen appliances.
But, buy direct. 100% customer service.

Problem you have, is that stuff isn't made as it used to be.
Most appliances now have a 2 to 4 year working life as tech moves on so quickly.

Well I certainly knew (from quite a few years now) that electro dom here in Spain isn't "made as it used to be". But certain brands do still seem to care about their customers. I stupidly took the advice of Hiper Ocio about this Infiniton machine. I never for one minute foresaw a SIX MONTH LIFETIME for it.

This has nothing to do with tech moving on though. Six months is a joke surely?

A dishwasher throwing water everywhere says to me, dirty/blocked filter, faulty pump or pinched waste tube.

None of those apply. It's a well looked-after 6 month old appliance.

Last few years, I've been very impressed with the Cecotec brand, so far for my new project, I've bought their, Dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and other small kitchen appliances.

Have you tested Cecotec atención cliente? That's the test of a caring company. So far Infiniton have been outright rude to me, and have actually caused extra problems, and Hiper Ocio don't seem to care at all that we're now in WEEK SIX of the breakdown.

I've been told that Hiper Ocio are brilliant, but they're certainly not helping with this ridiculous situation.

SallyW

When I bought my house new 20 years it had a Balay washing machine and Balay dishwasher.  I replaced the washing machine a couple of years ago and the dishwasher is still going strong.

Oats

BEKO and Balay are good brands. I am currently using the former and have used the latter for years with no problems at all. As Steve Conway said, sadly, items in all areas are not now made to last - throw away society. Thanks for the heads-up about the brands you have bought, as I'm hoping to buy a dishwasher imminently (providing my washing machine can be moved) so it's good to know which brands to avoid. The inside layout of the machine is important too.

RedEyes

Quote from: Not_Asking_Much on April 04, 2024, 15:03:24 PMA six month old machine, and we're now into the fifth week of waiting for an engineer to turn up.

Lots of excuses...

My personal experience with this company has always been good, I'm sorry yours has not.

In your position, I would be asking for the Hoja de Reclamación.  Just asking for it often can cause pencils to be sharpened quickly.

Penhallow

Infiniton ! You should have done some homework ! Just a rubbish make , buy LG or Whirlpool.

steveconway24

Problem you have, is that stuff isn't made as it used to be.

Last few years, I've been very impressed with the Cecotec brand, so far for my new project, I've bought their, Dish washer, washing machine, fridge freezer and other small kitchen appliances.
But, buy direct. 100% customer service.

Not_Asking_Much

I'd definitely be interested in recommendations for specific brands, and specific models. Somebody must make a quality product surely?

This six month old Infiniton has to go as it is imitating the Samsung by depositing water everywhere and throwing up the error message to cease working.

The engineer is coming today, and yes, I DO know what the time is...

Infiniton are currently doing everything they can to avoid responsibility. Nice!

Not_Asking_Much

Well thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it is Hiper Ocio that advised me that that particular brand (Infiniton) were good quality and reliable. That was after I'd discussed the three recent breakdowns of the Samsung we'd had.

Prior to that we had a Bosch which used to have a brilliant reputation. (emphasis on the 'used to') All three machines come within a six year period of use, which I feel is a criminal waste of the planet's resources.

A six month old machine, and we're now into the fifth week of waiting for an engineer to turn up.

Lots of excuses...

RedEyes

I've always found Hiperocio to be good in all respects.

Not_Asking_Much

I'm looking for a good Electro Domesticos supplier in Albox.

By good, I mean principled enough to recommend one machine against another honestly, and subsequently stand by and help when problems occur.

I'm looking for a good quality dishwasher at the moment. I have arthritis in my hands and washing and drying up is awkward and painful for me.

In essence I don't want a two year or four year warranty, I want a reliable machine that doesn't sit there broken for many weeks waiting for yet another engineer to turn up.

Any recommendations on specific models would be great, also recommendations for a caring electro domesticos dealer?