Android Boxes

Started by Big Bad John, December 29, 2013, 16:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Stringo

Might be worth talking to your friend??

sat

Quote from: Big Bad John on December 29, 2013, 16:41:53 PM
:police: I wonder if someone is able to offer help and advice please? A friend of mine has just purchased an Android Box from Amazon, apparently he is now able to watch Channel 5, Sky and all free channels on his normal TV? I have had a look at Amazon and it has blown my mind, there are hundreds of Android boxes. Most say that they can receive Free Channels, etc. Has anyone got any knowledge or experience of Android Boxes and willing to offer advice please? Can they really receive all the channels we are missing out on out here? Will the new satellite make any difference? It sounds too good to be true I thought everyone was talking about having to get a new large dish? I know if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is! &^^

You will need to install an application called "XBMC" - you can try xbmc out as it is available for PCs also...lots of instructions in the internet and xbmc site.
Then you will need to install the various "repositories" - like a library - of all the various addons.
These addons provide access to the various internet streams for various channels...for some UKTV they simpy use filmon streams. It relies on 3rd party internet streams which may not always be available...
Mind you , quality of some of the streams can vary a lot, it is nothing like direct from satellite, and if you are used to HD on satellite you will certainly notice the difference for Live tv broadcasts.

doreen1

Hi BBJ,
If you search on here for ' android man' you should get the info you need. I have one ordered for January. With my limited I.T skills I am buying the box and having it properly installed.

Will let you know how I get on.

&^^

Big Bad John

:police: I wonder if someone is able to offer help and advice please? A friend of mine has just purchased an Android Box from Amazon, apparently he is now able to watch Channel 5, Sky and all free channels on his normal TV? I have had a look at Amazon and it has blown my mind, there are hundreds of Android boxes. Most say that they can receive Free Channels, etc. Has anyone got any knowledge or experience of Android Boxes and willing to offer advice please? Can they really receive all the channels we are missing out on out here? Will the new satellite make any difference? It sounds too good to be true I thought everyone was talking about having to get a new large dish? I know if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is! &^^
BigBadJohn.