Black silestone worktop with silver bits in....

Started by musicdonna, February 01, 2013, 17:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elle1971

Quote from: wicking2006 on February 02, 2013, 19:30:28 PM
I have this in my kitchen and hate it. It never looks clean, I polish and within no time
marked again, with the water here It is a nightmare. I wish I had gone for a light colour!!!
Yup - exactly the same as my experience (as per the above). Glass cleaner puts a nice sheen on it once it is done, but it never lasts for long.
Elle xx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

musicdonna

wicking2006

I have this in my kitchen and hate it. It never looks clean, I polish and within no time
marked again, with the water here It is a nightmare. I wish I had gone for a light colour!!!

musicdonna

Many thanks for all these helpful replies.

Donna

girasol

you could always try Cosentino at Fines.  That's where they make it.

Elle1971

I had this in a kitchen previously. Although it looked lovely, it was a ****** to keep clean and shiny. It shows up every little mark or water spot. Mind you... I'm not a cleanfreak... so that didn't help :D

Elle xx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

Cielos

We went to Antas (not the Real estate, the other one past the arches)

They were a little cheaper than the Albox/Arboleas supplier

The fitter was also excellent and a real perfectionist

Just one thing, be aware that although Silestone is tougher and more scratch proof than granite, it is not as heatproof and you cannot simply put a hot pan on the surface

Samzoe

I had this put in my kitchen a few years ago.  Bought from Arboleas Poligono as stated.  Going towards Arboleas from Albox, after the turn around for Amigos, I think it's the last or last but one building on the right.  Just before going over the 'unfinished motorway'.  They have granite slabs at the side of the building.  Go up the steps to the display room.  Very helpful people.

Tetley

Quote from: musicdonna on February 01, 2013, 17:45:45 PM
... Does anyone know of a supplier, please, preferably at a reasonable cost?

Thank you,

Donna

Donna
i used to retail marble in the uk and i wanted the black one with the silvery bits in here as well but the price was daft o clock... infact if memory serves me right is was abought 112e per meter square  :o x100 as i used to buy granit in the uk for 35 quid a meter,in the end we bought gray scants ( granit sheets ) and i cut it all by hand and polished it saving megga bucks.
you may get a good deal if you have  a ride around the marble small works in Fines.   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

roboman

Illegitimi non carbonundrum

musicdonna

... Does anyone know of a supplier, please, preferably at a reasonable cost?

Thank you,

Donna