Road between Zurgena & Albox - Speeding

Started by Fishnthenet, September 21, 2016, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

:lol: In Northern Ireland the system post-test is to display "R" plates front and back in the car, similar to "L" plates. "R" means the driver is restricted to driving at no more than 45mph (about 72kph) and must keep the plates up for a year post-test. That way they (theoretically!) learn how to really control the car in difficult and unexpected conditions, and other drivers recognise that they're not too experienced and should be a bit more patient round them!
Cl3880

Tetley

To be honest,ive stopped using the road that way as it does my nitts in,  :smackhead:

however,

if folks really want a good day out,stick a green L  plate on.....that really bring the A soles Out........ :outtahere:

plus we get the od...."F xxx else il sue yer in the car,wi winder down",wich seems to lighten the driving ambience....... on the post test pass.....real time ,driving lessons

:))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Karen4

You're right, it's a bit scary with an aggressive driver behind you, no matter what type of vehicle! I just consider that if they're behind me then I'm saving them from a speeding fine, or worse!
Cl3880

Tetley

coming off the duel,coming onto single lane,it goes in to 40 kph....... ie onto the Cuckodore  junction from Albox ,good luck with that one folks with a wagon on yer arse.

:outtahere:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

RedEyes

What is more surprising is that a road, which was upgraded to autovĂ­a status, carries any of these limits at all?

Karen4

The road, from the Los Carasoles end to the Arboleas turn off, is limited to 100kph, and in places like junctions, to 80kph. It never ceases to amaze me how many vehicles race past me well in excess of the speed limit. It also never ceases to amaze me how the authorities are missing a trick here by not having speed traps everywhere - they could be making a fortune!  :lol:
Cl3880

freddie

We noticed Sunday that there are radar warning signs on this stretch of road , small but there

Fishnthenet

According to La Voz today the road (new Dual C'way) between Zurgena and Albox has increased risk of traffic accidents due to speeding and goes on to say that controls by the Civil Guard will be intensified. You have been warned! Of course those that keep to the speed limits will not be concerned!