HDMI connection

Started by byrney, April 01, 2014, 17:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

doreen1

Eat cake my dear if you can't afford bread :lol:

byrney

Many thanks APY2. That's very helpful and I'll look into that now I know there are things out there.

Ah Doreen, you rich people from Arboleas.....wait while you all get IBI bills like us in Zurgena - then you'll know what it's like to be on the breadline. :lol: :wave

doreen1

Buy an android box. Frees up your laptop, tablet whatever.  :wave

Optomist

Lots of options Byrney , if you dont mind paying for them there are several systems you could use , Netgear push is one of the better known ones , Bekin and Google also have their own systems and Apple has one but its dedicated  . If your looking to do it for free its also possible but depending on your TV and Laptop/PC specifications , WiD is good for streaming Laptop/PC to TV or if you have a smart TV then it will almost certainly have a wireless sharing program built in that you can use to share between Laptops , PCs , android phones and Tablets however there not for live streaming so wouldn't fit the bill for you , there wireless file sharing applications but useful for watching movies that you have stored on a device that you want to send and watch on the Large screen  .

You could also look into controlling your laptop using a remote or even from an android phone so can leave it connected with the HDMI but wont need to get up from your seat to change channels or adjust the sound .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

byrney

I am currently using a HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV to watch UK tv through filmon and wiziwig for sport.

As I am quite happy with the quality and service, I am wondering if it is possible to connect my laptop-TV via a wifi cable so that I don't have to have my laptop located next to my telly.

Any suggestions welcome.