Professional Estate Agent

Started by Hawkeye1, July 21, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on July 21, 2015, 18:20:15 PM
Karen4, sorry my mistake above should have read sellers !!!
No worries, but you threw me into a bit of a panic for a moment!  :lol:
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

Perhaps an agent can comment on why its more expensive to sell a property in Spain than the UK ??

Skol

This is a good chance to let every one know the commission charges that are being touted in the area.

Why the selling commission is so much higher than the UK defeats me.

The fact is that some people are so desperate to sell they will accept anything.

But things are changing, I am led to believe. House sales are up, things are moving.

So using the agents with the lowest charges and the best coverage, ie Rightmove etc surely makes sense.

The agents mentioned are very good but I would not be happy paying the existing selling fees

PhillipJLloyd

Karen4, sorry my mistake above should have read sellers !!!

Karen4

Estate agents shouldn't be charging buyers anything, they should be charging the sellers commission. We have been quoted up to 6% commission fro one agent, I laughed so hard the tears nearly ran down my leg!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: Hawkeye1 on July 21, 2015, 11:49:56 AM
I would value any recommendations. No Bar Stool Johnies though.

As a buyer we have meet good and bad, our main fault is that they don't know enough about the property. They should know everything at the rates they charge buyers, 3% upwards. ( Spanish Property Choice advertising at 1%, the only 1 I think. If they can do it, why can't others). They are sales people at the end of the day, so as a buyer take everything they say with a pinch of salt, same as UK. As to legal properties, most are unsure, that's left to the solicitors.
Hawkeye1 if you want the names of the one's we thought the best, pm me.

steve.p

Out of the Estate Agents in this area.
I would use again and recommend, the one I finally bought through which is Spanish Property Choice, very thorough and professional.  :tiphat:

doreen1

Do Calida Homes check with the Arboleas Ayuntamiento check if the house is legal?

pannica

Well I cant find any faults with Calida Homes Sold ours and kept in touch throughout nothing was a problem (Andrea)
greetings highlander

Angieh

We bought last year and used Coles ( they advertise on this forum). Simon listens to you, takes you to see what you want, no hard sell. Very professional and pleasant. He only takes on legal properties , he is very knowledgeable about the area, and really cares about giving a good service..

Hawkeye1

I would value any recommendations. No Bar Stool Johnies though.