PIRdA are finally up and running again!

Started by PIRdA chris, December 29, 2017, 14:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLMcN

A great asset - serving the Almanzora area ... Keep up the good work !

tandas

:bravo_2: Arboleas loss Albox gain.  Keep up the good work well done.

raysun

Well done all of you. Best wishes for your new location.

PIRdA chris

Hi all,
This is just an update to let all of you know that PIRdA are finally up and running in our new workshop in Albox!  :bravo_2: So many people have generously offered us their old or broken computers and kindly agreed to hold on to them until we sorted ourselves out. Apologies it has taken so long, but apart from the move which was MASSIVE, we then had to fit out the workshop. So a big thank you to everyone for their patience ! :c017:

I would also like to offer a huge thanks to all the lads and lasses who have helped with the move and also in helping us to completely refit a workshop from scratch! You have all been amazing! It kept our costs down and you all did a fabulous job! We couldn't have done it without your help! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Anyway, we have begun actually working this week and are currently in the process of refurbishing 10 computers in readiness for a new workshop that social services are setting up in Vera for child protection. We are very happy to be involved in this project which we hope will be completed within the next few weeks.  We are also working to complete some projects we had already started before all the upheaval that we are now also able to progress. So although we have lost several months we are now trying to make amends and fulfil our promises.  :72:

If anyone has any computer equipment they would like to donate to PIRdA, can you please either pop it along to the computer club on any Friday morning between about 10 and 12:30 and any committee member will be pleased to accept it from you.The club meets in the salon through the back of La Parrilla's in the Plaza mayor (what is left of it! :017:) Alternatively, we are at the workshop on Wednesdays between about 10:00 and 14:00 (if you come at that time and no one is there, we will be having a coffee!)

Our new workshop is at:
Calle Ramon y Cajal 32, we are in the El Saliente building on the ground floor hiding behind the glass bricks!

Directions to the workshop from the Plaza Nueva (donkey square)!
Coming from over the bridge (the Plaza Nueva is on your right) go straight over the roundabout where the banks are. Take the turning on the right that has a red signpost for "Blanes deportes". Continue down that road for about 200 metres or so and we are on the right just by the two blue disabled spaces. We are in the building of "El Saliente".

Once again, thank you to everyone who has helped with the move and to everyone who has been patient in waiting for us to make space for all the new donations.

If anyone wants to contact me you can either pm me or get me at either:
pirda@outlook.com or
pirdachris@gmail.com

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a happy, healthy new year!  :kiss: :93: :72:

Kind regards,
The PIRdA team