House Insurance

Started by Brogan27, January 23, 2018, 13:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilliport

We bought a house here let summer but couldn't physically move for a few months from the UK. I was very worried about insurance and asked the solicitor who had dealt with our house sale. We were given a quote which was more than double we were paying for a house in a city in the UK. I queried it and then asked cajamar our Spanish bank who gave us a quote for less than half the one from our solicitor. We went with the bank. Now we are here more or less permanently we will shop around for the next policy. We were disappointed with the chap in Albox mentioned in a previous post about car insurance and a quite massive error so wouldn't recommend.

Brogan27

Thanks everyone, I have asked solicitor for full details of cover, which is comparable to other quotes, so for this year we will go with it. Hopefully by next year we will be able to have a good look round.
We cannot get over how helpful people are. We hope everyone is as friendly in person when we get there.
Regards

BennCoJones

I have my flat insured with Albox insurance next to the bed shop. I had to use them new years day when my key broke in the front door, excellent service would highly recommend.

Saskia

Try Kevin in Albox I have always found him very helpful, he got money back that bank took for insurance that was cancelled for me

Crancrank

Hi Brogan,

As you will soon be completing on your purchase I thought I would give you the benefit of our recent experience.

We have recently completed on a property in Mojacar.
Part of legal payment process required us to obtain a bankers draft for most of the purchase price together with 3 separate bank transfers to our solicitor.
We bank with Santander (Spain) who would have charged approx 1000 Euros to provide this service, the bankers draft was 850 Euros alone!
To overcome these costs we purchased our insurance through the bank at approx 300 Euros and for this they removed the costs for the bankers draft.

Good luck with your purchase.

Jockscot

Our bank in Arboleas (cajamar) quoted for house insurance at half the price I am currently paying to Linea direct, I was very tempted as it gave me approximately the same cover. Hope this helps.

tintin

I was with lineadirecta, or rather still am but have cancelled on renewal as they keep taking payments out of my bank, 2 so far even though I cancelled the insurance in September, so far have sent 4 emails plus phoned them and spoke to their office and sent me an email confirming cancellation. I have now sent another email and a fax with an official complaint. Whatever price another company gives you they will always undercut so have now gone with my local agent for liberty seguros
Mike

Insurance

Hi Brogan

We find that most house insurance policies done through solicitors tend to be for minimum cover. Roger is correct in what he is saying that you should be in control of obtaining the quote so you know what cover you are getting, Whenever we quote for house insurance we like to make sure the client is aware of the cover they are getting and potential extras that they could include. If you have any questions about home insurance in Spain please feel free to contact us infoalbox.libertyseguros@gmail.com

Roger

You can be sure the lawyer is not doing it for nothing.
You would not be in control.
I would rather contact the insurance company direct and check what they are offering.
For example I have AXA and when I had a fire I went to the office in Albox and they were fantastic.

Then I was contacted by Linea Directa where I have my car insurance.
Their price was higher but it included a lot of extras.
The point is they were extras I did not want.
So you shoudl check the small print not leave it to someone else.

Brogan27

Been given a building and household insurance quote from someone on forum, which had decided to go with, informed our solicitor as she had also given us a quote (higher) she has come back and said we should go with hers as if there is any problem, her office will deal with it. We thought the other because there was English available. Now totally confused as will need to get it auctioned by early Feb as completion expected b4 8th.
Do solicitors usually arrange your insurance, we thin she has been good so far and has given us a breakdown of costs etc.
Brogan