Mercadonas wine

Started by foxy, July 20, 2012, 11:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispaulmud

In my past life not soo long ago I was asked by my company to carry out a wine tasting evening at a very posh venue, not knowing anything about wine I was not very keen, but was told really I didn't have a choice, said evening came and I was set up with some very grand sounding wine and even more impressive sounding people. I tried to keep my head down and smile and give out the samples of wine, but one of the ' high ups ' in the wine world came and asked my opinion on one particular wine, I had to come clean and tell him that I had no idea what I was talking about,the only experience I had with wine was what tasted good to me, his reply was, and I quote ' my dear there is a lot of snobbish behavour in the wine world, but you are totally right in what you are saying,the best and most consistantly good wine that I drink is  a main stream
supermarket wine,'I then started to relax and realize perhaps I am not that thick after all !
Chris T

enricot

cask wine obviously fills a need in the marketplace,any consumer is entitled to return something faulty to the merchant selling it, with comments advising where the problem may lie for the benefit of the merchant to correct the flaw. However I haven't come across many cask wines as good as most bottled wines, although I have found some atrocious wines in my travels.

bobthelook

Nothing wrong at all with drinking the tetrapaks of wine from Mercadonna! Excellent value for money as a light table wine straight out of the fridge and tastes pretty good! Some people have peculiar (snobbish) attitudes to wine often from those that actually know little about it - - - -IMO   :whistle:
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

daver

foxy, i think the message here is that you should feel shame for your purchase and not bring forum members into disrepute by inferring that anyone here would stoop so low as to drink cardboard packaged wine. i have had many tetra-paks of wine and also cows' milk and very rarely one might be not up to standard and has to be returned for replacement. all consumables packaged in tetra-paks must be fit for purpose. mercadona sells thousands of these packs of wine, somebody must be drinking them.

alfie

I think that very few of us would be prepared to buy wine [especially white wine] in a tetra-pak. After you have taken into account taxes, profit margin, distribution etc, I would guess that the wine cost about 5c per litre!  It is the wine you take to a party of some-one you don't like very much! I certainly would be too embarrassed to take it back to Mercadona in case they asked mw what I expected for my Euro!! 

foxy

Has anyone had the white wine in a box from the macedona. I have had s few & took them back there was something very wrong with them the taste & smell the shop gave me my money back, they did want the receipt which I did not have I did ask if anyone else had brought some back, but they did no answer that.