Credit / Debit card fraud

Started by chelseaphil, September 17, 2010, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayjay

Thank you Emma you have put my mind at rest but will still keep an eye on my account.

JayJay

Geminis

Thanks Chelseaphil, will keep a watch on the bank statements. :tiphat:
The "angelic duo"

emma123

Jay I think you will find that it is a security device as it is written on a piece of paper and put near the door by the bank... Well thats in the caja murcia bank anyway..

jayjay

Thank you for the warning. I used that machine yesterday and funnily enough when looking at it it has a little round metal device thing where you insert your card. It did make me think at the time but i thought NAA! cant be anything other than for security.

Lets hope i am right. I will keep checking my account.

JayJay

hishmurgh

chelseaphil

I have just been speaking with my UK bank about my debit card being blocked.  The reason given is that it has been suspected as being cloned and used to try and purchase items and pay utility bills in the UK.  As I do not keep much in that account the payments were refused and then flagged as suspicious and the card locked.   The card is only used for cash withdrawals here and the occasional purchase via Amazon.

All of this started about the 10 / 11 September after the debit card was used in the Caja Murcia cash point machine in Albox.  Although it cannot be proven that this is where the card was cloned it is a possibility.  My bank said it may have been cloned several months ago and only used now as these fraudsters often leave it for a month or two before using it.

So please check your bank statements for all your accounts.  Phil