If yer had a Vote USA

Started by Tetley, October 26, 2020, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

I don’t know enough about the subject to make a real comment, the media is crazy anyway. My wife has relatives in Colorado, they say the support for Trump is unbelievable, they just think he’s great!
They are successful so don’t really care about the result, personally I can’t believe he became President, it’s a strange world. They even have a business to legally grow marijuana would you believe. He’s a fire chief and she teaches.
Life is what you make it.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

DLMcN

A [very dramatic] arithmetic possibility seems to be: 238 + Nevada + Wisconsin + Michigan = 270 exactly ! - (for Biden). Or have I got it wrong? But Trump will of course find numerous ways of trying  to challenge it.

Actually, there are apparently a lot of postal votes not yet counted in several key states - and these could well swing the result quite decisively in favour of Biden.

Dunedin

According to the media, Biden is now ahead in both the popular vote and the collage vote.

Dunedin

Quote from: Old Pedro on November 04, 2020, 11:05:16 AM
My colleagues has just sent me a "TikTok" video at a Trump rally. Trump "We want to insure that products are proudly stamped with the phrase , the beautiful phrase, made in the USA" then a guy turns over his "TRUMP 2020" baseball cap and there is the label "Made in China" ...class :laugh:

My youngest son tried to wind me up a couple of months ago by buying me a  MAGA  red Trump cap, which as you say, the label says  "made in China". This is the an that tells everyone to boycott China and buy US. 😅

lmj52

Quote from: Old Pedro on November 04, 2020, 11:05:16 AM
My colleagues has just sent me a "TikTok" video at a Trump rally. Trump "We want to insure that products are proudly stamped with the phrase , the beautiful phrase, made in the USA" then a guy turns over his "TRUMP 2020" baseball cap and there is the label "Made in China" ...class :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Old Pedro

Old Pedro

Any lead up to a either an election in the UK or the USA, the leaders do seem to talk in a different manner. Watching Biden slur his words a little, Trump going up a scale-almost breathless, I cannot wait for the next one in four years time to listen to Kayne West ! If Biden wins the UK may be considered to be at the back of the queue regarding any trade deals with the USA, after his speech at Dublin Castle post Brexit and the same two years later. His back up team will remind Biden there is over 900 billion invested in each other's economies, a quick update on the Good Friday agreement, Irish border, EU and he will pass a refresher exam !

People do ask why are they are so old to run for President, but Reagan was 77 at the completion of his second term, so Trump will make history if he goes another four years signing off at 78! He hasn't slurred his words yet, just juggles a few facts about history around and "I know more about...." a famous phrase keeps repeating itself. If Biden wins and the doc sign him off at some point post President then Kamala Harris will step in, not a bad scenario, as opposed to another four years of Trump.

Crazy old place the USA. This one may be as close as the 2000 Bush v Gore saga if not the closest? I was lucky enough to be in New York for the Bruno v Tyson fight, but I will not be staying up to watch this one!

Johnny73

+++One thing in all of.this, the UK needs him to win to get a trade deal whereas it will be difficult with Biden. 😎++
No problem getting a trade deal with Biden and Pelosi if the UK keep their word on their  agreement on NI.
Simples.

Lynden

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 04, 2020, 08:05:47 AM
Take it easy on the Brexitanians Tetley , they are still in shock that a deal could be on the way behind closed doors.😁😁
Trump looks on track to win  so civil war avoided maybe.
I think it’s too early to call either way. Clearly Trump thinks he’s losing.
I don’t think any Brexiteers are bothered by that result either way. 🙄

Dunedin

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 04, 2020, 08:05:47 AM
Take it easy on the Brexitanians Tetley , they are still in shock that a deal could be on the way behind closed doors.😁😁

The majority of the votes still have to be counted. At this time Biden is ahead with the collage vote. When asked over the last days he promised not to try to. claim a victory until all votes counted. Now he says he will get his Supreme Court to get the counting stopped and declare him winner.
One thing in all of.this, the UK needs him to win to get a trade deal whereas it will be difficult with Biden. 😎

Johnny73

Tetley

Quote from: Lynden on November 04, 2020, 07:31:32 AM
As predicted Trump is calling fraud in some States that appear to have stopped counting. He says that the Election is being stolen. He insists that the Supreme Court will be involved. Interesting times.

well dear glass half full if The Donald  does loose and post civil war, he will mebee fly into uk and Jack yers up an EU & UK Deal  ::)  ,that should get  the scots,welsh on the way and re unify Ireland   ,so it el be job done for Brextanians wi full  border control (assuming thes enough bricks to meck new wall ,s  )

morning mi lovelies     :smiley:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynden

As predicted Trump is calling fraud in some States that appear to have stopped counting. He says that the Election is being stolen. He insists that the Supreme Court will be involved. Interesting times.

Old Pedro

n 2016, for example, Hillary Clinton led in the polls and won nearly three million more votes than Donald Trump, but she still lost due to the electoral college system, so winning the most votes doesn't always win you the election. With that caveat aside, Joe Biden has been ahead of Donald Trump in most national polls since the start of the year. He has hovered around 50% in recent months and has had a 10-point lead on occasions.

Biden did make an amusing remark that Trump had his head in the sand most weeks, and that much is true, as in the height of the first Covid outbreak old Trump was out on the golf course a few times a week, probably in the bunkers !

He will not go quietly if he does lose. Maybe get his one wood out for a few swings when the feds move in to clear him out. Difficult one to call this election as the postal votes have to counted.

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 03, 2020, 15:13:11 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on November 03, 2020, 15:04:10 PM
They showed the queue at gun shops in the US on Sky earlier and they all say they hate guns but think they will need protection if Trump loses. There will be riots ,looting etc. Some were senior citizens.
How come nobody bumped him off years ago.

I am also surprised he hasn't been shot so far, especially when you consider the number of attempted assassinations on sitting Presidents over the last 50 years in the US. I believe imany have had more reasons to do it  to him compared to those Presidents where attempts were made.
Now that has been a surprise to me, not even a pot shot!!! :shocked:

Dunedin

They are saying that thefull result will not be known until Friday. This is because some states allow ballots 3 days after election day providing the postmark says it was posted on election day. Trump is saying he doesn't accept that but the court allowed it. It is believed that the votes for Trump will be in early whereas Biden votes will come in large numbers after election day as most are using postal ballots. And Trump knows it.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 03, 2020, 15:04:10 PM
They showed the queue at gun shops in the US on Sky earlier and they all say they hate guns but think they will need protection if Trump loses. There will be riots ,looting etc. Some were senior citizens.

Now that has been a surprise to me, not even a pot shot!!! :shocked:

Johnny73

Dunedin

Quote from: felipe on November 03, 2020, 14:33:46 PM
Civil war looming. Or close to it. Instigated by Trump. You only have to read the detritus written by his OTT I love Trump supporters.

Never mind,  with all the queue of cases lined up in the courts against him and his family, he may soon be wearing a orange suit. 😀

felipe

Civil war looming. Or close to it. Instigated by Trump. You only have to read the detritus written by his OTT I love Trump supporters.

Lynden

When Trump loses he will be the worst loser in US history. He won’t go quietly that’s for sure. Fake election, fake news, postal vote cheats etc etc....watch this space  ::)

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 03, 2020, 12:36:40 PM
Your reference to Ms Trump being lacking in intelligence!!!
I assume you don't know her personally and are using hearsay, so to speak, as your basis of knowledge...  :shocked:

As I stated,.
Quote from: Lynden on October 26, 2020, 15:43:37 PM
If you vote for Biden, you are effectively voting for his VP. I doubt he will last a year. Without an option being None of the Above, then vote Trump for entertainment value.
Quote from: Angleseyite on November 03, 2020, 12:36:40 PM
I assume you don't know her personally and are using hearsay, so to speak, as your basis of knowledge...  :shocked:

As I quoted. White House officials have stated her level of intelligence,  as has most of the aides from senior positions both former and present in the White House. 🙁 But it is certainly going to be interesting after the votes have been counted. In my opinion, if Trump loses, he will remain in the White House over the nexr 2 months causing as much disruption as he can between now and the inorganation. I think the boarding up of shop windows in the main cities and the removal of guns and ammunition from displays tells it all.

Angleseyite

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 03, 2020, 11:56:27 AM
Quote from: Dunedin on November 03, 2020, 08:44:40 AM
The polling is going the way of the 2016 election. The only reason Trump got the job was that most didn't want Hillary Clinton and so there was no other choice. So whilst most don't really think Biden is suitable they will vote for him to get the "Fool on the Hill" out. Anyone that stands a chance of being in his way he attacks. I can see AOC being a future candidate for the job. But Trump told his followers that, "No way can there be a female President of the US apart from his Daughter, who White House officials say is as thick as a brick. So a chip off the old block.
🙄

Quote from: Angleseyite on November 03, 2020, 11:56:27 AM
The polling is going the way of the 2016 election. The only reason Trump got the job was that most didn't want Hillary Clinton and so there was no other choice. So whilst most don't really think Biden is suitable they will vote for him to get the "Fool on the Hill" out. Anyone that stands a chance of being in his way he attacks. I can see AOC being a future candidate for the job. But Trump told his followers that, "No way can there be a female President of the US apart from his Daughter, who White House officials say is as thick as a brick. So a chip off the old block.
🙄

That's not very nice Dunners :shocked: :shocked:

Which part?. 😎

Angleseyite

🙄

webejamin

If Trump does lose, as predicted, what's the chances of him nuking China, or N Korea? :shocked: You know, just coz he can :shocked:
Tremble tremble :cry:

Dunedin

🙄

webejamin

So come on then people, now we're almost there, how do you think it looks? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Biden gets in, then Trump can call out the National Guard to slap em all down :shocked:.
Voters are not bothered about the leader, they can't be with these two options  ::) it's the party that matters in this election.
Personally I don't give a monkeys nudger, but the entertainment value is superb. Certainly beats strictly. ::)   

ajc

I see in UK the BLM have applied to be a political party,
I bet Kier Starmer will regret taking a knee when he loses votes to them !

Tetley

Quote from: nibbler on October 27, 2020, 18:47:40 PM
Steve, you'll find that true Christians never blame God,
Nibbler.

i think man & women kind are accountable for 99.9 % of the worlds X ups  and probably 90 % of that is through crap politics ,hopefully the USA  will steady its self, its a great country and Trumph could have generated a lot more good  over the creation of negative division.

hey ho .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

nibbler

Steve, you'll find that true Christians never blame God,
Nibbler.

Lynden

Johnny73

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on October 27, 2020, 11:08:29 AM
I see Biden had another brain fart on camera. He still thinks George Bush is the President. I’m afraid the US voters have a worse choice than we had.

Well I agree with that..
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

I see Biden had another brain fart on camera. He still thinks George Bush is the President. I’m afraid the US voters have a worse choice than we had.