YET AGAIN

Started by lorrydriver, June 04, 2021, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Torrecillas

....and if you took a driving test, did you take along an interpreter of your choice?
Cutting through your red-tape....

Tetley

Quote from: Carmen Torrecillas on July 30, 2021, 11:37:31 AM
Has anyone on here decided to apply for Spanish citizenship / nationality?

and also has anybody gone down/contemplating  the 12 month NL VISA route and done the private meds & driving test  ect  ?

Also

has anybody changed over from the Private meds to S1 wile holding a NL Visa ?

Ta   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Carmen Torrecillas

Has anyone on here decided to apply for Spanish citizenship / nationality?
Cutting through your red-tape....

Dunedin

Regarding the level of prices. When a business has a surplus of goods and needs to move them on, they reduce their prices via discounts. So it makes sense that the opposite occurs when the demand is higher than the goods available. An example would be the UK house martket at this time, as prices are up by 10% compared to this time 12 months ago due to demand. 😎

Johnny73

Some of the problems caused by the pandemic, nothing to do with Brexit.!!
And now Biden sticking his nose in. What next.??

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/31/brexit-three-months-on-uk-eu-trade-trouble-deeper-than-teething-problems-say-producers

lmj52

Excellent news Dunedin, so good to hear.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

well thi builder folks  wont be short on full english  sausages down bacon banjo next week anyway ..... :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dunedin

My local building supply company has been telling me for over a year that they are breaking sales records each quarter due to the pandemic which has caused a boom in DIY with so many at home on furlough. It would seem that as people had time on their hands and being paid for staying at home that it was the best time to do building work and catch up on jobs around the house. They said they would never have thought that the sales were greater from DIY than professional builders. 😎

DonOne

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on June 10, 2021, 18:48:22 PM
Bought some more timer last week which when I ordered they apologised for the 8% increase from the last time I bought the same around 12 months ago. Some paving slabs bought last month were up 10% over the last 3 months whenI bought some. I suppose it depends on your location and the relation you have with your supplier over the last 30 years. It is like I saw on the Jeremy Vine morning show on Monday when they compared the price of fish, chips and peas. In London they averaged £15 a portion, between £10 and £12 in the Midlands going upto Newcastle with an average of £7. In my area the cost is between £4 and £5.50. My local on the coast is £3 to £5 for Cod or Haddock depending on the size. If you cook it yourself you can do "Fish Chips and peas for under a quid. buying the fish fillet at £2-30 for a pack of 4 large fillets, bag of chips for £1-20 and a tin of mushy peas cost 15p. As proved on the TV, it depends on your location. 😄😄

Sort of proves the point, bless :grin: :grin:  :grin:

Dunedin

Bought some more timer last week which when I ordered they apologised for the 8% increase from the last time I bought the same around 12 months ago. Some paving slabs bought last month were up 10% over the last 3 months whenI bought some. I suppose it depends on your location and the relation you have with your supplier over the last 30 years. It is like I saw on the Jeremy Vine morning show on Monday when they compared the price of fish, chips and peas. In London they averaged £15 a portion, between £10 and £12 in the Midlands going upto Newcastle with an average of £7. In my area the cost is between £4 and £5.50. My local on the coast is £3 to £5 for Cod or Haddock depending on the size. If you cook it yourself you can do "Fish Chips and peas for under a quid. buying the fish fillet at £2-30 for a pack of 4 large fillets, bag of chips for £1-20 and a tin of mushy peas cost 15p. As proved on the TV, it depends on your location. 😄😄

lmj52

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 10, 2021, 17:53:58 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on June 10, 2021, 17:26:38 PM
Dunedin still doesn’t understand. Bless.  :grin:

I think he has special glasses through which he sees things, "should have gone to spec savers" I think :grin: :grin:
Rose tinted Brexit ones maybe? However he has good views of unicorns. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

Quote from: lmj52 on June 10, 2021, 17:26:38 PM

I think he has special glasses through which he sees things, "should have gone to spec savers" I think :grin: :grin:

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: Dunedin on June 10, 2021, 16:29:40 PM
Quote from: Tetley on June 10, 2021, 13:37:28 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on June 10, 2021, 13:30:08 PM
Today's newspapers are full of talk of a coming "trade war" with the EU over... sausages. But the EU has not changed a single rule.

So what is happening? The Brexit deal that the UK government signed â€" designed specifically to meet its red lines and demands â€" places Northern Ireland effectively within the EU single market, and the rest of the UK outside it. The EU didn't want to divide the country into two different trade zones â€" that was the UK's decision.

There was a temporary carve-out for some food exports but that is now about to expire. So those sausages can't go to Northern Ireland.

The British government is acting like this is an outrage â€" but it has been there in black and white in the deal all along. It is there because the UK insisted on refusing to align with EU food hygiene standards. They always knew this was coming.

The government made it painfully obvious that it was going to renege on the final Brexit deal when it tried to pass a law last year that would have broken the withdrawal agreement. As Theresa May's former chief of staff Gavin Barwell put it, "They knew it was a bad deal but agreed it to get Brexit done, intending to wriggle out of it later". So the EU made sure to build in protections with teeth for when that happened.
The EU has simply said that it the UK continues to openly ignore the rules it signed up to in the Brexit deal, then it will act "swiftly, firmly and resolutely to ensure that the UK abides by its international law obligations". Brexit Britain can't break the rules without consequences.

well i have manged to get one parcel out of four since jan ie bike & eng bits......complete   waste of time and this was with a deal ...... faster to ship from the USA (Average 9 days   or just shop within the EU 4 days ) apparently building product prices in the uk are rocketing as well...hey ho that's progress .....Cumberland's last stand should get  interesting..... ::)

Between 5 and 10 percent is hardly rocketing at this time of year. 😂😂

apparently some timbers are up 80 % ....anyway all  UK hakademic ..... :cheesy:

Johnny73

50% increase for roofing materials is far from 5-10% Dunedin. Like the ERG some just won't see or dont want to see what's obvious.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/may/08/cost-of-building-work-on-uk-homes-to-rise-as-price-of-materials-soars

Dunedin

Quote from: Tetley on June 10, 2021, 13:37:28 PM
Today's newspapers are full of talk of a coming "trade war" with the EU over... sausages. But the EU has not changed a single rule.

So what is happening? The Brexit deal that the UK government signed â€" designed specifically to meet its red lines and demands â€" places Northern Ireland effectively within the EU single market, and the rest of the UK outside it. The EU didn't want to divide the country into two different trade zones â€" that was the UK's decision.

There was a temporary carve-out for some food exports but that is now about to expire. So those sausages can't go to Northern Ireland.

The British government is acting like this is an outrage â€" but it has been there in black and white in the deal all along. It is there because the UK insisted on refusing to align with EU food hygiene standards. They always knew this was coming.

The government made it painfully obvious that it was going to renege on the final Brexit deal when it tried to pass a law last year that would have broken the withdrawal agreement. As Theresa May's former chief of staff Gavin Barwell put it, "They knew it was a bad deal but agreed it to get Brexit done, intending to wriggle out of it later". So the EU made sure to build in protections with teeth for when that happened.
The EU has simply said that it the UK continues to openly ignore the rules it signed up to in the Brexit deal, then it will act "swiftly, firmly and resolutely to ensure that the UK abides by its international law obligations". Brexit Britain can't break the rules without consequences.

well i have manged to get one parcel out of four since jan ie bike & eng bits......complete   waste of time and this was with a deal ...... faster to ship from the USA (Average 9 days   or just shop within the EU 4 days ) apparently building product prices in the uk are rocketing as well...hey ho that's progress .....Cumberland's last stand should get  interesting..... ::)

Between 5 and 10 percent is hardly rocketing at this time of year. 😂😂

Tetley

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Biden has told Boris and Frosty in no uncertain terms  to abide by the NI Protocol that Frost negotiated  and then reneged on and not to mess with the Good Friday Agreement or there will be no trade agreement with the US.
The ERG say who needs the US but that's all bluff and bluster.
The EU say they will impose tariffs on all goods from the UK if they don't honour their agreements so will be interesting to see when Frost and Boris back down.

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on June 09, 2021, 18:13:08 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on June 09, 2021, 17:10:36 PM
Quote from: felipe on June 09, 2021, 16:43:58 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on June 09, 2021, 13:42:54 PM
****This a rather insulting post. Do you live in this area.***
No he doesent , he used to live in Golondrinas until he moved away in 2017.

Ah so another one that goes back to UK and likes to post on here snide comments. Much like the others I banned that just could not abide the fact that thousands of us are still here enjoying life
They are still posting crap on the “other” place. Bless. :grin:
What? All 8 of them.

best crack is the conservative home forum ,yer can put the Xers through the roof on there wi a decent spell & Grammar checker ,specially when  yer tell ERG Brexi Fruits ,  thev reaked more economic havoc to UK  economy then ISIS manged ....... :afro:

yer know what these CSE  types are like once yev got em primed and   their on a key board tap Gamon mission  :cheesy:

anyway back to lathe mekin forward foot pegs for YAMARLY  in space centre  ( lecky in Amber all systems go ) , :laugh:   

:wink: x

felipe

Quote from: lmj52 on June 09, 2021, 17:10:36 PM

Ah so another one that goes back to UK and likes to post on here snide comments. Much like the others I banned that just could not abide the fact that thousands of us are still here enjoying life
What? All 8 of them.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

felipe

Johnny73

Tetley

Quote from: San Juan on June 09, 2021, 11:35:01 AM
Is it correct that EU citizens can remain in the UK for 180 days compared with the 90 days UK citizens allowed in the EU. Some parity would be a good start.

not going to happen coz spains part of the schengen so yers on 90 days  at the moment ....unless sausage war kicks off big style ..... :shocked:

San Juan

Is it correct that EU citizens can remain in the UK for 180 days compared with the 90 days UK citizens allowed in the EU. Some parity would be a good start.

Roger

The issues resulting from Brexit have not been sorted, and this will roll on for a long time.
The agreement was forced through with insufficient time to consider all the implications.
This is clear with the problems in Northern Ireland, which many said would be a problem, but we now have a senior Government Minister saying that they did not realize the extent of the problems.

However what we are discussing here is the effect on ordinary British people.

The EU insisted in the early negotiations that those of us who are already resident in the EU must be protected.
The UK gave a similar undertaking for EU citizens living in the UK.
But so far have failed to implement this promise completely.

The other issues which have never been considered.

UK citizens who own property in the EU and wish to use this property without complicated and expensive consequences.
The right to visit as long as they wish.
The right to re-locate to their holiday home in the future.

The right of UK citizens to visit family who live in the EU and may require long term care, without their family having to check the calendar.

The right of thousands of UK pensioners who have in the past travelled freely in the EU for around 6 winter months.

The ability of UK music and theatre groups to have free movement for short term work in the EU.

The problems can be easily resolved, but only if the UK Government would offer reciprocal agreement for EU citizens, but clearly is unwilling to do so.

In the same way the problems in Northern Ireland could be sorted if the UK Government accepted that existing health regulations would continue, regulations which already apply and which the UK helped to write, but it now seems they want the right to reduce these controls.

This is not the version of Brexit which was promised during the referendum.

Tetley

Its gonna get even more insulting next week Phil on UK & EU front once" Cumberlands last stand " gets cranked on..... :laugh:

felipe

Quote from: Floss on June 09, 2021, 08:45:42 AM
Another Brexit article to manage the Arboleas egos for Gods sake give it a rest.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This a rather insulting post. Do you live in this area.

Tetley

Quote from: Floss on June 09, 2021, 08:45:42 AM
Another Brexit article to manage the Arboleas egos for Gods sake give it a rest.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cheer up dear if your in Yorkshire  UK you will have morning prayers at 11   :wink:

i often  listen to this chap befor the start of the Arboleas & EU Space centre shift ,i find it settles one for Imperial inches  mic reading on lathe   :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNUdeWw-wE    :afro:

Floss

felipe

Quote from: San Juan on June 08, 2021, 22:49:25 PM
Altair - Do you really think that British voters worried about how the Brexit vote would affect homeowners in other countries. They voted because they wanted a better Britain. You have a choice to apply for Residencia, then you can stay for as long as you like.
I think you will find that Altair is likely to be targeting those living in Spain that voted brexit without realising or believing the remain campaign. The campaign that was called project fear that is being seen to be project fact and truth. I lnow of a number of people living here that voted leave who are now regretting their vote. They focused on immigration when voting and ignored the rest of the information on why not to leave. Now, like many others in Europe are regretting it. As are many others in the UK.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on June 08, 2021, 22:09:24 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on June 08, 2021, 21:54:41 PM
Quote from: San Juan on June 08, 2021, 20:16:07 PM
Brexit voters SELFISH - in what way - please explain

Really? Do you honestly need an explanation?

So you don't think they were trying to better themselves or their country.? 😎

The brexiteers I know only voted for their own small minded reasons and didn't give a toss about how it affected others, especially the younger element, and still hold the same narrow view. In fact I watched a programme yesterday covering the shortage of UK lorry drivers, and how they need EU drivers to make up the deficit.

San Juan

Altair - Do you really think that British voters worried about how the Brexit vote would affect homeowners in other countries. They voted because they wanted a better Britain. You have a choice to apply for Residencia, then you can stay for as long as you like.