The Conservative Beauty Contest

Started by rt21, July 16, 2022, 11:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt21

Well, well, well.  Tobias Ellwood from the sensible wing of the conservative party has been stripped of the Tory party whip for his “failure to support” the most corrupt, dishonest and inept government in my living memory.

However, Ellwood said that his failure to attend the vote was a result of not be able to return from a meeting with the President of Moldova "due to unprecedented travel disruption both here  (Ukraine) and in the UK".

Ellwood apparently voted for Mordaunt in previous voting rounds but will now be ineligible to vote in the future. So Mordaunt has lost one vital vote.

I think there will be ructions if Liz Thatcher beats Penny by one vote because some think that johnson has deliberately engineered this to favour his favourite candidate.

Given johnson's lack of scruples one could believe that he is capable of any underhand trick

Richard

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on July 19, 2022, 09:42:56 AM
As his wife is half Irish  no doubt with a sense of humour if asked about Angs fantasies she would probably say
" Dogs chase cars but they can't drive " 😂🤭
Not a particularly good analogy in this case :grin: more of a window with a view :grin: :grin:. Anyway I've been told we're off shopping now.. so doing as I'm told :grin: :grin:

Johnny73

As his wife is half Irish  no doubt with a sense of humour if asked about Angs fantasies she would probably say
" Dogs chase cars but they can't drive " 😂🤭

rt21

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 19, 2022, 09:13:53 AM
What's having an Irish background got to do with it????. My wife is half Irish and we're still married  :grin:

perhaps not for much longer if she gets wind of what you have been posting on here about Penny   :grin: :grin:

Richard

Angleseyite

What's having an Irish background got to do with it????. My wife is half Irish and we're still married  :grin:

Johnny73

That's what the French said about Marine le Pen, didn't help her much.🤭
Pity Tugehdhat is out , the remaining four are like a bag of cats more intent in sniping at each other than giving any idea of how the might lead the Party and the UK.
Even Mourdants own family don't agree with her political views.
She has kept very quiet about her Irish background . ??

Angleseyite

Quote from: pccorrect on July 19, 2022, 08:16:48 AM
I'd back Penny, about time we had a bit of glamour at no 10, and yet she is hot. 8) 8)
If none can do the job, we might as well have a pleasant view..
:grin: :grin: :grin:

pccorrect

I'd back Penny, about time we had a bit of glamour at no 10, and yet she is hot. 8) 8)

rt21

Well Tugendhat is eliminated from the beauty contest.

No surprises there. Couldn't see him fitting in with the current bunch of self servers and swivel eyed idealogues that now make up a majority of the conservative party.

I think the party needs a good shake up and that will only come with a spell in opposition

Richard

Angleseyite

rt21

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 18, 2022, 18:07:52 PM
I'm going for Penny :grin: :grin: not Liz, she's too lefty for me....

Give over Ang we know you have the hots for Penny    :grin: :grin:

Richard

Angleseyite

I'm going for Penny :grin: :grin: not Liz, she's too lefty for me....

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on July 18, 2022, 17:53:47 PM
Oh Tets. You are so wrong.
But I respect your views.
I have worked in a lib/lab coalition at local level.
Nightmare.
Idiots.
But, from your point of view, no more than idiots at National level.

thing is bryns i only ant the libs in to restrain the labour off the walls.....the best government for me over recent years was vince cable and the torys...
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Oh Tets. You are so wrong.
But I respect your views.
I have worked in a lib/lab coalition at local level.
Nightmare.
Idiots.
But, from your point of view, no more than idiots at National level.

Tetley

the uk needs Sunak to win....he is a financier but it wont happen because the blue rinse  Tory local association members on mass up and down the country will not accept an Indian heritage person of colour running the British empire.......

either way who ever wins,we need this lot .....OUT

and a Lib/Lab government.....IN  intrest rates needs to go up,the basic uk tax allowance needs to rise to 14k and the basic rate of tax needs increasing to 27% and 50 % for the high earners ,then further education in medical,engineering and science need to be free ,and green feild sites and ex commercial city centre buildings need turning into affordable homes .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

After years of Boris and his Muppets running the UK into the ground some of you think Liz the Truss is PM material. ???
Are you all on wacky baccy ?? She has caused chaos with her stance on the NI protocol which breaks every law and knows nothing about the economy which is the problem right now .
Will take more than a blue dress to wipe Maggie's boots.

Angleseyite

Nice to see Liz Thatcher wearing a Maggie style Tory blue dress, Maggie will be giving it the thumbs up from up above. Bless :grin: :grin:

rt21

I see that the guy who tried to convince the government to scrap the Protocol that he himself had negotiated now has the cheek to question the role of Maudant in the brexit negotiations. Unbelievable

You would think a guy with that appalling record would have the decency and discretion to have kept his thoughts to himself

Richard                                                                                       

Tetley

Quote from: rt21 on July 18, 2022, 10:51:29 AM
I have a feeling that many conservative party members are daily mail readers so may well be influenced by the rabid views of dacre and his protege ted verity. Already the daily mail has referred to liz thatcher's chief rival, Sunak, as a traitor. And I have read that journalists at the paper have been told to avoid being overly critical of her

So I wouldn't be surprised to see liz thatcher as Prime Minister. Unless of course the conservative mps stitch her up

Richard

thing is Sunak is same political mush different day  BUT the lad did have to navigate an Economic shut down so rather than some of the Blue Rince labeling a lefti ...they should cut him a bit of slack.

Sunak for leader ie a financier that can ad up 2 pus 2=4

then GE  Needed this year

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/politics/the-party-is-over-for-the-tories/?fbclid=IwAR1mQaWS5YFFOti8Zc8JWc5T4Ps5JZwXioGIGk3H4KXU9F5GkoWThTgza8k

rt21

I have a feeling that many conservative party members are daily mail readers so may well be influenced by the rabid views of dacre and his protege ted verity. Already the daily mail has referred to liz thatcher's chief rival, Sunak, as a traitor. And I have read that journalists at the paper have been told to avoid being overly critical of her

So I wouldn't be surprised to see liz thatcher as Prime Minister. Unless of course the conservative mps stitch her up

Richard

Angleseyite

Quote from: tandas on July 18, 2022, 08:02:46 AM
no never been in the Navy and was only in the Reserves for a short period and was made an honory reservist officer when she was the armed forces minister.

From Wiki....
Mordaunt was a member of the Royal Naval Reserve from 2010 until 2019.[1] From 2010 until 2015, she served as an acting sub-lieutenant, at shore establishment HMS King Alfred on Whale Island, Portsmouth.[79][80] In May 2015 she was placed onto Reserve 'List 6',[1] a category for personnel unable to meet any training commitment in excess of a year;[81] she had "no annual training commitment and received no remuneration" from the Navy during this time.[1] She remained on List 6 until April 2019, at which point she left the Reserve.[1] She was made an honorary commander in April 2019,[1] and an honorary captain on 30 June 2021.[82]

Tetley

Quote from: buddie on July 18, 2022, 08:19:28 AM
UK is in chaos at moment, ministers supposed to be running country are fighting like ferrets in a sack
just hurling personal insults at each other.

just a smoke screen the Tory,s have foooooked it with Brexit then the economics got hammered with Covid and now uk taxes will be going on re arming to counter Russia.

basically the uk needs the Torys  OUT and a new lib lab co elation to cleanse its self from the Right wing  blue rinse off the walls . 

Starmer has to go as well ,people dont want a suit they want a leader .

Tetley

Quote from: tandas on July 18, 2022, 08:02:46 AM
no never been in the Navy and was only in the Reserves for a short period and was made an honory reservist officer when she was the armed forces minister.

No doubt she will have a uniform full of medals plus possible a cycling proficiency badge ........ :blank:

felipe

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 18, 2022, 08:42:48 AM
I thought Liz Thatcher spent too much time on what she had achieved so far, the rest much of a muchness....  :grin: :grin:
To think that she was once a LibDem and staunch remainer. Turned tory in order to get power.

Angleseyite

I thought Liz Thatcher spent too much time on what she had achieved so far, the rest much of a muchness....  :grin: :grin:

buddie

UK is in chaos at moment, ministers supposed to be running country are fighting like ferrets in a sack
just hurling personal insults at each other.

tandas

soosoo

Thought Penny was ex ? navy and is still in the naval reserve.

rt21

Quote from: Tetley on July 17, 2022, 09:49:39 AM
Quote from: Angleseyite on July 17, 2022, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: rt21 on July 16, 2022, 23:36:14 PM
Quote from: Angleseyite on July 16, 2022, 23:02:10 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on July 16, 2022, 21:59:08 PM
Lol, you need to do some research about Mordaunt, then the penny may drop. Lol
A dangerous woman.

But she's a bit easier on the eye than the rest, that's got to count for something surely  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well she was a magician’s assistant and she certainly seems to have worked her magic on you Ang  :grin: :)) :))

Richard

Maybe Richard,  :grin:, but Liz Truss is more Maggie T than the old girl was herself... She must be looking down and saying go Lizzy go

Ang if that was a wind up ....its working   :afro:

I think Ang could be on to something Steve

She was definitely dressed up for an appearance at an 80s revival party of Thatcher impersonators.
The only thing missing was Thatcher’s bouffant hairstyle. But that could be put right with the right rug.

With each passing debate she could morph into a Thatcher look alike. And before you know where you are, you may end up waving a Union Jack in one hand and song sheet for Rule Britannia in the other at her last debate.

Well may be not.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Richard

rt21

Quote from: Lynne on July 17, 2022, 07:58:34 AM
Quote from: timb on July 16, 2022, 14:36:18 PM
Although it’s a serious matter I did laugh at this;

Do you know Rishi Sunak is an anagram of Hi Risk Anus!

:)

What about these  (I wish I could take the credit):

Tom  Tugendhat  -  Mutated Thong
Liz Truss  -  Slur Zits
Kemi Badenoch - Ahem, Dick Bone
Suella Braverman - Anal Bum Reversal
Nadhim Zahawi  -  Wham, I had Nazi
Penny Morduant  -  Puny Adornment

Wow you have been busy Lynne

I know it wouldn't take much but I think you have now put me off all of them    :grin: :grin:

Richard                               

Angleseyite

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 17, 2022, 09:45:38 AM
A dangerous woman.

But she's a bit easier on the eye than the rest, that's got to count for something surely  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well she was a magician’s assistant and she certainly seems to have worked her magic on you Ang  :grin: :)) :))

Richard

Maybe Richard,  :grin:, but Liz Truss is more Maggie T than the old girl was herself... She must be looking down and saying go Lizzy go

Ang if that was a wind up ....its working   :afro:

Angleseyite

A dangerous woman.

Richard

Lynne

Quote from: timb on July 16, 2022, 14:36:18 PM
Although it’s a serious matter I did laugh at this;

Do you know Rishi Sunak is an anagram of Hi Risk Anus!

:)

What about these  (I wish I could take the credit):

Tom  Tugendhat  -  Mutated Thong
Liz Truss  -  Slur Zits
Kemi Badenoch - Ahem, Dick Bone
Suella Braverman - Anal Bum Reversal
Nadhim Zahawi  -  Wham, I had Nazi
Penny Morduant  -  Puny Adornment

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

rt21

A dangerous woman.

Richard