Britain, so good they call it Great.

Started by ES, August 13, 2012, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moderatorA

Started off with a well done for the presentation of the games. Descends to this level.

Thanks we think enough is enough.

Forum Moderators

ramblarider

Quote from: nosun on August 17, 2012, 12:43:42 PM
They have this mental picture of skin heads wearing short jeans and union flag T shirts with 18 hole doc martin boots giving Nazi salutes.

Really? I wonder why?

Lovely looking bunch, I must say. Demonstrating their "supremacy" are they?

Photos removed.

nosunnofun

It's all they can do Olly  :clap:

No one can feel as we do generally without being racist Nazi BNP EDL "thugs". They have this mental picture of skin heads wearing short jeans and union flag T shirts with 18 hole doc martin boots giving Nazi salutes. They don't see the seething mass of angry middle Britain who have eyes to see and are just so sick of a degenerating takeover. They don't see the furture for our children. They have no vision, or perhaps they do?

Question for them: What good does it do Great Britain for a town of people, mixed through generation of "reasonable" immigration, all getting on with each other in the main to become a one race, one religion town with all others being forced and bred out?

Answers on a post card in less than one syllable as we know as racist Nazi's that anything else for you is challenging and do not come back with that is not happening

King saint 76

Quote from: olly on August 17, 2012, 11:34:17 AM
If that's the best argument you can come up with Norman M I suggest you don't bother. I could suggest what the "M" stands for ,but don't want to stoop to your level.
There seems to be a lot of catcalling from one side of this argument, but very few sensible answers coming from it.

How can you expect sensible arguments from the side that disagrees with you....  unbelievable!!!!!             Olly, give up mate, you are making yourself look a little silly.

Karen4

Derivation of "Great"

After the Anglo-Saxon period, Britain was used as a historical term only. Geoffrey of Monmouth in his pseudohistorical Historia Regum Britanniae (c. 1136) refers to the island of Great Britain as Britannia major ("Greater Britain"), to distinguish it from Britannia minor ("Lesser Britain"), the continental region which approximates to modern Brittany. The term Great Britain was first used officially in 1474, in the instrument drawing up the proposal for a marriage between Cecily the daughter of Edward IV of England, and James the son of James III of Scotland, which described it as "this Nobill Isle, callit Gret Britanee." As noted above it was used again in 1604, when King James VI and I styled himself "King of Great Brittaine, France and Ireland."
Cl3880

olly

If that's the best argument you can come up with Norman M I suggest you don't bother. I could suggest what the "M" stands for ,but don't want to stoop to your level.
There seems to be a lot of catcalling from one side of this argument, but very few sensible answers coming from it.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

zilnor

Well said Ramblaraida  :tiphat: :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

mercab

Of course they enforce the law in the uk.Muslim radicals spit on coffins of dead troops returning to uk fined £50 white englishman sprays graffiti on mosque sent to prison.The whites in the uk are slowing becoming a second class citizen.When I lived there my house was burgled three days later police came uninterested.My friend who happends to come from the yemen had his car mirror broken he told me that he was going to ring police.I said it will be a waste of time but he used the race card saying that he thought that is was a racist attack police came quickly.He also agrees with a lot of immigrants views that the uk has to many and should stop it.

ramblarider

There is a specific criminal offence in the UK of "inciting racial hatred" and "religious hatred" - contained in The Racial and Religious Hatred Act (2006) and other aspects may fall under the Public Order Act (1986). Needless to say, this should apply to all groups and individuals equally. The problem (as so often in the UK) is proper enforcement. They seem to be able to enforce fines for late rubbish bins, fines for overstaying parking by 10 seconds, and fines for TV licences, but their enforcement of these issues is abysmal. In my opinion, yes, they should have cracked down long before now on not only the far right, but also the Islamic nutters. They are both as bad as each other. Both are linked to terrorism and both are genuine and serious threat. They feed off each other.

The problem is not that the law is inadequate. The problem is the political will is lacking, and the police prefer easier targets.

zilnor

Sparkiemike,  there is a difference though. UK immigrants into Spain, cannot get any benefits from the Spanish government without paying something into their system first. EU pensioners are entitled to the same healthcare that the Spanish receive, under a reciprocal agreement. Of course, UK pensioners have paid into the UK system many years of taxes and NI contributions, so that is fair.
Big Baz, your father was treated very badly as an immigrant to the UK. You are right to be angry about that. But surely you agree that it is equally wrong for immigrants, such as radical Muslims, to incite racial hatred against non-muslims on the streets of GB ? :wave 

ramblarider

Quote from: NormanM on August 17, 2012, 06:45:55 AM

I've got a  mate up the Mile End Road who does a great line in black shirts, brown shirts, jackboots and swastika armbands (on offer - buy one get one free!).  Free application pack for the EDL with every purchase

Swears blind they were never touched by anyone who was not certified British for at least 3 generations

He'd do better to set up on the markets around here. Untapped business opportunity available in these parts, without a doubt. There's even time to stock up before the big celebrations of April 20th.

PS:

Migrant = normally refers to groups of people who leaves one place to move to another, often, but not necessarily on a temporary basis in search of work, e.g "migrant workers". No reference to any specific location or duration. Also refers to the act of moving itself, migration.

Immigrant = normally refers to an individual who relocates to a different, specific country from their own, usually on an intended permanent or long term basis.

sparkiemike

:wave

it's all a matter of the position you're looking at it from

the spainish may well be sying the same thing about us lot

taking over their village, their town hall & local market.

step back & have a look at Arboleas

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

NormanM

Roll up, roll up!

I've got a  mate up the Mile End Road who does a great line in black shirts, brown shirts, jackboots and swastika armbands (on offer - buy one get one free!).  Free application pack for the EDL with every purchase

Swears blind they were never touched by anyone who was not certified British for at least 3 generations

Pershaps I should have said Grow up, grow up!
From Normam

carwyn99

Olly

I totally agree with you.
Britain is a total joke,

The UK laws mean all EU citizens are entitled to all benefits that  UK citizens are.

So move to the UK all EU citizens and bag £1600 a month for free.

All colours and all religions.

UK Government = MUPPETS

olly

Moving to Spain or another E.C. country, and having to have the means of taking care of yourself and family, because the government won't, is quite different to moving to G.B. and having all the tax payers who work for a living  so the government can pay you more than they earn in a year, are two quite different things carwyn.
                        Pete. Oliver.

carwyn99

Can't believe this tread how many people do not understand what an immigrant is.

Moving from Britain to Spain or anywhere within the EU is a migrant.
Same as moving from Wales to england.

Maybe I am wrong and Fredup have met a lot of people in Arboleas from outside Europe.

fredup

I was christened no conformist,its great i get on with all colours ,all religons,it can be a Bit of a struggle somtimes getting on with my fellow imigrants in Arboleas,but on the whole i swear by been a non conformist  ;)

bigbaz

nibbler

?????????????????????????

explain

and i wasnt aware i was speaking a load of crap

keyser soze

Some of you people are so uneducated, you really need to read up on a subject before you go off on one.

Christians, Jews and Muslims ALL BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD

Christians and Muslims ALL BELIEVE IN JESUS

one of the few differences is that Muslims believe Jesus was a messenger/prophet, as was Muhammad

Please engage brain before opening mouth (post silly texts)

nibbler

Whitechapel Waste and Kingsland Road Waste!!!! is that why you spout a load of C**p Baz :whistle:
Nibbler :tiphat:

cantabrian

HELLO, FANS!!! WELL it is a good debate! i have nothing against the eyeties, IT IS the others we have to be careful OF! the muslim faith WILL take over in years to come but NOT in the majority of our lifetimes!! The Sheriff is spot on!! :wave

King saint 76

Brilliantly summed up Steve. :lol:
But I moved to Spain because I thought it would enhance my Life (opinion) Got that one wrong didn't I (fact)

steveconway24

Great Britain put on a good show with the Olympics. Fact.

But if Britain is that great, why did we leave?  

Because its s***e. (fact)

LOL

olly

Quote from: saint 76 on August 16, 2012, 16:08:41 PM
.... And everyone went back to their gardens, supped some chilled, inexpensive, wine and peace was restored in the Almanzora Valley once again.
What? Peace in our time saint, never! :dig:
                        Pete. Oliver.

babs

Don't tell him I said that Olly!  :redcard:

felipe

King saint 76

.... And everyone went back to their gardens, supped some chilled, inexpensive, wine and peace was restored in the Almanzora Valley once again.

olly

Hope Bill doesn't read that one babs, it will put his recovery back weeks. :rofl:
Sorry folks! :notopic:
                        Pete. Oliver.

babs

Sorry I didn't take it as a joke then ... mind you when I watch them play sometime, they are a joke  :lol: :lol:

bigbaz

thats a fair point babs
i too grew up with loads of jewish people
the government are to blame, governments were too blame for world war 2
governments are always to blame
that dont excuse people having a go at people because of their name or race etc

and the spurs thing was a joke

babs

It would take more than two morons to upset a true Cockney Lass like me Olly.

With ref. to your comments bigBaz, I am sorry your Dad had to suffer racism that he had to change his name.  That's what I call racism.  All I know that there were many Jewish people who settled in my area while I was growing up and I never came in contact with any racism against them, in fact my grandmother worked for them.  They worked hard and integrated.  My and many others feel that the Government are mainly to blame for the way things are going in the UK.  When people, and by that I mean of all colours, who have lived and worked in the country are put aside for immigrants who have never paid anything into the economy.  This is what people are upset about, not the colour of their skin, not racisism.

olly

Totally agree with you there BIGBAZ, for a change. Shameful treatment like that which your father and your family endured has no place in a civilised society, and I can see now why you have such a strong point of view on the subject, but, there are always bad apples in every barrel, it is wrong though, to judge the rest of the apples to be the same as the bad ones.
                        Pete. Oliver.

bigbaz

because i come from an immigrant family two generations back and my dad suffered during the second world war, so much so that he changed his name eventually, so i walk around with a name thats not really mine cos of racism i see it differently

my dad was put in an alien camp for 2 wks during world war 2 because he had an italian name, once they realised that he was ok, (his dad fought for britain in world war 1) they set him free and off to el alamein, he also took part in the invasion of sicily and italy and d-day plus loads of other stuff, when he came home from the war he suffered so much racism he changed his name, now i dont think thats right, do you?

probably all from your lovely indigenous people

olly

Quote from: saint 76 on August 16, 2012, 15:28:15 PM
He's got a point there babs lol
:notopic:

Ganging up on the ladies now lads. Play fair.
                        Pete. Oliver.

babs

Sorry I forgot to laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol: