Sat tv reception problems

Started by eurosatwiz, December 04, 2012, 14:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alnamabaz

Hi all,

We live in Aljambra, Albox. Have a dish size 1.23m (rare size, not sure whether 1.2 or 1.3?), double struts near the transponder. Can't find a name.
Anyway yesterday NO CHANNEL 5!
If anyone has a solution please let me know.
Many thanks
Lissie

byrney

Trust you to have a common name Nibbler !!!

nibbler

You noticed! no my real name is Jethro.Tobias,Lincoln,Montgomery,SMITH.
There now my secrets out.  :lol:
Nibbler. :tiphat:

Cielos

Quote from: nibbler on December 15, 2012, 19:28:22 PM
I'll try again If you are Gary why call yourself Olive if not who is Olive.Apy,who are you.How can we go to companies when we don't know who the hell you are.
Mods if this upsets you perhaps you will tell what I can ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nibbler :head

Is Nibbler your real name then :lol: :lol: :lol:

ColinC

Quote from: eurosatwiz on December 15, 2012, 20:24:26 PM
Collin I do hope your not confusing me with that person

After all these years I haven't a clue what his name is/ was..all I am saying is I have used Gary a few times now and am impressed with his knowledge and work..simples.

ColinC

Quote from: nibbler on December 15, 2012, 20:57:52 PM
Don't start having a go at Colin,he's a mate and honest as the day is long.
NIBBLER :tiphat:

Thank you Nibbler....I just wanted to say that I was happy with a particular installer, and do resent the suggestion that someone might pay me for an honest recommendation... But there you go..

eurosatwiz

Quote from: Tetley on December 15, 2012, 22:12:41 PM
Stop press !

local council meeting called to solve stataligh problems... see link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE

night bight all  :wave
The force is strong with you
Advice is free

Tetley

Stop press !

local council meeting called to solve stataligh problems... see link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE

night bight all  :wave
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

eurosatwiz

Most of the people that are still here now with a successful business
Are all honest because the dishonest ones couldn't survive
Advice is free

Artleknock

Quote from: swithin on December 15, 2012, 19:46:13 PM
Artieknock, do you even know the answer to my question.
A parabolic dish brings a very wide bandwidth of radio waves to the same focal point.

nibbler

Don't start having a go at Colin,he's a mate and honest as the day is long.
NIBBLER :tiphat:

nibbler

Oh yes! sorry I only look at the important bits.
nibbler :tiphat:

eurosatwiz

Collin I do hope your not confusing me with that person
Advice is free

olive25

He did not pay nothing now before i get out of order may i suggest we get back to the Sat tv reception problems.

Just an idea seeing as the dignified silence is all about lost.

:notopic: :notopic:

ColinC

Quote from: eurosatwiz on December 15, 2012, 20:12:47 PM
Quote from: ColinC on December 15, 2012, 19:57:42 PM
I have to say Gary (aka Olive25) has done work for me over the years here and I have to say I have always been impressed with the work he has done, I can't say that for every job I have done!! I do have a bit of technology knowledge, but don't always let on that I know what I am talking about. Gary has never given me any bull, just an honest professional opinion and price, I therefore do not need to shop around I am happy with what he does for me...

Colin Cockfield
AKA Colin The Card
Every one is entitled to a choice and opinion
How much did he pay you lol

He hasn't, and does not need to pay me anything..I just tell it how it is.. I did have a Sat internet system installed when we first had the house here, a right rip off by someone who clearly was guessing a lot of what he was doing.... needless to say that person has not been invited back to do any work for me!!  :whistle: :whistle: :-X:whistle: :whistle:

eurosatwiz

Quote from: ColinC on December 15, 2012, 19:57:42 PM
I have to say Gary (aka Olive25) has done work for me over the years here and I have to say I have always been impressed with the work he has done, I can't say that for every job I have done!! I do have a bit of technology knowledge, but don't always let on that I know what I am talking about. Gary has never given me any bull, just an honest professional opinion and price, I therefore do not need to shop around I am happy with what he does for me...

Colin Cockfield
AKA Colin The Card
Every one is entitled to a choice and opinion
How much did he pay you lol
Advice is free

ColinC

Colin Cockfield
AKA Colin The Card

eurosatwiz

My prices are published on forum and my website
Advice is free

Optomist

Quote from: olive25 on December 15, 2012, 19:33:49 PM
Quote from: APY2 on December 15, 2012, 17:38:40 PM
Why not give the name of the company that provided the quote so others have something to go on , we will also know who to avoid NOW and in the FUTURE when the windfall business has gone and they are looking for work . For those that have no idea of the costs a few examples with provide a guide to go by .

I am not sure that is what you said.Please feel free to correct if i am wrong.

You are right , it was but when i read your post and then my own again i could understand why you took it to be directed at the installer that had given the quote although i had no idea of who that was and i didn't need to as i wasn't suggesting t was expensive only that a few quotes posted would give others a ball park figure of what they can to expect to pay .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

swithin

Artieknock, do you even know the answer to my question.

olive25

Quote from: APY2 on December 15, 2012, 17:38:40 PM
Why not give the name of the company that provided the quote so others have something to go on , we will also know who to avoid NOW and in the FUTURE when the windfall business has gone and they are looking for work . For those that have no idea of the costs a few examples with provide a guide to go by .

I am not sure that is what you said.Please feel free to correct if i am wrong.

Optomist

Quote from: olive25 on December 15, 2012, 18:02:26 PM
Just to add i also do not remember telling the person in question that the reinstallation was extra. I know who they were & i have a witness to the conversation, now my dignified silence has been cut short , so APY either reveal yourself as i do or do not ever judge me .

After 8 + yrs of being here & still working ( oh and being in the trade before i got here) i think that i must be doing something right.

olive25 , Wasnt intended to criticize you , your work or your charges as you say we dont know each other was purely a suggestion to give a general comparison , another company might be charging €1500 for the same work , for those with no idea what costs are involved they would get a better idea . I dont have any agenda and i dont think i actually know anyone in the business .

olive25

Quote from: nibbler on December 15, 2012, 19:28:22 PM
I'll try again If you are Gary why call yourself Olive if not who is Olive.Apy,who are you.How can we go to companies when we don't know who the hell you are.
Mods if this upsets you perhaps you will tell what I can ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES IT SAY UNDER MY POSTINGS

nibbler

Artleknock

Quote from: swithin on December 15, 2012, 18:53:19 PM
Hi are the new dishes c or ku band?
Proof, once again, that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

swithin

Hi are the new dishes c or ku band?

Cielos

Quote from: cantabrian on December 15, 2012, 18:20:48 PM
YOU are Gary !,OK ! don,t get snotty about the post,(and i have a witness!!) all i have heard (and a poster asked ) WHO was the company, i am just stating some facts,and ALSO asking a question !

I'm sorry but you can't make statements like this without proof - name your witness or delete your post

Cielos

Quote from: olive25 on December 15, 2012, 17:53:27 PM
May i ask why you wish to avoid , i do not know you , you do not know me , may i suggest the ones to avoid are the ones who do not know what they are doing.

Cantabrian if you wish to ask nicely i may reply but what does IT was Gary !! mean.

Just for the info the dishes are not cheap but if you wish to seek other alternatives feel free but i wouldve thought after all the years of being scammed maybe just maybe it may be better to have the job done right first time.

If you wish to ask or assume any other ideas please feel free to ask.

Here here, Gary is one of the few traders in this area who is honest and doesn't try to fleece you!

cantabrian

YOU are Gary !,OK ! don,t get snotty about the post,(and i have a witness!!) all i have heard (and a poster asked ) WHO was the company, i am just stating some facts,and ALSO asking a question !

cgmaywood

Well there is only one engineer who I would have to do work for me and that is Gary.

I have always been more than satisfied with his work and his prices.

No I am not related to him just a very satisfied customer.

Chrissy

olive25

Just to add i also do not remember telling the person in question that the reinstallation was extra. I know who they were & i have a witness to the conversation, now my dignified silence has been cut short , so APY either reveal yourself as i do or do not ever judge me .

After 8 + yrs of being here & still working ( oh and being in the trade before i got here) i think that i must be doing something right.

olive25

May i ask why you wish to avoid , i do not know you , you do not know me , may i suggest the ones to avoid are the ones who do not know what they are doing.

Cantabrian if you wish to ask nicely i may reply but what does IT was Gary !! mean.

Just for the info the dishes are not cheap but if you wish to seek other alternatives feel free but i wouldve thought after all the years of being scammed maybe just maybe it may be better to have the job done right first time.

If you wish to ask or assume any other ideas please feel free to ask.

cantabrian

Optomist

eurosatwiz

Best advise I can give is shop arround for a quote
Advice is free