Illicit dog sanctuary raided in Cantoria

Started by Paul and Jo, September 12, 2013, 14:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisasbolt

She seemed to be doing the best she could and has been at dia supermarket for a while now, i have also seen her going through the supermarket bins. I wonder what will happen to her

Paul and Jo

Not sure what to think now as she told me a completely different story than that published on www.spainbuddy.com? Confused.com  ???

awaywiththefairies

Yes from the picture it is Barbara the German lady.  Many years ago we had a puppy from her which died a couple of months later and I then heard the whole litter died. Again some years ago now, I used to talk to her and I know that she was barely surviving herself.  I am sure she meant well but was unable to cope.  I have always thought of her as being a little 'eccentric'.  The amount of dogs she had and tried to keep on her own seems to be almost a form of 'hoarding'.  Sad for her and the dogs.

Paul and Jo

She has been in our shop a few times begging for dog food, crying and saying that Apsa had dumped 20 dogs at her house!

djc

Seen this lady begging many a time at the market and lately at Dia supermarket begging for food for animals and money.  She usually turns up in a white van.

Paul and Jo

I think she is although her name doesn't sound it.