BBC signal Gone

Started by mbit66, February 06, 2014, 05:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uslot

Anyone know how long the cable between satellite dish and receiver can be? We're thinking of getting a larger dish, with 8 way LNB, and then running a cable to our neighbour but she is about 100m away.

Ta

Bob The Painter

Hi  Alan & June, Hope alls ok with you both, Alan..the Android box, dose it go through/fit with a Humax box. I have a good internet with wifi for the laptop and the Humax box so would it be worth getting an Android box.....??????   Cheers, John. :tiphat:

Tetley

putting mi sensible head on for 10 mins    :tiphat:

we have an old lg 42" with a dvi socket a new cheap & cheerfull laptop
1 dvi to hmdi 5 meter cable
1 cheap surround sound that plugs into the laptop head phone socket

last night we had film on and it was like been at the pictures ,no extra boxes,gizzmos ,just a 6 quid cable off e bay and a 25e second hand surround sound unit

it realy is as simple as that,if your happy with lap top TV

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

alanjune

The Android box uses Film on

THOMAS THE TANK

Hi Byrney,
Thank you for your sensible reply.  The Joddrell bank path is extortionate.  I will try the filmon route and maybe an android box if filmon goes up the Kyber Pass.

CT

Quote from: THOMAS THE TANK on February 07, 2014, 10:40:33 AM
Maybe some INFORMED person could tell us less informed people with a small dish, freesat box and internet connection the best way we can obtain the BBC channels again.

Move to the Channel Islands :clap:

byrney

Satellite salesmen will tell you that you need a larger dish.

Freesat box salesmen will tell you that you need a freesat box.

Some people are using filmon.com for their regular TV and wiziwig.tv for sport.  Although free (and some doom and gloom merchants will tell you that they'll be shut down "eventually") you do need an internet speed of 3mbs and probably a "newish" pc/laptop.

It really is down to individual choice as to whether you have a grand kicking around in a drawer somewhere, and are happy with Jodrell Bank in the back garden.

THOMAS THE TANK

Maybe some INFORMED person could tell us less informed people with a small dish, freesat box and internet connection the best way we can obtain the BBC channels again.

little voice

CT

Quote from: webejamin on February 06, 2014, 14:17:10 PM
Hey you lot!!! stop all this moaning. Be more positive with your posts. Any prospective buyers will see all this and it may drive them away :o be more upbeat about it all, after all, people in the UK can't access Spanish TV can they. They pay their license fee so get BBC, simple. There's more to life than Corrie and Enders isn't there? Or, maybe there isn't? :whistle:
People will start driving around it untaxed UK cars next :o

People in the UK can access Spanish TV if they have the right equipment. Someone at the BBC clearly reads the forum because they have issued a statement saying the BBC has no responsibility for providing a signal outside the UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands as that is where their licence payers are.

beverley man

Hi I wonder if our smaller dishes can be  tweaked a little to pick the new signal up as some in and around seem to be able to pick it up
beverley man

little voice

Most BBC 1 channels back this morning and some BBC 2 channels -perfect. 1.6m dish + Sky box near Los Pocicas.

doreen1

Quote from: Cielos on February 06, 2014, 16:33:54 PM
Quote from: doreen1 on February 06, 2014, 09:13:15 AM
Hi,
Yes we have an android box and everything is still on.

Doreen, what are your internet speeds like?  Meant to add that my signal for BBC channels went and then came back about an hour ago...

Sorry on getting back to you now.
Internet speed is usually between 6 and 12 mps.

mercab

On iplayer we can watch all bbc channels but bbc1 but we can get the previous days bbc1 on catch up.I think that our down load speed needs up grading as I am only getting 5.80 when testing it.For some reason we cannot get itv now but that it still on the tv so no probs there yet.

jaws100

Our signals that disappeared during the afternoon yesterday are now back, together with some more channels.  1.35 dish and Humax Freesat box.  Totana, Murcia.

Brian

All those people receiving signal ok, what size dish do you have?

Lynne

All our channels returned during the evening.  All working well this morning.  Fingers crossed.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

JAN

Quote from: sallyb on February 06, 2014, 21:56:20 PM
So no point in buying a box if it is reliant on Filmon winning it's case.

I don't know, all depends on how much you like the tele, it won't be imminent, appeals and the like, so for 100 euros or so for a box is worth it IMO.

Cancel Sky @ 30 a month, made it's money after 4 months, and he can watch the football  :whistle:

And if it is stopped, it won't be long before another steps into their shoes, tis they way of things.
If I was patronizing you, I'd be patting you on the head and saying "Size doesn't matter".

sallyb

So no point in buying a box if it is reliant on Filmon winning it's case.
Phyll

swift

Android box from eBay £79.95
Fully loaded all English sky channels and latest movies
door to door delivery uk - spain & europe
0034 618511234

JAN

Quote from: sallyb on February 06, 2014, 19:25:00 PM
Jan I too would like an answer to your question about Android box, this looks to be the answer.

I agree.

Done a bit of digging today, and if you have enough broadband, it works fine, at the moment I have 1meg, upgraded today, had to upgrade anyway.

Only problem I can see is if Filmon stop streaming, which may happen this year if the TV co's get their way, they are in court in April, I think this is the same Filmon, can't be certain.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/03/usa-court-aereo-filmon-idUSL2N0L80SJ20140203
If I was patronizing you, I'd be patting you on the head and saying "Size doesn't matter".

Karen4

We've got no BBC via Sky, but can still get our local BBC Northern Ireland via Filmon.
Cl3880

Cielos

Quote from: lorca lad on February 06, 2014, 19:26:50 PM
Hi,

Just posted this message on another site ......... 20.15 tonight ....... We have ALL channels from a Freeview box...... Ie - bbc 1,2, itv, ch3, 4, etc).

How are you all getting on .

L. L.

Freeview or Freesat?  My Sky and my Freesat are receiving BBC channels at the mo :o :o :o

lorca lad

Hi,

Just posted this message on another site ......... 20.15 tonight ....... We have ALL channels from a Freeview box...... Ie - bbc 1,2, itv, ch3, 4, etc).

How are you all getting on .

L. L.

sallyb

Jan I too would like an answer to your question about Android box, this looks to be the answer.
Phyll

cantabrian

Got an American X-Box plus games for sale , at least one can have a go WITHOUT doing damage to Husband/Wife,cos of withdrawal symptoms !!??????

jaws100

Been out for the day, just got back - who's knicked our channels, had them this morning.

Cielos

Quote from: doreen1 on February 06, 2014, 09:13:15 AM
Hi,
Yes we have an android box and everything is still on.

Doreen, what are your internet speeds like?  Meant to add that my signal for BBC channels went and then came back about an hour ago...

eurosatwiz

My advise is to wait a few days as the signal could change
Advice is free

Garlicking

Hi Brian, no HD Channels but everything else except C5 working well so far

karen

I can still receive BBC channels through my smart phone, and using an apple adapter lead we can play it through the TV. Happy days.

flintstone

Quote from: jodee on February 06, 2014, 15:11:54 PM
Quote from: Crystal2 on February 06, 2014, 14:31:04 PM
Try thinking about the unfortunate people in Somerset.  That puts things into perspective
Are you saying that their aerials are now underwater?
If you're suggesting that a lot of people are dead that would put things into more perspective  :tiphat:

Jodee,

Are you just trying to be silly or does it come naturally?

I would have thought that Crystal was suggesting that the people of Somerset currently have far bigger problems than those of us who have only lost a few TV channels.

Life or death does not come into this.

Garlicking

Hi Brian, no HD channels our my Humax box but all other channels working well so far.
Good reception on our Sky box. Not worried about HD as I didn't really think that the picture quality was any better.
Really hope that everybody can find a cheap way of getting their TV back to normal 

sijo

Hi to all i have humax box lost all channels live near Piedra Amarilla  :( :( Sijo

jodee

Quote from: Crystal2 on February 06, 2014, 14:31:04 PM
Try thinking about the unfortunate people in Somerset.  That puts things into perspective
Are you saying that their aerials are now underwater?
If you're suggesting that a lot of people are dead that would put things into more perspective  :tiphat:
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.