Lockdown YAMARLY

Started by Tetley, February 06, 2022, 20:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Luv mi Triumphs IMJ ,im gona put a pic up of Farrarie on new  face book page from when i was modelin in Hawaii  the 1980,s   :))

had a few old Brit motors in the day  ,anything wi HT leads,coil and plugs is good for me ,i hate this modern electro plug in shxte   :wink:  :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Glad you bikers are getting together, soon the weather will be good. Tetley your machine looks awesome. I’m not really into them, but my daughter and son in law have a Triumph Thunderbird. They have toured Europe on it, and been here too.
It’s now in Dubai with them
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

bryns ive just gone through a load of old videos wile been in Tenerife Islands operations unit, which i am going to share wi people I like on FB   :shocked:  ,I have 40 friends which is Feeking amazing really  :)) so keep bobing down ere in the oily section and i will put some links up of all things That dont plug in and mainly leek oil that i have generally hindered  over the years .   :laugh:

( i drove to Malaga Air port and back in 22 year old 1.8 td mondeo blues machine 45e diesel ......who the feeecking el needs one of these new lecky cars wi price of lecky ......going up  ::)    :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Wow guys.  I am in awe of you.

Wish I knew what the hell you were talking about! XX

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on February 08, 2022, 13:35:36 PM
If you have the standard silencers you should be ok. Mine had an aftermarket Arrow and I tested it at home using an app on the phone and got 86db so I thought I'd be ok. Got there and it was over 90! Tester said he can allow 94 at his discretion ( because he's a biker and he could see my eyes welling up  :grin:) I passed with 93.8.  ::)  looking forward to this summer being able to freely go out again.

yes with the standard its about 90 db revved a little and 80 db on tick over

with the straights on that i baffled up about 95 revved which wont do ...

the pipes that are on the vid ....i may as well take our young kid with the marshall valve amp & stack  as well   :wink:

Ang i have a per of brand new HD sporty silencers that i was going to try ,but there stamped HD  which i don't think the ITV  chap will pass ,hey ho   :afro:

Angleseyite

My Harley failed on straight throughs, but I now use the originals for its ITV and no problems.. :grin:

markandkaren

If you have the standard silencers you should be ok. Mine had an aftermarket Arrow and I tested it at home using an app on the phone and got 86db so I thought I'd be ok. Got there and it was over 90! Tester said he can allow 94 at his discretion ( because he's a biker and he could see my eyes welling up  :grin:) I passed with 93.8.  ::)  looking forward to this summer being able to freely go out again.

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on February 07, 2022, 21:11:14 PM
Very, very nice Tetley. That'd look the biz along the Carboneras "Pacific Highway".  You might struggle to pass the itv noise test though! Mine passed by .02 of a decibel with a wry smile from the very friendly tester.

yes the bike came with a standard system but about 100mm of header pipes had been chopped off ,so i have had to make new flanges and header tubes & cylinder head bushes but ,its still 90db tho with standard kit,work in progress   :wink:

markandkaren

Very, very nice Tetley. That'd look the biz along the Carboneras "Pacific Highway".  You might struggle to pass the itv noise test though! Mine passed by .02 of a decibel with a wry smile from the very friendly tester.

Tetley

Just finishin off mi Lockdown YAMARLEY ,spanering & painting  outside in the sun during the covid crisis  .

https://www.facebook.com/100063895686408/videos/pcb.343414901131697/2554669144666414

oily & out   :afro: