Fuel......Carbs and pumps

Started by Tetley, December 10, 2022, 12:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on December 19, 2022, 13:24:24 PM
I'm on electrics Tetley. 30yr old connectors and cables are a PITA. At least by the time I'm done all the age related gremlins would have been evicted from my bike.  :grin:.   Feliz Navidad!

Ar yes electrics .......  :grin: i bought an old ducati that had a 200cc villias dynostart  11e engine fitted in a bits and boxes ....the wiring on the dynostart is challanging ...  ::) in fact when i first ran it ,i jumped on it ,selected first gear and fell off ....   :shocked:   :afro: .the engin was running in reverse .....hey ho forwards and backwards on the 11e ,its just a question of wiring the control box in the right order  :win

Feliz Navidad  Dears  x  and heres to a non ECU dashboard red/orange  light, lit up  in  2023   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

markandkaren

I'm on electrics Tetley. 30yr old connectors and cables are a PITA. At least by the time I'm done all the age related gremlins would have been evicted from my bike.  :grin:.   Feliz Navidad!

Tetley

Bit more tinkering in the Sun  :afro:

https://www.facebook.com/steve.esteban.777158/videos/2967360333571895

this is the next bench stage,float set up using vernier caliper and then clear fuel tube final adjustment set up  (minus the petrol pxssing out all over the shop ,not my vid but a good guide to set up )   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfnGyS1Al40

my kawasaki carbs have a float hight of 17mm once in the ball park set with a vernier caliper  i will use the clear tube method to give final adjustment so that all four carbs have the correct fuel level to avoid over or under fueling and exhaust gas /burn temperatures out of  sink ie 1 cylinder burning lean and another cylinder over fueling getting to hot .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol