Main Menu

Bolton Revival

Started by Bolton, July 02, 2021, 16:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

Thank you, they gave me three more points, just like I asked for. It keeps us in tenth place and creating a gap with the team below us. It also gives us seven wins in a row at home. Only fault was that we conceded a goal, result being 3-1. Now comes the big one, we have M K Dons away, they currently lie third in the table and all set for promotion. I have no wish to be pessimistic but if we come away with a draw I will be very pleased. But if we want to get into a play-off place then it's teams like this that we need to take points from. Looking towards the end of the season and teams to play there is only possibly one ore two that we need to raise our game against and this is one. So COYWM lets do it again.

Bolton

Wanderers are back and with style, with a 4-0 win. The Boss said we should have had more. The Wimbledon boss said it was men against boys and he was very disappointed. The win keeps us up there in 10th place just four places from the play-offs. and only seven points away. We have Lincoln City tonight again at home, and I expecting another win which will be very valuable in our quest to get into the play-offs. So COYWM give me three more points.   

Bolton

I thought a draw, how wrong I was as we lost 3-1. Did the wheels fall off, very much so. I blame the boss, I have always thought you don't change a winning team. The boss thought differently and made four. He reckoned he made the changes to give some players a rest. I always thought they could manage, and that for the money they get and they are supposed to be fit, they could play two games a week. It has spoiled our run of seven unbeaten games in a row, plus failing to get three more valuable points. Our next match is against  AFC Wimbledon at Home who are currently fifth from the bottom of the table, I am hoping that we will put the wheels back on and win. So COYWM lets do it for the fans.

Bolton

Yes, I will be the first to say I was wrong, I honestly thought that Oxford would beat us. The club was in fifth place and have been up there all season.  One of the top teams of the season. Bolton won 2-3 away from home to gain another three points. This consolidates our 10th place. Plus it means we are still unbeaten for our last seven games  (six wins and a draw) Our next game is against Burton and we are away. They are just below us in 13th place, I am expecting a draw but who knows, we could win again going off past performances. Lets keep our fingers crossed and see what happens So as I always say COYWM.

Bolton

Wanderers made it six games unbeaten after a 2-1 victory against Charlton at the Unibol. Will Aimson headed home the winner seven minutes from time after Chuks  Aneke had cancelled out Dion Charles' opener. The result sees Ian Evett's men consolidate their place in the top 10 ahead of Saturdays trip to Oxford. This is one I don't think we will win. Oxford are a very good side this season. Oxford are currently fifth in the table so will want some beating, this is one I will not hold my breath for. The manager seems to have bought some good players this time. Lets hope they do come good on Saturday. So COYWM.

Bolton

We didn't win but we kept our unbeaten run in-tact. From what I have seen and read it was a bit of a battle, plus the weather didn't help with all the rain that fell.  Considering we had our center half sent off we did very well. To equalise at the end showed some determination by the players. As the score was only 1-1, it said our defence worked hard. I know I said that we would win but a team at the bottom of the table is going to work twice as hard. But even one point took us up to 10th in the table, so our climb continues. I am not going to talk about the trouble at the match with verbal abuse etc, hopefully the league will sort that. Our next match is at home to Charlton on Tuesday evening, again I am hoping for a win, so fingers crossed, lets see what happens. So COYWM give me three more points.

Bolton

Yes another win this time 2-0 and even the Cambridge manager agreed it was a good win. I watched the high-lights and was most impressed with the second goal, it was fantastic. Again we didn't concede a goal. One could say that the money spent on transfers is money well spent. Just hope now that we continue up the league. Our next match is Morecombe away, now this one, after these last games, I am expecting a win, so no need to hold my breath. If you get chance to see the goals on You Tube it will be worth watching. So  COYWM lets do it again.

Johnny73

Bolton on a roll. Scoring and clean sheets , can't be bad.

Johnny73

Well done Bolton, keep it up. 

Bolton

I don't believe it, I really don't believe it, Bolton scoring six goals and conceding none. I asked for more goals and points and I got both. Against a team like Sunderland who have been up at the top for most of the season, and I thought they would beat us easily. All I can say is their wheels must have come off, and I bet there was an inquest in the changing room before training.
I watched all the goals on You Tube and they were well taken, even the own goal which was a perfect header. If we keep up this performance we will fly up the table and make the play- offs easily.  Our next match is Cambridge at home, so if we can repeat Saturdays performance it will make me believe, because it will be five wins in a row.  So as I always say COYWM.

Albert

Maybe consider changing the subject heading to Bolton Survival

Bolton

I asked for more wins and I got one, which gave us back to back wins, home and away. More important was the fact that we kept a clean sheet again. So I ask myself could this be the start of a good end to the season with a good climb up the table.     Now, is it the fact that the new players Evatt has bought, plus players returning after injuries and Covid are making the difference. After watching highlights and reading reports we were a little slow at Saturday's match but as I have said it's the ones that score, that wins the match. Even though it was in the 89th minute, they all count. We have Sunderland for our next match, and the only thing that we have going for us is the fact that we are at home and they don't travel well. But if we get a point out of this then I will be pleased, but as I have said before I am not holding my breath. So COYWM give us another win  ( so I can breathe ).

Bolton

You are right Johnny73 it's not easy following them and supporting them.  After about six defeats we win one 2-0 and don't even concede a goal for a change. Watching the highlights and seeing them play was good for a change. Having got another player or two back from injury or Covid sickness made all the difference. Let's hope that this is the start of our season where we climb up the table and hopefully take it by storm, just like we did last season. I'm sure that I read that we had a mid week match, but I can't find who we play, that's if we do. Anyway if we do, there will be a report from me to you.  So as I say every week COYWM give us some more wins.

Johnny73

Good luck Bolton, it's not easy watching them right now. Hopefully they at least the don't drop further down the table.

Bolton

We played Rotherham in the league and I wished we hadn't, yes we lost. Then again I didn't expect to win  Then on Tuesday we played Hartlepool in the Papa John's Trophy and yes we lost again 1-0. Short of match practice and totally out of sorts.
We don't have a game this weekend As we are out of the cup and the team we should be playing is still in, that leaves us blank. So now that we have time to practice and we have at least two players coming back after injury and we are supposed to be signing a couple of players. Lets hope our season takes off just like last season and we start winning a few games again.
So COYWM.

Bolton

Hello folks, sorry to say, no match reports because we have not played any of late due to dear old COVID, We have missed out on two at the moment and that could be made three after Wednesday's match against Burton was postponed. The only good thing about it all is that players suffering from injuries are getting time to get over them. Trouble is they will be short of match practice. Our next match should be Rotherham on the 1st of January, fingers crossed. If they keep backing up we can end up playing at least two matches a week, and that can't be a good thing. So I can't see us doing any damage against them  but I will still say COYWM lets get back into it.
Modify message

Bolton

Well, we do it again, yes lose. 1-0 to Accrington and yes we let them score first.  No matter what we threw at them we couldn't score. So needless to say the fans got on their backs with verbal abuse. That is now three games in a row we have lost. The boss says he will not blame any individual. The fans should get behind the team. Sorry but if I bought a season ticket or a match day ticket, I want to see my team win and should be allowed to express my feelings about the match and performance of the team. After all its not cheap to go to the match. He also says he's looking into the loan area for some better players, so even he knows they are not good enough!!!! This weekend we have a game at home against Wycombe, and no I'm not expecting a win !!  But as always I will say COYWM.

Bolton

What can I say , here's me asking for three points and all I get is three goals put past us. Then again what do you expect when your centre half gets himself sent off with a straight red I might say. The boss says he only made two changes from the previous meeting last week. No doubt the weather had a lot to play in this match. But why is it we always give teams a goal start in the first 15 minutes. Time I think, for the boss to get down to brass tacks with his team and sort out the mistakes we keep making. We have now dropped down to 16th in the table when we should be up there fighting it out with the top four or so. So COYWM get your act together. 

Bolton

Pappa John's Trophy We won 1-0. From the reports I've read it was another good all round performance despite the lack of goals. Now hopefully we can carry that on to the league meeting next week against Fleetwood. I would rather have three points for the league , much more important. So come on give me three points. COYWM.

Bolton

Sorry folks a day late. We managed a draw 2-2. If the ref had not cancelled one out for off side we would have won. Still it was a good performance all round. Tonight we play in the Pappa Johns Trophy against Fleetwood and I'm expecting a win and we also play them in the league next Tuesday. So you could say it will be a good training exercise for the league match.     
Now Xmas is coming and the players are getting fat so lets do some running and win the match. COYWM.

Bolton

Yes a win at last, and it's what I expected a good 3-0. So is the wreckage repaired. But never the less a good three points which we really needed. This win will help morale and confidence. Just hope that the injury list will come down but when you get players getting five bookings, resulting in missing matches you don't want an injury list. Lets just hope we can still go out there and give a good account of ourselves. Our next match is Cheltenham Town at home, again I'm expecting three more points. We've climb back up to 11th in the table so another win would keep us climbing up. Lets go out there and win again. So COYWM give me three more points.

Bolton

Glad I didn't hold my breath for this one. Obviously he didn't repair the wreckage after Wednesday's defeat. But I didn't expect a win here anyway. But it allowed us to slip down to 13th in the table. Now its time to work hard and lets start to win a few games, also lets scour the transfer lists and get ourselves a good striker. Our next game is Doncaster at home, now this one we should win, we can play football and you can see the signs of it in the team, we just need to get it together, so come on Bolton make me happy again and lets win for a change. SO COYWM.

Bolton

A little late with this blog, but I was so disgusted after watching the match on T.V. on Wednesday night, I couldn't force myself to write it. How can a team that was winning with a two goal lead lose by two goals, to a non league team.!!!!
  We were beating them in the first half but come the second half we just switched off plus the manager took two of his best players off. I think that he was hoping to sit back and win it with the goal lead that he had and hoped we could score another. But they wanted it more that we did. Personally I'm glad we are out, we can concentrate on the league and perfecting the team.

Johnny73

Watched the Bolton game tonight and talk about snatching defeat from a likely looking victory.  Sad to see a fine club plumb to  those depths but fair play to the opposition,  they got stuck in and wanted the win more.

Bolton

Well, we found the goal ,would you believe twice, as we won 2-0. Yes we beat Crewe in the league. Which pushed us up to 10th in the table . Lets hope this is the first part of a good fighting comeback instead of the steady slide down the league. After five defeats its nice to have a win. Our next game is Wycombe away, so lets see if we can get something from this ,even if its only a point, I'll be pleased. We have our replay on Wednesday away at Stockport in the F.A. Cup. A win here might give us some motivation for a win on Saturday. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

We can't even beat a non league team now in an FA cup match at 2-2. From what I have read it was two mistakes by Bolton that led to Stockport scoring. Bolton had over 65% of the play in every department in the first half but somehow slowed down in the second half, and just allowed Stockport to defend. Still it will be a few extra pounds in the bank after the replay
at Edgeley Park next week. So lets keep our fingers crossed for a win, so COYWM.                                                                                                               

Bolton

Here's one I nearly missed, we played Rochdale in the Papa John's Trophy and we won. We actually scored three goals and kept a blank sheet. From what I read we scored some terrific goals. Now why can't we do that in the league, we have another cup match this weekend, lets see if the magic still stands.

Bolton

Well I'm glad I didn't hold my breath for this one. Bolton had most of the play but still couldn't put the ball in the net.
Perhaps they should have had what ever it was that allowed them to score two goals in six minutes last week. Also I think I should go back to calling this site Bolton Survival. Its now just one point in the last five games, relegation form.
Next match is 1st round of the F.A. Cup and we have Stockport at home a National League side, lets go out and give the fans some goals and show everyone we are worth that price of 14/1. So COYWM lets win for a change.

Bolton

I think Bolton must have played their "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card. To score two goals in the last six minutes ,it was better than Gillingham's two goals in the first 14 minutes. So why didn't Bolton play like that all through the match. Was it the threat of not being paid or being dropped to the subs bench. I would have been mortified if we had lost to a team we should be capable of beating. Now our next match is Portsmouth away so I won't be holding my breath for this one but if we come home with all three points I will be very happy indeed. Lets just hope the wheel repair holds for the rest of the season. So COYWM bring me three points.

Bolton

Well he didn't fix the wheels back on properly and we got another good hiding. 3-0. Reading the write ups, we made it hard for ourselves anyway. We chose to play against the wind in the first half, hence we were two down in the first 15 minutes. Then in the second half playing with the wind we kept it short instead of playing a longer ball on a very wet playing area.         
Plus he does admit that some of the faults were his mistake, making some of the team changes that he made. That is now three defeats in a row without scoring a goal. This has let us slip down to 11th place in the table. So our next match is at home to Gillingham, lets hope we can score a goal or two and win for a change. SO COYWM. 

Bolton

Well Johnny 73 we did get a good hiding , I'm just glad I'm no longer teaching at Wigan College because I would be getting some stick on Monday morning from all the staff in the staff room. Must admit though we don't often lose 4-0 but it had to be to Wigan, from what I have read in write ups we were never in the game at all. So you could say the wheels really fell off. Now its back to the drawing board. Lets start at the beginning, because on Tuesday we play Plymouth away and I'm expecting another good hiding, if he doesn't fix the wheels back on properly. This defeat has let us fall down to tenth place but as I always say COYWM.

Johnny73

Well Bolton's supporters got  a deserved reply from Mc Clean after throwing missiles at him.
Bolton's  boss also made some comments about signing Mc Clean which backfired badly.  Hopefully a lesson learnt, stick to football .

Bolton

Well we lost this one but only just. The score 1-0 but we should have had a penalty. Seeing the highlights, Bolton played some lovely football and were only inches away on several occasions. Never the less you don't get anything unless you put the ball in the net. So the next match is Wigan at home and as they are at the top of the table after Plymouth I can't see us getting anything from this match. But who knows the strangest of things can happen, I might be pleasantly surprised. So as I always say COYWM.

Bolton

Yes another win this time at home, making it back to back wins. So another three points in the bag which keeps us in seventh place in the league. Reading the reports we were also lucky, after a terrific start, leading two nil after just thirty minutes we seem to go off the boil. Fortunately we saved a penalty and they did score one but in the 89 minute, and we held out till the final whistle. Now its onwards and forward to Saturdays game against Sheffield Wednesday away from home. Having said that it could be postponed due to International call ups for both sides. Lets hope that it's not and we can keep on the boil and grab another three points. So COYWM get another three points.

Bolton

At last a win and a good win 1-4 away from home and that shoots us up to 7th in the table. Apparently it took a good telling off at half time. We were so lackadaisical that they were leading after 17mins, till we scored a goal on the stroke of half time. Then we came out in the second half, and blasted them with three more goals. We now have another home match on Saturday to Shrewsbury Town, for which I hope the telling off is still ringing in their ears. Another three points here would do us very well, so COYWM give me three more points.