Ferocious Mad Dog – Entrance to La Cueva

Started by Not_Asking_Much, September 04, 2013, 17:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

Gus,
Don´t think too many Spanish people worry about certain legalities !  :lol:

gus-lopez

Quote from: zilnor on September 08, 2013, 22:01:39 PM
I have friends who live in central Madrid and Barcelona, and they tell me that it is common for the Spanish to keep dogs in small flats, and leave them outside on their balconies to bark through the night.

Then they should make a denuncia. The law is that dogs in apartments , houses in towns  are required to be inside by midnight . It is illegal to leave them outside where they can bark.

Cielos

Quote from: hartcjhart on September 09, 2013, 08:32:18 AM
we all love gus,
dont forget that most dogs that are owned by spaniards in rural areas are WORKING dogs not pets,hence why they are left outside etc,they are a throwback to protecting their livestock etc and as such are used to their way of life,they are not a lapdogpetty pet fluffy bunny type of dog that we brits have

There is a world of difference between a properly cared for working dog and the vast majority of dogs "owned" by rural Spaniards

Cielos

Zilnor - plus one here :clap:

You can only go by personal experience and it may sound like a sweeping generalisation, but I have been all over Andalusia, and barking dogs is one of the irritants for me.

Dogs bark through the night here in Southern Spain - the reason being is that their "owners" leave them out all night

After the storms and downpours of a few days ago, a pack of them descended on us.  Soaked to the skin and starving, I know who "owns" these dogs, yet they're not chipped or legal in any shape or form.

We have local police living in our village - guess who one of these dogs belongs to?

hartcjhart

we all love gus,
dont forget that most dogs that are owned by spaniards in rural areas are WORKING dogs not pets,hence why they are left outside etc,they are a throwback to protecting their livestock etc and as such are used to their way of life,they are not a lapdogpetty pet fluffy bunny type of dog that we brits have

zilnor

Byrney,
I have never slept a night in the Yorkshire Dales but I lived for twelve years in London, with all the noise of police sirens, ambulances, traffic throughout the night  but it rarely kept me awake.
I can hear dogs barking with all my windows closed. I have friends who live in central Madrid and Barcelona, and they tell me that it is common for the Spanish to keep dogs in small flats, and leave them outside on their balconies to bark through the night. So it is not just a rural problem.
I accept this is part of the Spanish way of life, and is one reason why we spend some of the year in England. It is quieter at night in Burton on Trent than in Spain !!
I have said quite a few times on this forum that there is " good and bad in every society" but we are all entitled to our opinions. :wave

Woden

Might I suggest when walking near this pair of clowns that the judicious application of a swift squirt from a CO2 Fire extinguisher will deter the gobby toe rags from advancing or alternatively a copious discharge of cold fridge water from a Fairy Liquid bottle (just in case they are thirsty puppies) will also effect a retreat !

Woden  :tiphat:

gus-lopez

I don't sleep with the windows open & I hear barking all night long here on occasions , but it doesn't bother me.The only ones that bother me are my own.  :lol: The donkey up the road brays sometimes & next door's horses give the stalls a good kicking, but at least the Peacock's have  gone. Now they do make a racket.

byrney

Sorry Zilnor.  Another sweeping generalisation about the Spanish "attitude to dogs".  When will you people realise that there is good and bad in every society?

And, they probably sleep through it all because they more than likely don't sleep with their windows wide open, they've been brought up with the noise of animals, and they realise that they live in the countryside.  Have you ever slept a night in the Yorkshire Dales?

zilnor

Norm, you make very valid points. One reason we have become disillusioned with Spanish life is their attitude to dogs and the fact  that they don´t seem to hear their dogs barking outside their houses. How can they sleep through it ?  :head :head

Norm2

It doesn't surprise me that this thread has turned into a doggie love-in. The truth is that a well trained and cared for dog can be a best friend and no problem to anyone. But without that caring ownership dogs are blxxdy pests: noisy messy and overall of no use to anyone. Yes I know it's the owners at fault but it's not they who foul pavements, open spaces and destroy the peace.

zilnor

Gus, could not have put it better myself.  :clap: We are looking after our son´s dog for the next two weeks, and our little Westie loves her bits. What fun we shall have !!  :wave

webejamin

/quote]

gus-lopez - I think I love you
[/quote]

Down girl, down ;D ;D ;D

DONK

Quote from: gus-lopez on September 08, 2013, 08:24:30 AM
Quote from: DONK on September 08, 2013, 08:03:53 AM
Idogs are the way to go or pay and go. I have yet to understand the reason for owning a dog all they do is bark eat and ****   ???

It is someone to talk to,  a friend that will stand by you through thick or thin. Someone who ask's for nothing accept food & water. They help the lonely  or depressed,provide you with the purest form of unconditional love that most of us will ever know. They are more loyal than most people and dedicate their lives to loving us and pleasing & protecting you. They are one of  Gods best creation's.

I do get that 8)

MELEE

Quote from: gus-lopez on September 08, 2013, 08:24:30 AM
Idogs are the way to go or pay and go. I have yet to understand the reason for owning a dog all they do is bark eat and ****   ???

It is someone to talk to,  a friend that will stand by you through thick or thin. Someone who ask's for nothing accept food & water. They help the lonely  or depressed,provide you with the purest form of unconditional love that most of us will ever know. They are more loyal than most people and dedicate their lives to loving us and pleasing & protecting you. They are one of  Gods best creation's.

gus-lopez - I think I love you

gus-lopez

Idogs are the way to go or pay and go. I have yet to understand the reason for owning a dog all they do is bark eat and ****   ???

DONK

webejamin

I wake up if it gets too quiet, if the cops are not screaming up and down the A13 to get back for tea, or the choppers not up, lighting the place up, it's scary :o and we have the windows open :o can't sleep without the sound of traffic ;D ;D ;D

rt21

Quote from: byrney on September 07, 2013, 15:09:19 PM
Do they work on humans Richard? Richard? Richard?.......

You don't need any ultrasonic devices for humans Byrney..... I'm convinced that you're one of these experts in hypnotherapy!

After reading your post I'm feeling so sleeeeepy, relaxed,,,zzzzzzzzzzzz

rt21

Quote from: jill cockfield on September 07, 2013, 17:49:14 PM
We must be so lucky,we have our windows wide open most of the year and we are never kept awake by barking dogs! Xxx

You are either lucky Jill or your neighbours have invested in some ultrasonic devices :D

Richard

jill cockfield

We must be so lucky,we have our windows wide open most of the year and we are never kept awake by barking dogs! Xxx

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on September 07, 2013, 17:28:54 PM
Afraid that's what you get when you live in the countryside.  Beats buses, lorries and police sirens.......

and Ambulance sirens if the key ring dont work......  ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Afraid that's what you get when you live in the countryside.  Beats buses, lorries and police sirens.......

Lynne

Quote from: rt21 on September 07, 2013, 14:57:48 PM
Yes Lynne but can you imagine a countryside without so much as one bark. Everyone transmitting their ultrasonic devices at once when darkness fell and an eerie silence descending on Arbieland under the twinkling stars..
Richard

I can't imagine how wonderful that would be - after living here for 7 years and never once having a night without dogs barking for the whole duration.  Oh, to be able to open a bedroom window all night - must be sheer luxury.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

snagglepuss

Quote from: rt21 on September 07, 2013, 14:57:48 PM
Quote from: Lynne on September 07, 2013, 14:06:39 PM
Somebody could make a fat profit if they imported them over here.

Yes Lynne but can you imagine a countryside without so much as one bark. Everyone transmitting their ultrasonic devices at once when darkness fell and an eerie silence descending on Arbieland under the twinkling stars..

Richard

now that is just pure starry eyed optimism :-)

byrney

Do they work on humans Richard? Richard? Richard?.......

rt21

Quote from: Lynne on September 07, 2013, 14:06:39 PM

Richard

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

rt21

Quote from: Karen4 on September 07, 2013, 13:19:48 PM
If this works well on your neighbour's barking dog then you may have solved a problem for a lot of people here!

I bought one last year and have used it just the once. It worked for me

Richard

Karen4

If this works well on your neighbour's barking dog then you may have solved a problem for a lot of people here!
Cl3880

snagglepuss

to the original poster on the topic or anyone else interested in protecting themselves. i do a lot of cycling in the area and am a moving target for these mongrels. after getting tired of carrying rocks to hit fido with i found this device.

http://www.personalalarms.com.au/dogrepel.htm

it will stop any dog in its tracks guaranteed !!! it also works well on a neighbors dog who barks all night long. it shuts the dog up straight away.

cheers

webejamin

mickandjan

Quote from: webejamin on September 06, 2013, 18:01:31 PM
Quote from Not_asking_much "If you get a viewing they won't be back a second time"
You aint kidding :o

Incredibly, the villa opposite HAS just sold.

webejamin

Quote from Not_asking_much "If you get a viewing they won't be back a second time"
You aint kidding :o

sparkiemike

:wave

I see there's a neighbourhood watch sign in the Google picture, could you approach them?

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men