Albox Bypass Autovia changes

Started by Babyboomer, September 11, 2014, 18:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

byrney

telcaz

But then again people, this is Spain, a country we all love.
                                                                      Terry.

Rod

Penfold, so humble and so perfect in every way, boy if only I could be like that.

There is no doubt that the signs are inadequate, we live in this area so now know to look out for it but a lorry driver or rep who might only come this way only once it is a joke.

byrney

I reckon Penfold that you'd be the only one who'd pass - here, in the UK, or the rest of Europe!  We'd all fail.

Babyboomer

Yesterday I observed three lorries that went straight on in the industrial estate, absolute choas as they all had to U-turn. Not the easiest of tasks because of the confined space and the vehicles sizes.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

telcaz

"byrney" what´s one of those?, Lol.
                                        Terry.

byrney

....and Terry, you can still spot a hidden golf ball at a thousand feet... :lol:

Rod

Agree BB and Tel, very confusing, signs just not good enough.

telcaz

Totally agree "Babyboomer", wouldn´t it great if we could all be as observant as "Penfold" who it seems never gets confused, or makes a mistake. I was one of the first to negotiate the new road layout, and I didn´t find it a problem, but many others in front of me did. You just have to be considerate of others, like older people whose eyesight may not be as good as it was in their younger years. Oh, by the way, I am 77.
                                                                                           Terry.

Babyboomer

Quote from: penfold on September 16, 2014, 17:49:50 PM
Without wishing to be controversial, the signs are perfectly clear. If you find it confusing or difficult or can't read the signs you should be asking yourself the question am i a fit a proper driver to drive on the road. Those that go up the wrong road through force of habit are in my view particularly dangerous as they clearly are not concentrating properly. Just remember when we get in a car we are driving high speed killing machines and extreme care and full concentration is required at all times.

Total disagree
Coming from Albox it is signed Huerca Overa (recently crossed out Baza) no Arboleas or El Prado signs. There were previously.
The cross over onto the old A334 is not very clear with trucks and the like still parking on both sides of the road.
Once onto the first small roundabout yes there is a sign for Arboleas but nothing for El Prado when there used to be.
This issue is not one of eyesight but of signage.

fidgetmidget

Must admit we found it somewhat confusing, went out last Wednesday in daylight hours and came back in the dark to find our road had disappeared, so after a few spins round said new roundabout we found our way home....Today however noticed it had changed again so did a few more laps and am now familiar with the layout...I think ???
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Babyboomer

I to have been met by someone going the wrong way round the main roundabout. They then realised there mistake and U-turned on the roundabout much to my amusement and the horn blaring truck behind me.

Norm2

I must say having taken the opportunity - in daylight hours - to drive these new routes - extreme care is needed until the layout becomes familiar. Driving back along the A334 from the A7-E15 as we approached the roadworks still on the dual carriage way we were met by a car driving towards us on the wrong side of road. Then as we entered the roundabout someone was driving clockwise. So take care - hopefully drivers will become less confused over the next few days. Saturday market day at Los Llanos should prove interesting!!

nibbler

I really can't understand why anyone should be confused I was up there yesterday and it's well signed and Bl***y great bollards blocking the other road.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Babyboomer

Albox Autovia bypass road has had some changes today. The roundabout (formed by the two bridges over what will be the autovia) is now fully operational with traffic to Albox going through the industrial estate. Coming from Albox you still initially go into the industrial estate and then divert onto the old A334 down to the new roudabout complex.  Several people are confused and trying to use the old road which is now blocked as they have started to dig out the road at the end of the industrial estate which was used for traffic from Albox through the industrial estate to get to Arboleas or El Prado or the autovia to the A7.
I will post some pictures at the weekend.