Something's eating my phoenix palms!

Started by SWINDONIANS, June 23, 2009, 14:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorraine

When we first bought two large trees from the garden centre, one was quite poorly when we unwrapped it from it's wintering - it had rotted in the centre - fortunately the garden centre replaced it.

tanfield

hi frankie,they were transplanted,they are regularly watered,about 3ft in length,must admit they hav'nt got any worse in appearance since planting but i would have thought they would be a bit more established by now.
cheers.

tanfield

hello,bit spooky this but the swindonians are my neighbours & my subject is also about my 2 palm trees which were kindly donated a few months ago,my question is although they have plenty of greenery at their bases the leaves are going brown,should i cut back the leaves & encourage new growth,they are around 2 yrs old?
sorry can't upload a picture.
regard.
tanfield.

SWINDONIANS

The spiky leaves on our palm trees are all tattered as though something's been eating them.  We've eliminated one of the bugs we found on it but have now spotted (and captured) a beetle with brown stripes on its back - it may be the June beetle apparently.  Is he the culprit?  Any solutions please?