Arboleas recycling centre:- Information.

Started by guest21828, November 03, 2017, 10:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samantha

I find it incredulous that anything is actually taken to the recycling centre at all, one quick look at the area where the bins are down the road and most of it seems to be being dumped there!  What is wrong with people, Steve must despair.  Also, the bin men could be a little more careful when emptying the bins as they never seem to pick anything up which falls out and it just blows all over the place. Any volunteers willing to help me to tidy it up? just let me know, would be a few hours well spent and some notices about illegal tipping and posters on the bins indicating what goes where wouldn't go amiss.

Moyra

Well, I don't know how many times I've seen Steve politely ask people put rubbish in the correct place.   I think I would be  :91: by now. I agree with Steve it's not hard to put your rubbish in the correct place and if your unsure Steve will help. So in my humble opinion I'd start to "police" anyone coming in, yes it makes it slower but then people will learn where to put what.

So it's get it right or it's going to take a long time to dump your rubbish.
Be nice to each other, you don't know what's round the corner.

guest21828

Once again various items have been placed in the recycling centre skips that shouldn't be there:-

Cardboard and plastic plant pots in with garden cuttings.
Cement bags, plastic and metal in the rubble skip.
Plastic and polystyrene in the cardboard skip.
Rubble and earth in the wood skip.
Cloth material in the metal skip.

It is not my job to remove items from skips that shouldn't be there, it is the depositors responsibility under the rules of usage by the Junta de Andalucia. Do I have to watch over every visitor like children in a nursery, it seems to me there is no other way to solve this problem. It is blatantly obvious that the skips are for certain items and I explain this fact every time to visitors on arrival to the centre. Watching over everyone depositing their items will slow things down, this will involve letting one person in at a time and force people to wait outside the centre until they can be dealt with. It is not difficult to deposit items in the correct skips, it makes it easier for everyone, saves time and I also won't have to enforce the rules to the letter.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Steve, recycling centre manager.