Abit of wood and 40 quids for of wire ,magnets and switches...........

Started by Tetley, July 09, 2014, 06:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Well there you go, there's hope for me yet. Me & me old Gibbo Firebrand have been together longer than me & our lass, has been dropped, bounced, bathed in sweat, covered in beer, puked on (and no, it wasn't me) and probably worse but it's very definitely an original and still sounds the biz so maybe I could sell it for silly money like those others. There's just one problem of course......... I wouldn't sell it for any amount of money :D

Doggy

Tetley

Yes i can deffinatly understand,the looking at it every day bit,lets be honest Gibson,s are a buitifull peice of kit,as are Dukes.

when i moved here i had mi bikes in the front room and the 3 peice in the back of the Daf   :lol: ( pmt   808 )

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Billybantam

Quote from: Tetley on July 09, 2014, 10:56:01 AM
Yes Billy i get the investment bit and if you can hit it right,but what i carnt get mi head around is the bog standard stuff  :crazy:

i buy 70,s made in japan les paul columbus guitars,there  a bolt on neck wich i like better,they weigh 4.7 kg wich is the same as a les paul gibson,i then strip the guts out,not that there is any need to because there normaly working when i get them then i fit gibson or seymour duncan pick ups ,i can normaly nock a nice sounding guitar out for around 250 quid in total.

my lad is still gigging his first guitar,wich is an Encore strat from the car boot which cost 40e,i then fitted 2 fender mex pick ups and a seymoure in the middle so its cost under 200e.

to me,cheap well set up guitars all sound good,as long as the amps and pedals  are god ,i luv me fender valve amps wich are my favs.

keep on rocking   :)
Totally agree Tetley many a good tune played on a Squire etc if set up right and of course you can play a tune, I think many people like having an expensive Gibson/Fender to just show off or/and look at, My mate has a Ducati 748 in his front room bay window as in his words it's a piece of art to him and he enjoys looking at it and If I was allowed I would too lol. Mark has many on his bedroom wall for much the same reason,  Keep the faith v( v(

Tetley

RR

i think this must be for the Albert Hall crew ,and not us local hilly just some down from the hills type folks   :lol:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Yes Billy i get the investment bit and if you can hit it right,but what i carnt get mi head around is the bog standard stuff  :crazy:

i buy 70,s made in japan les paul columbus guitars,there  a bolt on neck wich i like better,they weigh 4.7 kg wich is the same as a les paul gibson,i then strip the guts out,not that there is any need to because there normaly working when i get them then i fit gibson or seymour duncan pick ups ,i can normaly nock a nice sounding guitar out for around 250 quid in total.

my lad is still gigging his first guitar,wich is an Encore strat from the car boot wich cost 40e,i then fitted 2 fender mex pick ups and a seymoure in the middle so its cost under 200e.

to me,cheap well set up guitars all sound good,as long as the amps and pedals  are god ,i luv me fender valve amps wich are my favs.

keep on rocking   :)

Billybantam

Quote from: Tetley on July 09, 2014, 06:51:14 AM
http://www.peachguitars.com/search.php?q=59+les+paul&search-submit=%A0&gclid=CKn65KvDt78CFRHHtAod2kMAjA

ive just been looking at the above site...... i think the worlds gon mad !  :o
Those old Gibsons are a good investment Tetley, Mark in my sons band bought a battered old  Custom Les Paul off ebay in USA for a $1000 as he thought it was one that previously belonged to Andy Powell from Wishbone Ash, He used to play in a Wishbone Tribute act and asked Andy at one of there gigs if it was his and yes it was, Andy tried buying it back but he kept hold of it for a few years before selling it for £7000 to a rock bar in Leeds, But I agree some of those prices are steep but vintage 1959s etc fetch it. Looking fwd to watching the guys in August when next down.

Tetley