Main Menu

Bolton Survival

Started by Bolton, September 17, 2019, 15:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on May 08, 2021, 19:47:20 PM
Well we did it and in style with a score line of 1-4. Still say this should have been done with last weeks match. Managed to watch this match on Sky and it was really enjoyable, Crawley were never in it . Bolton controlled the match from the kick off, but left a gap for Crawley to pull one back at the end. So now looking forward to next season in DIV 1 and hoping for promotion again.   
It has been suggested that I rename this blog Bolton Revival. I will think on it and decide if I do it next season ????
  I will finish on that and go and get a few pints inside of me in celebration .  Good luck to every one and I'm glad so many of you read my blogs not just dear old Biggin as he used to.

The amazing thing is that what stopped Bolton going higher was when Bolton won a game so did Cheltenham and Cambridge holding Bolton back. 🙄

Bolton

Well we did it and in style with a score line of 1-4. Still say this should have been done with last weeks match. Managed to watch this match on Sky and it was really enjoyable, Crawley were never in it . Bolton controlled the match from the kick off, but left a gap for Crawley to pull one back at the end. So now looking forward to next season in DIV 1 and hoping for promotion again.   
It has been suggested that I rename this blog Bolton Revival. I will think on it and decide if I do it next season ????
  I will finish on that and go and get a few pints inside of me in celebration .  Good luck to every one and I'm glad so many of you read my blogs not just dear old Biggin as he used to.

PrincessJAK

Only 12 weeks ago were 19th!  Oustanding and a good young manager with a large squad.  Short price Div 1?

Albert

Surely we can change the title of this thread now from Bolton Survival to Bolton Revival.
Congratulations to Bolton Wanderers on your promotion to Division One. Got to be honest, I thought they were finished at the beginning of the season. They were poor, but now look at them!
I bet Stan the Man (Bolton) is chuffed.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on May 02, 2021, 14:12:54 PM
WHAT WENT WRONG! From 1-0 up we lose 2-1 this was a must win game and we give it away. Has I have said before Home games you should win not lose. Now we have to go to Crawley and win there, I don't think they will give us the game. We have to do it the hard way. I have this feeling we will end up in the Play-off's then get beat and end up in Div 2 again after all the hard work that has been done to get us in this position. So COYWM get out there and get the job done.

Your prediction was right. At least the promotion is still there. 😄

PrincessJAK

Looking better than good at the mo, good luck  :laugh:

Bolton

WHAT WENT WRONG! From 1-0 up we lose 2-1 this was a must win game and we give it away. Has I have said before Home games you should win not lose. Now we have to go to Crawley and win there, I don't think they will give us the game. We have to do it the hard way. I have this feeling we will end up in the Play-off's then get beat and end up in Div 2 again after all the hard work that has been done to get us in this position. So COYWM get out there and get the job done.

Dunedin

So close today but so far away, for now. 😡

Bolton

What a win, this one I didn't think we would get anything from this match but we got all three points. This means now just one more win and we are promoted. We are now four points in front of Morecambe, with just two games left to play . Our next match is Exeter City at the Unibol, so It would be nice to secure promotion on our own turf. If possible lets do it with more than a 1-0  win. Then our last game is Crawley away on the last day of our season, mind you a win there would be nice. COYWM  lets finish the season off good and proper.

Bolton

Back on the right road, three valuable points. Bolton reignited their promotion charge with a crucial 1-0 victory over Carlisle at the Unibol Stadium. Eoin Doyle scored the only goal in the 28th minute. Just as well we won because Morecombe also played last night and they won. We would of been chasing them if we hadn't won and we are running out of games to play. As I said last time Saturdays match is a very important one, as we play Morecambe on their own turf . When we played them at home we drew 1-1, I will settle for that again as long as we don't lose to them. Now there are only nine points to play for and every point now is like a bar of gold to me . So lets keep up our winning ways till the end, COYWN, lets keep it going.

Bolton

What went wrong ?  Played bottom of the table and lost, and we didn't score till the last kick of the game. Fortunately we are still in third place but only one point in front of Morecambe who we play  on the 24th at their ground, so its going to be Nip and Tuck as they say, as there are only 12 points left to go for. A win on Tuesday against Carlisle will go down a treat at the club. But if we don't get a win or two before the end we could end up in fourth place, then we will have to go through the play-offs.
I don't want that, my nerves are already being stretched and to go through more games and risk losing and missing out on promotion. So COYWM lets put it all to bed with a couple more wins.!!!!!

Bolton

Starting off with a correction, we do not play Morecombe on Saturday, we play Grimsby Town Away ,then Carlisle midweek at Home then we play Morecombe Away on the 24th, that all corrected I will continue. Another three points in the bag, just 15 to go for. We are the first team to beat Salford on their own ground this season, another 1-0 win. Lloyd Isgrove claimed the only goal of a fiery local derby. Tempers frayed as the home side fought back in front of their co owners. Bolton held out to the final whistle with huge celebrations greeting the whistle. This now makes us four points clear of the next team which happens to be Morecombe. Also only two points behind the leader of the table which is Cheltenham. A lovely position to be in at this stage of the season. So COYWM LETS KEEP IT GOING.

Bolton

Hi folks a little late, still we got the three points, first of the twenty one I would like us to get. It takes us into the third place on our own. We now have Salford Away who are fighting for a place in the top four for a play off place. I read a few write ups which said the match was a game of two halves, the first half we were sluggish but after a good rollicking off the boss they came out fighting  and scored the two goals we needed to win. Tuesday night I hope we come out from kick off and score enough to win for the next three points, because on Saturday we have a tough game against Morecombe who are also up there pushing for points. Lets make them ours , so COYWM.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on April 07, 2021, 16:30:28 PM
They failed again to get the three points only this time they didn't even get one. Which means we have slipped down to fourth place. Lets hope they get there evil way with a win at Harrogate Town this Saturday and get the full three points to get us back up there, as there are only seven matches left. Most of these clubs are below them so technically they should be beatable carrying on with the form they have had. As I always say COYWM.

The way the results have gone this year you can't rely on how it should go. But I think back to 3rd.😀

Bolton

They failed again to get the three points only this time they didn't even get one. Which means we have slipped down to fourth place. Lets hope they get there evil way with a win at Harrogate Town this Saturday and get the full three points to get us back up there, as there are only seven matches left. Most of these clubs are below them so technically they should be beatable carrying on with the form they have had. As I always say COYWM.

Bolton

Well they failed to get the three points that I wanted but we still ended up in third place, lets just hope we can stay there  or even better . As I said, our next match is Newport County away. Now if you check back you will see we have done better away from home than on our own turf. It would be a shame to spoil our run of games (14 unbeaten). Newport have slipped a little lately so with a bit of luck we could come away with at least a point, to keep the run going. We must bare in mind that there is only about eight matches left to the end of the season, so everyone will be trying that bit harder to either get promotion or prevent relegation. Plus clubs like Colchester have just replaced their manager in order to stay up and so has Barrow.  So its fingers crossed again and hope for the right result for us and as I always say COYWM.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on March 28, 2021, 11:27:33 AM
Yes we got into the top three just like I wanted but it wasn't for long. When everybody's results came in we dropped down to fourth. But it was a move up from fifth. I watched them live on TV, and to me it was a brilliant first half but the second half went scrappy, but we got the result and it was away from home. Our next match is at Home against Colchester United and I am looking for another three points.  Then the following Monday we play Newport County away from home and that will be a very difficult match. I will be happy with a point from that one . If we win against Colchester it will be fourteen matches unbeaten, so we have got to get something from the Newport match to keep this run going, so its fingers crossed and all prayers said plus as I always say  COYWM.

I can see 3rd position by middle of next month. 😎

see 3rd

Bolton

Yes we got into the top three just like I wanted but it wasn't for long. When everybody's results came in we dropped down to fourth. But it was a move up from fifth. I watched them live on TV, and to me it was a brilliant first half but the second half went scrappy, but we got the result and it was away from home. Our next match is at Home against Colchester United and I am looking for another three points.  Then the following Monday we play Newport County away from home and that will be a very difficult match. I will be happy with a point from that one . If we win against Colchester it will be fourteen matches unbeaten, so we have got to get something from the Newport match to keep this run going, so its fingers crossed and all prayers said plus as I always say  COYWM.

Bolton

Yes we won again Dunedin, can we keep it up. It has taken us up to fifth. Next we play Forrest Green on Saturday with an early kick off of 12-30. I thought we were going to lose this one as they scored first and we didn't score till late in the second half then we put two past them and won 2-1.  If we win again this next Saturday we will climb up to Third and a promotion slot , then we have to keep hold of the slot if we don't want to go through Play off's. In fact we have a couple of tough games on the run in to the end, but I say my prayers every Friday in the hope that we do it. So as I always say COYWM.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on March 14, 2021, 11:33:28 AM
Yes my wish was granted we won yet again, just how long can we keep this up. Three more points in the bag and it moves us up to sixth in the table. Joint with two others, so if we can win again this weekend we might move into the promotion bracket. We play Walsall at home, so yes, I'm looking for three more points to get us there . We do have one or two tough matches coming up, like Forest Green away which I think will bring our run to a halt for one week. Anyway let the lads enjoy their rest as not having a mid week match this week. They have earned it. So COYWM.

I reckon your lot will jump up today at least 1 place, maybe 2.😄

Bolton

Yes my wish was granted we won yet again, just how long can we keep this up. Three more points in the bag and it moves us up to sixth in the table. Joint with two others, so if we can win again this weekend we might move into the promotion bracket. We play Walsall at home, so yes, I'm looking for three more points to get us there . We do have one or two tough matches coming up, like Forest Green away which I think will bring our run to a halt for one week. Anyway let the lads enjoy their rest as not having a mid week match this week. They have earned it. So COYWM.

Johnny73

If Hull are depending on the optimism of their fans then they are in big trouble.
Well done to Bolton. Glass half full.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on March 01, 2021, 10:12:14 AM
Tell you what Dunedin they must of heard you complaining all the way to Hull as they won today (Saturday 27-02-21). 3-0.

Bolton.

What they should be thankful for is that most of their opposition are not doing better. Hull's position is they have played more matches than any others.

Bolton

Another win making it seven wins out of ten 2-1 and we were leading 2-0 till they managed to score in the eightieth minute.. This really made my night. We are still seventh in the table but on equal number of points to the two teams above us and still got an away game in hand against Salford. We are away this Saturday at Port Vale and I'm looking for three more points. We are only seven points from the top slot so no more doom and gloom from me as I was at the  beginning of the season, only smiles of great hope. Can we keep up this performance and keep on winning. So COYWM.

Bolton

Sorry a little late this week, problem with the computer. We didn't lose then we didn't win but it still seven matches unbeaten. We almost had it but they managed to score with the last kick of the game.  Because everyone around us won we drop to seventh in the table also we did have that goal against us. So onwards and upwards to the next match , we have Cambridge on Tuesday evening at Home. This will be a tough one as they are well up the table and have been all season. Then it's Port Vale Away. I hope we put six past them as they did to us earlier this season. Now can we keep this performance up for the rest of the season and be in there for either a play off place or get automatic promotion. So COYWM.

Bolton

We did it yet again, now six wins in a row and still didn't concede a goal, so now we join the plus side of goal difference.
A nice 2-0 win away from home must admit the first was an own goal but who cares they all count. Which takes us into sixth place in the table.  Now down to the Bradford game on Saturday , a win here and three more points would lift us up another place. From what I have read they lost a player ,ie, sent off for being a naughty boy. Anyway it looks like we will survive this season. But its onwards and upwards and try and push for the top place. So COYWM.

Bolton

Tell you what Dunedin they must of heard you complaining all the way to Hull as they won today (Saturday 27-02-21). 3-0.

Bolton.

Bolton

Yes, we did it yet again, three more points in the bag and it takes us into seventh place. That now makes it five wins in a row
and we didn't concede a goal again. I know it was in the last minute of the game but they all count, and our goal difference is now down to minus one. The next games are both away, first is Oldham, then its Bradford. I don't want to lose to Oldham as my wife comes from Oldham and I know she would give me some stick about it. It would be nice to keep our run going and keep picking up those important points and climb up the rest of the table. Six more points this week and you will see me down the pub a very happy man. So COYWN.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on February 24, 2021, 09:40:02 AM
We did it yet again, four wins in a row and all with complete blank goals against , which is great for our goals tally, its now down to two. Plus the boss says he will keep on pushing till we are No 1. As I said in my last Blog we have Barrow at Home on Saturday another three points here will hopefully take us into the top six and at least a play off place. From my point of view it feels great after being down there in 20th position, and worrying whether we would slip into the relegation zone.             
      It just shows what the last transfer guys have done for Bolton, giving us strength in depth as they say. Reading what the  boss had to say about the match, is that we overcame playing on a poor pitch against a very good side, with torrential rain all evening that made it very slippery on the surface. Still a result in the right direction is a good result so lets have more of them. So once more it COYWM.   

You could be swopping places soon with Hull if both teams carry on the way they are playing. 😅

Bolton

We did it yet again, four wins in a row and all with complete blank goals against , which is great for our goals tally, its now down to two. Plus the boss says he will keep on pushing till we are No 1. As I said in my last Blog we have Barrow at Home on Saturday another three points here will hopefully take us into the top six and at least a play off place. From my point of view it feels great after being down there in 20th position, and worrying whether we would slip into the relegation zone.             
      It just shows what the last transfer guys have done for Bolton, giving us strength in depth as they say. Reading what the  boss had to say about the match, is that we overcame playing on a poor pitch against a very good side, with torrential rain all evening that made it very slippery on the surface. Still a result in the right direction is a good result so lets have more of them. So once more it COYWM.   

Bolton

Yes we do it again, that's three wins in a row which makes it eight unbeaten ( with draws ). Would you believe it's another new player for Bolton that scored his first goal for Bolton and that's  after he came on as a sub, We have two home games next , Scunthorpe on Tuesday evening and Barrow on Saturday , six points from these two would work wonders and as we are only four places from the play off's ( yes we are now in tenth) you might catch me getting the beer in down the pub, pity they are closed. So as I always say COYWM.

Bolton

Yes ,Yes ,Yes.  What a win ,we come back from a 2-0 down position to win 2-3 .Yes three goals in 10 minutes even though one was an own goal and we didn't lose a player this half. This takes us up to eleventh in the table and not many points from the play off's. This is the first of the cancelled matches that I said we needed to win. Declan John managed to score his second goal for us in only his second match, lets hope he keeps it up. Now on for a win in the league on Saturday would be great. Wonder what was said to the team before kick off, what ever was, it worked. By the way the club appealed against the last two sending offs that they were given and won their appeal so the players don't miss any matches. So COYWM.

Bolton

Hi Guys, well would you believe it we had another player sent off. Only this time it was Declan John one of our new signings and he made history, he scored his first goal in the English league and the last time he scored a goal was when he was playing for Rangers in the Scottish league. This time we managed to hold on and win 1-0, which gave us a massive three points which took us up to 13th in the table, It was helped by the fact no one else was playing as they were all postponed due to the weather. Now our next match is on Wednesday evening and it's the rearranged match against Mansfield Town, then on Saturday we have Southend who have just got out of the bottom two for the first time this season, They both play away and the weather allows it, I am hoping for a massive six points. So as I always say COMYWM.

Bolton

Hi everyone, can I just say its with the deepest of regret that I heard of Bill's passing .

Last night was one of our outstanding matches that we played and was winning it till the 83rd minute then we let them score after we had one of our players sent off ,but according to the manager it wasn't a sending off tackle.
Our player was sent off in the 73rd minute then they scored why couldn't we have held on. Still we move up from 20th to 19th not a great improvement but at least in the right direction. On to Saturdays match. Lets hope we can carry on in the same vain and get the three points that we need. So as I always say, COYWM.

Bolton

Hi Guys, no not a write up just an update as Bolton had no match on Saturday due to a waterlogged pitch at Salford.  This now makes three matches they are behind and due to this they are slowly sinking down the league table, which makes it imperative that they really try to win these matches because if they sink further into the relegation band they may not get out . The matches to play are Morecombe Home and Mansfield Town Away and of course Salford Away. Lets see what happens with them. Next match is Stevenage at Home this Saturday. so COYWM. 

Hi again , just found out that there is an hastily arranged match ,which is Morecombe at Home Tuesday evening so keep your fingers crossed for a win.