Main Menu

Bolton Survival

Started by Bolton, September 17, 2019, 15:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

YES,  we won our first match of 2021 and kept a clean sheet which will work well for our goal difference. From reports I have read we could have had four in the second half. All this leaves us in 19th position which is actually equal 17th but because of goal difference it puts us down to that 19th position. Our next match is Salford away, now if I remember correctly we beat them at home 2-0 when we had the run of being unbeaten for a whole month last November. But I can't see us winning against them again as they are on a good roll at home, but if what he is training them to do and we don't concede in the first half hour we might come away with a draw. Who knows? So come on, our bad spell might be over and things might start looking up. So COYWM.

PrincessJAK

Saturday, definitely refuse to hold my breath for this match as I can't ever remember winning there in all our visits".

Was August 2000 0-1

Bolton

Yes we got a point ,not exactly promotion performance considering we were at home, then they all help ,but I can't see us getting into the play off places either. Again we let them score first, do we have to do this before it makes us play better. What is the boss going to do to get us up there or has he given up really trying and is just happy to see us safe for this season, and Saturday. I definitely refuse to hold my breath for this match as I can't ever remember winning there in all our visits. To me anything less than a single goal defeat will be a good result. And what has happened to the two new players he has signed, those that were going to make a difference to the team. The only good words I have for them this week is that they seem to be finishing the stronger team, which is said to be down to his training and getting them fitter than they have ever been. So CONYWM.

Bolton

Well like I said glad I didn't hold my breath, no we didn't win but we got a draw. A nice valuable point to stop us slipping any further down the table, we set off in 18th. and I don't  want us to go any lower. As regards the game we gave them there goal so it made us work harder to score for ourselves, but according to the boss it shows promising for the rest of the season, Our new signing Declan John who was to make his debut apparently got an injury in the last few minutes of training ,so we still wait to see what he will give to the team. He can only improve the team as we wait with bated breath for our first win of the year. So as I always say COYWM.

PrincessJAK

Evatt feels that 'mental scars' have been left when it comes to defending at Wanderers since shipping six against the Vale Park side.

He believes it has led to 'alien things' in the team !

The Lincoln City survival is looking much more promising,  with no aliens on the teamsheet, lol :laugh:

Bolton

I said I wasn't going to hold my breath , yes another defeat at home. From what I have read we didn't start playing till the last fifteen minutes after they had scored there goal. The only good thing is that we have stayed in 15th position in the league. Next up is Exeter City away again with the way they are playing a draw will be a bonus. By the way I forgot to mention last Tuesday's match was cancelled due to the weather so no report for that one. Our glorious manager says he is going to bring in a couple of players who will make a difference to the team , I hope they bring a magic wand each ,they will need it. COYWM.

Bolton

Well what can I say, we got off on the wrong foot as they say, three down after 37 minutes. Got to ask did thy take the goalkeeper on with them for kick off. We managed to pull one back before half time, so I thought that if it stays that way it will make the score look civilised . Then we make it 3-2 and I thought well we must be trying, and as the time was running out I screamed at the telly and said come on score another , then the score for full time was coming in so I had decided to accept that result but then to my amazement it came up 3-3. I would love to know what he changed at half time and what he said to them all. I will accept a point against a team that if they had won they would have gone to the top off the table. So its on to Tuesday evenings game against Morecombe another team well up the table but we are at home. It's another game which I won't hold my breath for. What they must realise is that as they are letting supporters in the ground soon, Bolton supporters won't be turning up and season ticket holders will be asking for their money back unless they start winning at home. COYWM .

Bolton

Why is we can't win our matches  at home. we lose to the lower clubs. After their 5-0 drubbing last week Tranmere came back and beat us not by the only goal but 3-0. From what I have read we did nothing and the match was all Tranmere.
It really depresses me losing like this, up and down , now back down to 15th. Its hard to believe that last month we had the manager of the month, I think that this month we will have the worst manager of the month. If I was the boss I would have them in on Xmas day and take all the presents away and give them yet another good telling off. Our next match is Carlisle away, and I am not holding my breath at the moment. COYWM.

Bolton

Yes this is more like it, could we have the bad spell behind us. As they say "Didn't we do well "  a 1-0 win away from home against a team that was second in the table. Admit it was 91st minute goal but they all count no matter what time they are scored plus all can say is the manager must of had a really good word with them now lets hope they maintain this as they are up to 12th in the table and can only head up.  Next match is Tranmere at home which to me is a difficult match in my years of support ,they have always been a formidable opponent going right back to the BurndenPark days. Lets see if we can get another three point and climb up that table. COYWM>

Bolton

Well there's not a lot to say this time , we lost . Must say a 2-1 defeat is better than a 3-6 defeat. So what went wrong ,we scored first so really should of gone on and added to that score. But again I think we switched off and gave up to the strong game that Walsall played, should of had a free kick after a bruising tackle on Crawford just before they scored there first. Still we have Cheltenham on Tuesday night lets see if we can get back into winning ways as we have slipped down to 16th from 9th which was just outside the playoffs. He really needs to give them a good shaking before they go out there and wake them up .

PrincessJAK

Biggin

another reversal for Bolton this time away to Walsall losing 2-1 come on lads give yourselves a shake

Albert

Despite the Port Vale result. I never realised that Bolton was so close to the play-off positions. Should Wanderers pick up a win this weekend and Cambridge lose at Forest Green, they'll be right in the mix. Come on Bolton.

Biggin

I am sure you will get over it Bolton the good thing is you are now scoring goals and that has to be a plus so just say its an off day for the defence

Bolton

Go on everybody gloat, I'm asking for a government enquiry. You have a team with five straight wins up against a team with five straight defeats, one smells a fix of some kind  but not a score line of 3-6. If you followed the score like I did you would be amazed, three goals scored in the first nine minutes. And for it to go to 1-6 before we fought back to make it respectable at 3-6 at the end. Port Vale had only beaten us once in 30 years and never scored 6 goals for 33years, Bolton last had 6 past them in a league match in 1966 (by Biggin would you believe it Man Utd.) Still the boss is having them in to see what went wrong. Now lets hope they listen and its just a blip along the way and we get over this and start winning again.

Biggin

That was a big reverse for Bolton today I just won't mention the score

Albert

Ouch .... Bolton 3-6 Port Vale
The Vale didn't expect that score.

Albert

Hey Bolton, I see you're spreading the love and posting the Bolton fever in Biggin's Prediction League thread.
I was discussing the Wanderers plight with a (Port Vale) friend of mine from the other side of Stoke on Trent. He has a message for you in this terrace chant.

Were coming for You
Were coming for You
Bolton Wanderers
Were coming for you

Definitely a big game next weekend. I wonder who'll be singing after the match.

Johnny73

With all the talk on another post midweek about cheating in football,   VAR and referees and the players in the penalty area now seem to be all cheating in one way or the other.
Not sure how it can e fixed but its ruining the game.
That penalty against Liverpool was disgraceful and I'm an Arsenal follower.

Bolton

Very happy bunny this weekend, another win ,another three points. Looks like we have hit a good strain of form. There's not a lot to say this weekend except that they are raving about a player that stood out ,Alex Baptiste, did everything right ,laid on all the right passes etc, plus we had four goals disallowed for off-side. It's a pity, a score line of 7 would of done our goal difference a world of good. Onwards and upwards to our next game which is Port Vale at home, a lot tougher match, so a result here would say we are going in the right direction. Fingers crossed. COYWM.

Biggin

Liverpool robbed by VAR never a Penalty now reading that even Brighton players were surprised :laugh:

Johnny73

Great result. Not so good for Liverpool who were such strong favourites . After Atlanta its not looking great.

Biggin

Our Bolton getting early Christmas Presents from his team with another win 3-0 at home to Southend :laugh: :laugh:

Bolton

A very happy bunny Biggin, unbeaten in the last four matches, only one defeat in the last eight matches, but what lets the side down is the fact we only obtained one win from the first six matches plus one draw. Could things be on the up and we have reached that point of skill that people said we would need to win the league. In my dreams. Now we have Southend at home this Saturday so I would be expecting a win BUT as our form is more away wins than home, who knows.
Last nights win took us to 13th in the league, can we maintain this point or are we going to slip down again. Lets hope we maintain our form and carry on climbing till we reach the top three if not the top.

Biggin

another win for Bolton 0-1 away at Scunthorpe now steadily climbing the league our Bolton will be a happy bunny :laugh: :laugh:

Biggin

Yes a good result for you Bolton

Bolton

Well yes we did it again, a win away from home much better than a draw. But what happened, we seem to play like supermen in the first half until they scored a minute before half time and that seem to knock the wind out of us, then I think all caution was put out and the brakes went on. Although having said that we nearly had four in the first half. Still three points at this stage which leaves us a position lower ie 16th in the league due to goal difference, still its onwards and upwards till the next match, is Scunthorpe United, Away again, I will settle for one point but if we pull it off again and get three it would be fantastic , lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Bolton

Yes I am a happy bunny Biggin, watched the match on Sky with difficulty as it kept freezing on me but it was the result that mattered, apart from the win we kept a clean sheet as well. And we climb up to 15th in the table. As I have said these are the matches you need to win "Home matches" and if you can manage it Draw away and get that odd point. Well as Albert said its onward and upwards. Our next match is Stevenage away lets hope we can get the full three points but I will settle for one, all helped with the return of some key players. COYWM.

Albert

Quote from: Biggin on November 13, 2020, 21:41:54 PM
Our Bolton will be a happy bunny tonight after a 2-0 win at home v Salford :))
Indeed a good win for Bolton. Salford was looking to enter the Play-Off places with a win over Wanderers. Bolton now onward and upwards to 15th place.

Biggin

Our Bolton will be a happy bunny tonight after a 2-0 win at home v Salford :))

Biggin

Yes Bolton next year now before you can win the cup ::)

Bolton

Well I was right, yes we did lose but having said that we did give them a game losing only 2-3. And having read the bosses blog again it was defensive errors its down to him are heads going to roll . He said that last time and he only made one team change. I think its time he gave the goalie a good rest , he is only a kid , he needs a rest and a lot more coaching. Our next game is Salford at home again so lets see what we achieve then.

Bolton

We got out of jail again, looking as though we  would lose we score a last minute goal again, plus we played awful for most of the game, started off like world beaters then went down hill rapidly. The Boss was not pleased at all , and he said heads must roll. These are games I have said you really must take the full three points at home and one point from away matches especially if you want to push for promotion, we are failing badly!  We have another local derby a week on saturday, against Salford and the best I can hope for is a point if we are lucky. The Captain as said to the all that they know what they were signed uo for and that is to play good football and to go out there  and try and win not just to turn up and take the pay packet. So lets see what happens this weekend . This week end its first round of FA Cup and we play Crewe and I only expect to get beat the way we are playing.

Biggin

Yes I saw that result coming in Bolton I was watching G S S and saw the scores as the goals went in bad result for you , I think you need to play Man U every week then you would have  a few victories :laugh: :laugh:

Bolton

What can I say, I was hoping for a point but instead of getting beat we got well and truly smacked, 4-0 is not what I expected. But our goalie saved a penalty again or it would of been five -nil. Reading the bosses blog it was due to  some terrible defending plus attitude, of todays game is going to be easy and it wasn't. So I say get them in for more training till they can defend. Next Tuesday they play Mansfield at home, so I am looking for an improvement never mind the boss. One thing I can say is I can forget promotion for this year unless someone comes along with a magic wand, but I would like to think that relegation is a non entity. So onwards and upwards till the next match.
Forgot to say that we had slipped back down to 19th in the table,