Travel insurance

Started by geoffp34, March 26, 2013, 15:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffp34

Many thanks to all who have replied.  Will report back when I've investigated further.

byrney

Yes Roboman I´ve always been told that it would be more sensible to get an annual policy.

Your policy cost €175 for a year.  Mine cost €35 for a single trip.

So, unless I was having five trips a year (highly unlikely) I think I´ll stick with single trip insurance.

roboman

We got a years cover for 2 from ibex specifically for a 6 week trip to Oz but if doing any more travelling it makes sense to have a yearly policy, off hand i think it was circa 175 euros.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

Lynne

I've used Staysure Expat Travel Insurance for a couple of years now and didn't have any problems with declaring all my health issues - they just upped the price a little, as expected.  I always get the annual cover and never go for the cheapest option.  I can't comment on their pay-out though as I've never claimed.  They don't discriminate against the more mature either.  Have a look at their website (staysure.co.uk) as you can get a quote on there without having to phone.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

byrney

We´ve used a company called ERV on two occasions now.

We´ve just covered ourselves for two weeks in November for "European" travel (slightly cheaper if travelling only within Spain) at a cost of €34.42 for both of us.

They didn´t ask about pre-existing medical conditions.

The insurance is basic but covers most things (repatriation etc).  However, we´ve not had to claim yet, so I can´t comment on that side of things.

Their website is www.erv.es.

geoffp34

I am looking for travel insurance here in Spain. The two companies I have found, with ex-pat in the title, decline cover if you have pre-existing conditions (don't we all?) the slightest bit out of the ordinary, or are too restrictive on age. One referred me to a UK company but, as with all the UK companies I have approached, they require a permanent UK address.
Has anyone any suggestions, please? (apart from not travelling!)