Barking dogs, Guardia Civil, Rat-poison or???

Started by MamaBork, September 02, 2012, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mercab

I know connie, firstly she is danish and also a animal lover.  She has never said she would poison any dogs, she stated what advice she had been given, then asked if there was any point in calling the police.  To those who have danish friends who do not write like connie, maybe they should take english lessons.  Connie speaks a few languages and most probably more spanish than the majority of you lot on here.I really get p----d off with some of the replies from people on here who either cannot read or do not read posts  properly.

livin-doll

Apache, maybe we can meet up and cry on each other's shoulder, or better still is there somewhere people who WON'T ever get used to barking can go and live in peace without any "GODS"!!!!!!

openyoureyes

I have Danish friends.  They do not write English like this.  This post is just a wind up.

APACHE

Quote from: manutd4ever on September 02, 2012, 17:21:14 PM
sorry to hear but you have chosen to live in the spanish country side or are you like the people who move to the english country side from the cities and the first thing they do is complain about is the early cockrels crowing at dawn so everthing must change  i feel its a bit drastic for you to take rat poison but if needs must v( v( v(
Cows go moo sheep go bah cocks go cockadoodledoo that's what I last heard in the country side not packs of dogs endlessly barking.

temasek

W.R.L.F.C.

rt21

I could be wrong but the first post looks highly suspicious to me.

Richard

manutd4ever

sorry to hear but you have chosen to live in the spanish country side or are you like the people who move to the english country side from the cities and the first thing they do is complain about is the early cockrels crowing at dawn so everthing must change  i feel its a bit drastic for you to take rat poison but if needs must v( v( v(

loafer

So now it's the Scandinavians moving into Spain and expecting everything to be just to their liking.

Lucky us Brits are not like it.  ::)

Cuddlybill

A further thing I would like to add is that when my dogs are barking, I give them a good wash and that sorts them out....hope this helps.

CB.  ;) ;)
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Louise

After taking "action" and calling the Guardia for a hawling and barking dog 24/7, was years ago-- the owners left her  for days, so we took care of the 50KG lovely dog (ffeding, cleaning, drinking, walking...but it kept us awake....because she missed the owners and felt lonely.
In the end, I unlocked the chain so she could go away...and she returned!
Nothing more faithfull than this animal...and so are 99.99 % of our dogs, even if they are treated badly.

Just weird, but last night, our Swedish neighbour returned affter being away for 3 months and our "doggie" started warning and telling us something unusaual happened. She barked for 1,5 minute and HE SHOUTED THAT HE WOULD CALL THE COPS AND HVE THE ANIMAL SHOT.....

Is this really something Scandinavian.....????? :head :head :head
Try to learn from dogs behaviour: as some told you they bark for a reason, not always correct but I know when my dog is barking, someone who is not friendly towards my family (couple of years ago, the same neighbour attacked a 7 year old boy with a stick for stealing an orange......)

I intend to be more friendly towards animals than people if I hear the word RAT POISON....how dangerous can this be? The suffering, falling into the wrong hands or mouths....

Ans starter of this topic: it is possible to get adapted to sounds.
Where we stay now, we have it quitely but if places are rented out short term, we get NOISY, SHOUTING, DRUNK, INSULTING, NO RESPECTING ANYTHING NOR ANYONE LOUD neighbours.....
It is anoying, but you can get used to it.

Just want to say: move or adapt: you´re renting so unlike most of us....not attached to your investment....

APACHE

Quote from: MamaBork on September 02, 2012, 11:13:56 AM
Hi everybody.  :wave

Pretty new to this forum, so hopefully I put this in the right place... 

My husbond and I have now lived in Spain(Albox area) for about 18 month in different short-time-rented places.

5 days ago we moved again, to a nice villa, just outside Albox, and we have not been sleeping since.   >:(  :redcard:  :head :head

In Denmark were we come from, they don't have these kind of problems with barking barking barking barking dogs, so this is very new to me too.

From the advises I get from people around here, apparently rat-poison is the most common way of getting peace and sleep during the night down here.

Is there any point in calling the Guardia Civil or the Local Police???????     Will they make the barking dogs go away - or will it only make all the neighbors hate us? 

The people who owns the barking dogs, are there when the dogs bark  N E V E R E N D I N G, so they know, that their dogs never shut up - and don't seem bothered about it at all. And when I desperate and tired shout SHUUUT UPPP DOOG in our garden in Spanish, English and Danish, none of the barking dog-owners react in any way...

So any suggestions on how to get a normal night sleep in our new house?????

Yes I have ear-plugs but that is just not acceptable, I have not rented a house in a warzone - I live in the beautiull Spanish Countryside.....

Connie

small selfish minds = small yapping dogs and crap everywhere.... you wont win and cant win they are everywhere.The only trouble with Spain is it full of Brits and thier packs of dogs that bark 24/7 and crap everywhere...dont upset them they will gang up on you and subtly do things that will make things worse for you so learn to live with it.I will get crucified for saying this you see !!!

linton

Quote from: zilnor on September 02, 2012, 14:18:16 PM
Tangles, some of your comments are a little harsh and over the top. In my many years of keeping dogs, they almost always bark for a reason: hungry, thirsty, bored,anxious, lonely, excitement,aggression, aggression to other dogs, strangers approaching their territory etc etc. All of my dogs have never been allowed to bark for more than three or four minutes at a time, so as not to annoy my neighbours. I don´t like to have to listen to the constant noise from other people´s dogs, so why should I expect other people to be forced to listen to my dogs ?  Or is that too simple ? It is all about proper control of your pets.  :wave

At least someone thinks the right way!! Im tired of Dogs constantly barking, waking us up or disturbing the peace! I have heard people say they are doing their job by guarding the property.....well, when those people are away and the dogs arent there, the house it totally silent, what a good clue to let the undesirable know that no-one is there!  I know for certain that if someone came into our garden they wouldnt know our dog was there, but I can assure you she wouldnt let them out again!!
Lin
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."
Lucretius

awaywiththefairies

You do eventually get used to barking dogs, I know from experience.  Quite often its the ones that are further away across a valley for example that are the most annoying.  I personally do not believe there is anything that can be done about it, as the usual situation is that one dog starts and another hears it and joins in; one persons dogs may be quiet one night and then start the next. Its difficult to 'blame' one set of dogs or owner. Lots of dogs do not live in the house, farm dogs for example you will never stop them barking.

I also noticed it was quieter in winter, in hot weather dogs sleep all day and are awake at night when its cooler.

Just be happy its a rental and you could move if you cannot stand it.

Elle1971

Go speak to your neighbours calmly and respectfully. Do they even know it is an issue... or have they simply "zoned" the noise out as parents do with children when they're being boisterous. If this does not help, then go to the authorities. You say that you worry you will make enemies of your neighbours by reporting them... yet you'd consider poison?

Spain is known for barking dogs. You are finding this out the hard way... but your reaction is over the top in my opinion. My inital response was way more colourful than Tangles, and certainly a lot more threatening... but I've taken a deep breath and tried to appreciate how you feel, as the lack of sleep may be causing you this reaction. Go through the proper channels.

There are also a number of products on the market that you can try.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Ideas-Barkbuster-TM-548/dp/B0013J3HNO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1346593248&sr=8-6

http://www.barkstop.co.uk/

Yes, I am aware that these are .co.uk links - but as this is such an issue... then it points you in the right direction to start researching.
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

zilnor

Tangles, some of your comments are a little harsh and over the top. In my many years of keeping dogs, they almost always bark for a reason: hungry, thirsty, bored,anxious, lonely, excitement,aggression, aggression to other dogs, strangers approaching their territory etc etc. All of my dogs have never been allowed to bark for more than three or four minutes at a time, so as not to annoy my neighbours. I don´t like to have to listen to the constant noise from other people´s dogs, so why should I expect other people to be forced to listen to my dogs ?  Or is that too simple ? It is all about proper control of your pets.  :wave

tangles

The way you write I would say you are english and not danish. I have many danish friends and they all write in broken english not like yours.  All you people come to Spain where there are dogs everywhere belonging to english and spanish alike.  The spanish never tell their dogs not to bark.  You have the fiesta's where they let off fireworks which make the dogs bark 2/4am early mornings you get the spanish out hunting and firing bullets which make the dogs bark DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE NO.  The thought of giving rat poisong to any animal is unbelievable and unforgiveable.
I have dogs and try to keep them as quiet as possible I have a neighbour (IDIOT)  who has sent the guardia and local police to me and as long as all my dogs are fully innoculated and chipped and in good condition they say there is nothing they can do as no law in Spain against dogs barking.  This  idiot  walks passed my premises every mornng between 7/8 am with the intention of making them bark.  If any of my dogs were given rat poison I would not rest until I found out who it was but my guess would be my neighbour who complains all the time.  

DONT KNOW WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT GIVING DOGS RAT POISON AS I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND I AM SURE THE GUARDIA WOULD BE INTERESTED IF ANY OF YOUR NEIGHBOURS DOGS DIE AND THEY SHOULD REPORT YOU SINCE YOU HAVE PUT THIS IN WRITING ON THE FORUM HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

Saffi

Step 1
Go round and talk to the owners of the dogs calmly and nicely, ask them if they can hear them.  Sometimes people who live with animals simply don´t notice the noise they make.
Be conciliatory and not demanding (you come across on here as very critical) and see if you can find a solution together
Buy the special whistel only dogs can hear to stop them barking
Move house - as you are only renting you can do this easily.

To even mention poisoning especially when forum members have actually watched some of their dogs innocently walking on the lead, die of poison is not the way to go! It is also a criminal offence as well as immoral and plain cruel.

Good luck

zilnor

Connie, I have so much sympathy for your problem with barking dogs. BUT please don´t put poison down. It is illegal. We lost a much loved dog a few years ago due to poison being put down, almost certainly by local hunters. It took our little Westie four days to die, and even with wonderful care including pain relief administered by our vet, it is an awful way to go. We called in SEPRONA( the environmental police ) and they found around 20 dead dogs in the campo who had suffered from the same poison.
We recently had a major problem with a Spanish neighbour, with nine , yes nine, barking dogs. It was always at night and he allowed them all to run free around his large garden so  they able to bark very close to our houses. We spoke to him twice about it and he was very sympathetic and apologised but his attitude was " dogs bark". We then went to our ayuntamiento (Partaloa) and made a complaint and stressed that we did not want to fall out with our neighbour but night after night of constant barking was getting us down. The next day two policemen came to speak to our neighbour. The result was, a lot less noise ! It seems that at night,he has now been  putting all his dogs in a fenced off area at the other end of his land, and much lower down than our houses,so although we hear some barking,it is from a distance and it no longer bothers us.
Speak in a calm and friendly fashion to your neighbours and if there is no improvement, I would go to the guardia. Good luck.
Liz  :wave

loafer

So ear plugs are unacceptable to you but apparently poisoning dogs with rats poison isn't - have you ever seen a dog slowly dying from poisoning?

You need help alright, try a doctor. >:(

Cuddlybill

Just a thought.....as you have shouted in English, Spanish & Danish...........have you tried German as they may be alsatians, hope this helps.

CB.. :whistle:
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

MamaBork

Did that advice come from the owners of the dogs , DONT DO IT , it could be dangerouse , Sleeping tablets would be a much safer alternative  . :whistle:
[/quote]

The rat-poison advice I truly get everywhere - someone told us, the first week we arrived here from DK, and almost everyone else, ever since..  Yes dog-owners and not dog-owners...

And yes I know how painfull animals die from rat-poison - that is why I would prefer that people took care about their dogs - so this topic did not even excist..

Edited to remove the person's name that told you.
It is nice to be important - - but it is important to be nice..
                 Karma is only a bitch, if you are!

casabonita

Hi Connie

Well it is because you live in the beautiful Countryside that I am afriad you will get Dogs barking and sometime barking & barking.
And obviously you don't live amongst beautiful people, who would recommend putting down Rat poison for goodness sake.
The repercussions of that are horrendous, which would result in giving a Dog a horrendous, painful,long death all because it is owned by irresponsible owners, maybe this sounds appealing to some sick individuals.
But what  if a child got hold of the stuff etc.
It is a shame you did not stake out your new rental at different times before you rented to see what the noise situation was like before including barking dogs.
I know this is a real problem here in Spain and do feel sorry for you, there is nothing worse than not being able to get your sleep but really feel putting down poison is not the answer.
Please think carefully as calling the Guardia will most definitely upset your neighbours especially if you have not approached them first but putting down poison you have committed a crime yourself and the Guardia may be paying you a visit.

Optomist

Quote from: MamaBork on September 02, 2012, 11:13:56 AM

From the advises I get from people around here, apparently rat-poison is the most common way of getting peace and sleep during the night down here.

Did that advice come from the owners of the dogs ?, DONT DO IT , it could be dangerouse , Sleeping tablets would be a much safer alternative. :whistle:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

uffington15

MamaBork

Hi everybody.  :wave

Pretty new to this forum, so hopefully I put this in the right place... 

My husbond and I have now lived in Spain(Albox area) for about 18 month in different short-time-rented places.

5 days ago we moved again, to a nice villa, just outside Albox, and we have not been sleeping since.   >:(  :redcard:  :head :head

In Denmark were we come from, they don't have these kind of problems with barking barking barking barking dogs, so this is very new to me too.

Is there any point in calling the Guardia Civil or the Local Police???????     Will they make the barking dogs go away - or will it only make all the neighbors hate us? 

The people who owns the barking dogs, are there when the dogs bark  N E V E R E N D I N G, so they know, that their dogs never shut up - and don't seem bothered about it at all. And when I desperate and tired shout SHUUUT UPPP DOOG in our garden in Spanish, English and Danish, none of the barking dog-owners react in any way...

So any suggestions on how to get a normal night sleep in our new house?????

Yes I have ear-plugs but that is just not acceptable, I have not rented a house in a warzone - I live in the beautiull Spanish Countryside.....

Connie

It is nice to be important - - but it is important to be nice..
                 Karma is only a bitch, if you are!