Hayfever September?!

Started by johnny, September 13, 2012, 10:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antatoo

My lime tree has just blossomed for the second time this year.
We only planted them last year and they're only young trees so we didn't expect anything much, but do they usually blossom at this time or is that another suspect?

happyhilary

Yes I know the feeling as well.as do some of my friends! Yes to local honey but one of the best things that I know is to put Vaseline just under your eyes,especially in the corners & also under your nose.

villegas

As a non hay fever suffer, I am sat here at this ungodly hour, with runny eyes and nose.
I am 'sinusy'. :'(

I have got worse over the last week, during which we have been almond picking and de-husking.

The amount of nut dust has been amazing, much much more than last year.

Have you got some of the old boys down the valley, doing the same and throwing a dust puther up over your homes???

Bearroo

im not in zurgena im in fines. when i go to La Rambla de Oria it also effects me! perhaps due to the hot/long summer we are having!

antatoo

Hmmmm looks like it's something to do with the Zurgena area then!

We've always been surrounded by orange trees, so what could be different this year?

??? ??? ???

Bearroo

I have never had hayfever been here over 6years and never had any allergies but this year im awful, eyes, throat, nose!!! my partner said it cant be the Almond trees as they have now lost there flowers and most have been picked. most probably the orange trees as there coming into season now! My daughter suffers hayfever symptons but all year round!

byrney

Chrissy,
In my last post I failed to mention that we also live in the Zurgena area - the plot thickens....

cgmaywood

Me too been suffering for the past week and guess what I live in the Zurgena area.

Chrissy

byrney

We have both had persistant dry coughs for a few months now.
It is not hayfever because I suffer from that as well.
I know that a lot of people have been suffering from similar symptons.
We have used our air con more this year than ever before and one seems to be linked with the other.
Has anyone else noticed this?

johnny

Doubt if it's Almond Trees...if it was then everyone would be suffering every year. And as everyone here has said this is the first September it's happened so must be something else...
Johnny

SOL Yoga Centre

This is a first for me in September as well, been suffering for the last week!

Lianne
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
Helen Keller

I am supporting Operation Christmas Child 2012.

livin-doll

Hi This time of the year it is the Almond trues that is causing the Hayfever, which is caused from the husks, my Husband is also suffering quite badly from this, I am very lucky as I suffered from grass pollen back in UK, which thankfully for me there is not much here, but hubby suffers with it starting in May from the tree pollen.

Livin Doll

olly

My wife suffered terribly from it, especially this Spring, so she decided to take the local "old fella's" advice and start taking a spoonful of local honey,(has to be local to your area.) per day, to build up an immunity to the local pollen.
Friends around have been suffering with this late hayfever, but my wife has hardly had any symptoms at all, so fingers crossed, she has started to build up an immunity to it.
If anyone wants to know where we get the honey from, it's the little Spar shop at the other end of the Town Hall square.
The guy lives, and has his own hives ln Apeadero, which is were we live.
It may not work for all, but, appears to be doing the trick with my wife.
Just so you know, for some of you sceptics out there, we are not personal friends or family with the guy from the shop.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Crystal2

I suffer in September as well as the Spring.  My Spanish doctor told me that it is the grass seeds at this time of the year

johnny

Ok...done some t'inter-web surfing and what I've come up with is Ragweed (Artemesia) most of the articles about it relate to the USA but it does grow out here mainly in rural areas (sound like somewhere where we all live!?)

Apparently it thrives in the heat and after one of the longest and hottest Summers for quite a while might be the culprit..but if anyone can come up with a definitive answer we'd all be grateful!

Here are a few links for those interested.

http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=19&cont=267

http://www.polenes.com/polenes.html

http://www.hay-fever-relief.com/ragweed-season.html
Johnny

Louise

Palms, yes...and what I thought was called mimosa, is normally flowering once a year, but now has yellow flowers for the second time.
My girls responds badly to this as well.
She takes Singulair and it is a real relief.

johnny

Thanks Louise..there are some of those nearby and they were put in about 5 years ago, perhaps they've just reached the stage where they are producing for the first time....

but just reading openyoureyes' reply....

perhaps it's something else, the mystery deepens.

I read recently that apparently global warming is contributing to prolonged pollen seasons.

But really strange it's affecting people for the first time this September..there must be 'something' out there...

We live in Zurgena too!
Johnny

antatoo

YES!
I thought it was just us!

My partner and myself are both suffering with it starting last week and I had it bad in the spring for the first time in my life. We were told then that it was the olive trees having an exceptionally good year causing it but they are not in flower now!

How queer!!!  :crazy:

(BTW we live in the Zurgena area)

openyoureyes

I get it in the spring without fail and I always assumed it was from the olive trees in my garden. 

For the first time this September, I have started to feel the symptoms but nothing in my garden that I know of has changed so I too am eager to find out what else it could be ...

Louise

Here the same: started in spring, and still going on...

Are you living nearby palmeras (Washington Palms) ?
My daughter is allergic, first the flowers, now the seeds.

We also suspect the mimosa, making her suffer, but she´s too young to have her tested  yet

johnny

Hayfever..in September?!  

We've been living out here for 6 years now and for the first time my Partner is suffering terrible hayfever, streaming eyes etc.

Ok..in April/May... but has anyone any idea what pollen or (?)......is causing this at this time of year?

Thanks.
Johnny