spray glue!!!

Started by cheekyseranos, September 18, 2012, 22:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblarider

Quote from: jimmybeen on September 19, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
I've got a relative due over in a couple of weeks he could put it in his hold bag if you let me know where to get it.

Just a note... but these have a pressurised, explosive gas propellant and a highly flammable liquid adhesive. Not permitted to be carried aboard an aircraft at all.

That's why they can be difficult to obtain main-order.

Fortunately, I had some left over from a repair I had to do which I am passing on.

cheekyseranos

Hi all...... Thanks to all your replies and a great suggestion re the shringe, doh, I so didnt think of that.....   the forum to the rescue, yet again.... Meeting Ramblarider on Saturday with a can they no longer want.... A very big thanks to them and I look forward to meeting you then.

And this is what the forum is all about... Helping each other out, however small. Thanks again x
Ay up cocker, what's occuring? Life's Lush ain't it

jimmybeen

I've got a relative due over in a couple of weeks he could put it in his hold bag if you let me know where to get it.

alhambra

If it is only a small area or the roof liner is a stiff one, try getting a smallish syringe from the pharmacy with needle, the bigger the needle hole size the better, buy somne contact adhesive from the chinese shop, chinese shop contact adhesive seems to be  more liquid, fill the syringe with the glue, put the needle on, inject blobs of glue where you need them, press to the roof to  spread the blob around, this may fall away,  if it does dont add more glue, leave for a couple of minutes and press into place, this should hold it up, worth a try, should´nt cost more than 3 or 4 euro , best of luck

manjon

Probably a stupid question to ask. But do you not know anybody going back to the UK, its only a pound in the shops over there and can go into hold luggage.

Lorraine

Try a stationery shop - this type of glue is sometimes used in Graphics.

cheekyseranos

Hi there,

I am looking for some spray adhesive to repair the interior felt roof of my car., it has come away from the roof of the car and i want to make a small hole, put a straw into the hole, similar to WD40 type of thing, and spray, in the hope that I can stick it back where it belongs.....

Have tried serendipity, but to no avail, have tried  a couple of the chinese shops, again to no avail, at the moment looking like my only option is the large can I found in Lepanto's, but I don't really need one that big, nor do i want to pay €11!!!!

They are cheap as chips on t'internet, but being an aerosol, won't post here.....ummmm., any suggestions????

regards
Debz
Ay up cocker, what's occuring? Life's Lush ain't it