Main Menu

FA Cup

Started by Biggin, February 19, 2019, 06:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John and Sue

Hi Dunedin
Of coarse I remember him
he was capped 105 times and married Joy Beverly
Just think how many caps he would have got today, in those days they did not play many internationals and did not get a cap for playing 5 mins of a game

Cheers John

Dunedin

Quote from: John and Sue on April 08, 2019, 11:28:26 AM
You have a good memory

How could you not remember him. He was captain of the England team longer than anyone since. The first to player to get 100! International caps, played for Wolves throughout his career and married one of the Beverly Sisters who where top of the music scene in his time.

As I remember, only two players were more famous in world football and that was Stanley Matthews and Ferenz Pushcas. ( spelling might be wrong.)

John and Sue

You have a good memory

Dunedin

Wolves need to dig up Billy Wright and the Beverly Sister could sing at half time. :laugh:

John and Sue

Traore does better when he starts a game, but he has only got one thing going for him

Nuno has said he will improve but I have my doubts, If he had a brain he would be a world beater, he has tried him in a few different positions, but teams know him now and just put more players to mark him
John

Biggin

Yes I agree John another couple of signings to Strengthen the squad should do the trick, The subs that came on were just not good enough, and for me Traore is a waste of space was the same with Middlesborough plenty of speed but not a clue what to do with the ball when past the defender.

I agree a good season for you one I would think is beyond your expectations

John and Sue

Yes Bill
But thats football, Rather lose like that than penalties
All in all we have not done bad for our first year in the premier. Improve in the summer and start again next year
                 Cheers   John

Biggin

Our Wolves friends must be sick as Parrots I really thought at 2-0 they were home and dry but that's football . Ireally wanted them to be in the Final as I thought they would give Man C a harder game then Watford

John and Sue

The ruling was VAR only on premier grounds
which seems silly as it cost Swansea a lot of money
        John

Biggin

Yes John City should also be out of the Cup 2 wrong decisions robbed Swansea why there was no VAR at that ground is beyond me. Maybe the FA thought it would be too easy for Man C so just did not bother.

In Future at this stage of the cup VAR has to cover all ties

John and Sue

Man U played like Chelsea did against wolves last week , thought they could walk the ball in the net, Wolves will catch you on the break if thats how you play
as for Man City, its all going for them even the wrong decisions.   John

Biggin

Wolves deservedly win against Man U they got their usual game plan spot on tight defence and hit on the break and how they did it. Untd were too slow and lethargic passing was poor and it took them to the 95th minute to work out how to beat the defensive set up.
Too many passengers in the Untd team Martial being the biggest in my opinion, also disappointed in OLe 1st sub after Wolves 1st goal but last 2 subs 86mins !!!!!!!

Lakuku was certainly missed

Lessons learned I hope

Dunedin

Wolves holding off ManU to a draw at half time. :wink:

Angleseyite

Sterling had another offside goal given last week, looks like the powers that be are determined to let City win at any costs.  :grin:

Biggin

Just watched Swansea City being robbed by officials leading 2-1 with 7 minutes to go they award Man C a penalty for sa Sterling dive, then in the 88th minute Aguero scores from offside position to give them a 3-2 victory.
Commentators agree that neither goal should have stood and if VAR had been operating they certainly would not.

Unfair on some clubs that VAR is operating on some of these Quarter finals and not others. Swansea City were a premier league club so having VAR should have been no problem.

That aside if the officials had done there job properly then Swansea City would have been in the next round

Biggin

Felipe I think they could do worse than Lampard as you say he knows the club

felipe

They will certainly perform better than my lot did last night. Team selection same old same old. Substitutions same old same old. Every team we play know exactly who will be starting, when the substitutions will take place and who be on and off the bench. Worst manager ever at Chelsea. Bring in Lampard, someone who knows the Chelsea philosophy. Just like your lot did with Solskear.

Dunedin

Their biggest worry may be Wolves, as they play a different style of play. :wink:

Biggin

Man U set to win the cup the hard way , Arsenal away, Chelsea, Away, and in the Quarter Final Wolves away, whilst City have another easy draw away to Swansea :laugh:

Sorry Wolves supporters but your cup dreams end in the Quarters :laugh: :laugh: