Have Your say all things about Football

Started by Biggin, September 13, 2020, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

Sorry to change the topic but my team BOLTON hoping for promotion this season. Looking for three points every match then have to be held up by the referee making a decision 10 minutes after kick off.

Johnny73

Well the Gunners on a roll. Long way to go but theirs to lose.
Who was it that said City and Liverpool would fight it out.

Johnny73

That's a turn up . Now if Arsenal can win next game will make an interesting table.

Johnny73

What's going on , city should be where arsenal are but for all the Dosh they are struggling.
Anyway rock on Arsenal. Happy New year.🥳⚽

Angieh

I have to agree that Arsenal are playing some good football, they have a young team that are bonding and playing well together. There’s still a long way to go , my money is still on Man City , purely because of the strength and depth of their squad. That said , it’s great to see another club getting up close and getting their nose in front. Good luck , I like nice football.

Johnny73

Angleseyite

Need to keep your eye on the rise of the mighty Reds  :grin: :grin:

Johnny73

Big shock for City. Now if Arsenal can take advantage it would be interesting before Xmas but hard to rely on them.

timb

Going really well Johnny and with everyone dropping points all over the place it could be yours to lose. The WC break could also break your rhythm but I think that it will affect quite a few.

Johnny73

Arsenal still confounding the experts.
Long may it last.

timb

My stepson is a Liverpool fan and after the foxes beat forest 4-0 he sent me a message “looks like you’ve found your level” boy did I have some fun with him today lol

Johnny73

Sorry Ang but they are way too far behind and their forwards are playing so poorly . Klopp doesn't help by appearing to blame Virgil.
That's for the dressing room not the TV. Klopp has let himself down in the last few weeks and not something we have seen from previous Liverpool managers

Angleseyite

Don't right them off yet Johnny, early days, clear all the injuries and could string a few games together...  :grin: :grin:

Johnny73

That's the end of Liverpool's dream for this year. They won't even make top four.
What's happened ??

Johnny73

I'm still optimistic . Not quite what most folk expected. 👏âš½

Angleseyite

I watched this game, a great feast of footy, and I'd like Arsenal to take the league this season... :grin: :grin:

Johnny73

Well now Angieh,  that's Liverpool gone  and Arsenal still going strong.
City will win the title probably with the fire power they have but I'm impressed with this young inexperienced Arsenal side.
Vino time !!

timb

If Haaland v Maguire was a boxing match what round do you think the ref would stop the fight :)

Looking forward to watching this one this afternoon!

Johnny73

Well happy to be on top if only for some time. Top four may have to do but do far so good.

felipe

Quote from: Johnny73 on October 01, 2022, 15:44:41 PM
Well Arsenal don't seem to be folding as many expected.
Long may it last
Don't forget how they started last season. Then got it together. The reverse could easily happen

Johnny73

Well Arsenal don't seem to be folding as many expected.
Long may it last

timb

Safegate dare not risk taking a chance with anyone outside his clique. I feel sorry for Maguire. He wasn’t the one who put the 80 million price tag on his head. Man U in typical Man U style had to spend as much as Liverpool did for VVD on someone and Harry after one decent season for us was the target. I think that weighs so heavily on his shoulders that it has effectively ruined him. Remember he was CB for Hull the season before we bought him, and was relegated. We picked him up for a song and despite him having an excellent season the offer of so much money for him saw Leicester press the for sale button.

(Although I think Fofana will prove to be world class in time I fear for that lad too as he may struggle at first with the burden of expectation.)

Maybe we expect too much of England when you consider if they were to pick three World XI teams we wouldn’t have one player good enough for any of them.

I think had this WC been in a major football nation Safegate would have been gone by now but the FA will blame the conditions faced for any lack of progress.

felipe

Hmmm, Typical of Southgate. Says he will never drop either Maguire or Shaw. Despite other defenders who are playing better and regularly. What is he going to do if neither of them hardly play for Utd over the next 5 weeks. Or even next 10 weeks when he will no doubt still play them in 1st match. Stupid.

felipe

Told you the team earlier. Southgate reminds me of Mclaren. He has his favourites and nothing will stop him playing them. Two players that cannot get a start for their club.

felipe

I am now certain Southgate is utterly useless. Squad fir tonight announced and he has dumped Tomori. He is being touted as the best CB in Italy at the moment. Southgatewill no doubt play his favourite muppet Maguire with Shaw as LB. Saka will start even though he was crap on Friday. He will make 2 substitutions with 25mins left and bring on a defender even though 1.0 down.

Johnny73

Wow how far Liverpool have fallen . 3 nil so far and it should be 5.
Hard to know what's happened there.??

timb

And Tuchel has gone!!! Wish I’d grabbed some 14/1 yesterday morning!!

timb

I should stress I wrote the paragraph about Tuchel before the debacle in Zagreb :)))

timb

Quote from: Angleseyite on September 04, 2022, 16:44:03 PM
Where's all this going to end for Leicester  :shocked: :shocked:

Unfortunately I fear that Rodgers may be history and then the real problems will start. On hindsight Kasper leaving should have told us something was really amiss at the club and he got wind that it was time to seek pastures greener. For me as a lifelong fan the last 7 seven years have been the best and Rodgers has played his part. We had never won the FA Cup before, we had never made Europe two seasons on the trot, we’ve never stayed in the PL without being relegated so he’s hardly been a failure. I think sometimes he makes very questionable selections and substitutions and now he is understandably even more cautious. Sadly we have too many fans who caught the bus recently. They should have a look round and see who’s available- Fat Sam, Woy, Pardew and all usual clowns!

Tbh I’d be more worried if I was Tuchel who apart from walking into the job and winning the Champions League has spent/wasted a fortune over the past two seasons and so far won b*get all - highly overrated!

Angleseyite

Where's all this going to end for Leicester  :shocked: :shocked:

Johnny73

Ronaldo went up in my estimation after that snub.
Wonderful.  😂👏

steveconway24

Ronaldos snub of Carragher was the highlight of the match  :laugh:

Angleseyite

Liverpool were poor in the first half and Utd deserved the win overall..  :shocked:

Johnny73

Not going to script  so far Angieh ??
Klopp should not have mocked United yesterday.

Johnny73