Have Your say all things about Football

Started by Biggin, September 13, 2020, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

My lot just got out of jail. But if had Fergies watch like Solskjaer hss we would have won. Oh yeah and a ref that blows full time and then var says hang on penalty. Both teams need yo sirt out defences. Think Alonso has played last game in Premier league.

Angleseyite

Its not looking good, still the other mighty Reds are going strong. :grin:

Johnny73

Can't believe more people are not commenting on the awful start to the season for MU.
They are awful and should have lost 6-3 today.
Being an Arsenal fan has nothing to do with it.
MU won't win a raffle this year

Johnny73

They normally just play until MU win so 10 min not so bad.

timb

That’s a headline you won’t see too often

“Man Utd nick it in the 10th minute of injury time

â€"â€"â€"with a penalty”   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Biggin

How unlucky were Brighton outplayed Man U hit the woodwork on 5 occasions one of which came off the inside of the post and run back across the goal before being cleared Und had 2 goals chalked off for offside .
Woodward sitting in the stand if he cant see we need defensive cover then he should not be in the position he is .

Angleseyite

Biggin

Biggin

Princess have to admire your spirit , I suppose Liverpool will play a lot of fringe Players (I suspect) so you never know there is always a chance good luck

PrincessJAK

Standby for the mighty Imps to roll over the Liverpool pressing game.  Expect another Exeter type upset for Klopp! Best price 12/1

timb

As I keep saying - VAR was brought in to correct “clear and obvious“ errors. A pubic hair over the line either way is not clear and obvious especially when a “decision” takes slide rule precision to overrule. However with Mike Dean in charge how can you ever expect common sense to prevail.

Biggin

Watched the 2nd Half of the Wolvesv Man C game tonight Wolves unlucky they should had done better  with Attempts from Prodence and Jiminez  really good chances that could have made it 2-2 then Jiminez scores so that would have been 3-2 up but at the death City get a 3rd with a deflected shot.

Good watch and proof Wolves will be a hard team to beat again this season,

Biggin

well I certainly agree with the Ref controlling the game as VAR i causing just as many arguements as when the Ref and Linesman were in total control

Johnny73

Go back to letting the ref getting on with the game and controlling it. What was ever wrong with that ??? Sometimes they made mistakes sometimes not. So what ???  In any case MU and WH and a few others coldent win a raffle.
Hope Bolton get back on the horse soon  and Tiverton carry on.

Biggin

So Lets have your thoughts on this new rule re Goalkeepers coming off the line (It always was a rule ) but now if you are even an inch off then the kick is retaken . This weekend showed for me how ridiculous this rule is  Sat  Crystal Palace Pen against Man U  a poor kick and DeGea saves play continues to other end of the park then Ref calls it back orders kick to be retaken  DeGea has one foot an inch in front of line!!!   Sunday Chelsea Penalty another poor kick Allison save play continues whilst a check is going on this it was okay.
For me if a goalkeeper charges off his line then a retake but when it is very small margin how else is a goalkeeper meant to get some spring the obvious being a small movement forward  or  have we come to the point when a penalty is awarded we just award a goal instead of taking a kick .
A few of the pundits I have listened to over the weekend think this rule could be amended in the future.
So have your say

timb

Decent performance for the foxes today although screaming out for a centre back. Mendy again played very well in front of the back four but Ndidi at times looked lost. What about our three Belgians though? Pure quality and Tielemans is starting to come back to what we hoped he would be. Can’t wait to see Under in the Mahrez role and Perez is likely to be benched.

Nice to see Leicester are too heavily reliant on Vardy for goals ;)

Biggin

Does Woodward need any more evidence that we need defenders shocking display from Untd Palace deserved their win , but yet again VAR making a real mess as last week when Leeds were harshly punished for a hand ball and Liverpool got a Penalty this week it was Untd's turn Player and defender running virtually side by side player shoots and it hits defenders hand  VAR say Penalty The Var assistant must have watched it at least 20 times then Ref goes to Monitor watches it about 3 times and decides it's a penalty.
De Gea saves the kick and play goes on when play is at the other end of the park VAR pulls it back and orders retake as DeGea had one foot about 2 inches off the line  ridiculous decisions.

Untd of old had not a clue how to get bast a packed organised defence and team had the ability to break fast  and showed the limitations of Lindelof , McGuire and Shaw

Johnny73

Vice le Gunners . league called off now .😀

Johnny73

Roy Hodgson for PM. Tiverton score more than they do all year.
The Gunners are going well. 

PrincessJAK

The Imps into auto promotion slot, now next up them Scouse Champions.  Oh heady days. 

timb

Quote from: Biggin on September 19, 2020, 06:53:01 AM
Quote from: timb on September 18, 2020, 19:14:15 PM
Spurs signing Bale for a season at a cost of 20million looks like they’re serious about winning the “we finished above Arsenal” trophy this season.

Timb I thought the deal was Half is 600,000 wages  so 300,000 per week making him the highest paid player  but last night I saw that there was a 20 million loan fee as well so that is quite an amount if I am correct.
Arsenal look so to have improved this season so they might not Finish Above Arsenal :laugh: :laugh:

For me he is injury prone and it could be an expensive mistake, and in the BBC News this morning he seemingly has an Injury does not say if serious. ::) ::)
I am just glad that Untd did not go for him in saying that Untd get tagged with every player that is on the market you don't actually know who they are interested in

Tbh Bill, the media say one thing then another. Last I heard it was 20 million to include half his wages but today there’s a report that it’s 12 million not including half his wages. Mourinho gone by xmas is where my money is going.

Biggin

Quote from: timb on September 18, 2020, 19:14:15 PM
Spurs signing Bale for a season at a cost of 20million looks like they’re serious about winning the “we finished above Arsenal” trophy this season.

Timb I thought the deal was Half is 600,000 wages  so 300,000 per week making him the highest paid player  but last night I saw that there was a 20 million loan fee as well so that is quite an amount if I am correct.
Arsenal look so to have improved this season so they might not Finish Above Arsenal :laugh: :laugh:

For me he is injury prone and it could be an expensive mistake, and in the BBC News this morning he seemingly has an Injury does not say if serious. ::) ::)
I am just glad that Untd did not go for him in saying that Untd get tagged with every player that is on the market you don't actually know who they are interested in

timb

Biggin

Quote from: PrincessJAK on September 18, 2020, 08:43:58 AM

I wondered who the Imps were LOL  :laugh: good to know where your allegiance lies so any comments you make on premier league teams will be completely neutral :laugh: :laugh:

Now that will be interesting do you think you will win ??? odds on it will be a Liverpool team with a few of the youngsters

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/september/200916-imps-on-sky/
[/quote]

PrincessJAK

I wondered who the Imps were LOL  :laugh: good to know where your allegiance lies so any comments you make on premier league teams will be completely neutral :laugh: :laugh:
[/quote]

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/september/200916-imps-on-sky/

PrincessJAK

Biggin

Still a couple of weeks to go until transfer window closes , so how do you think you team has done so far.
For me I have said previously that Woodward would finish up with no one  but I am wrong he has signed 1 , however we need defenders and an attacker and he is spending so much time on Sancho I reckon he will wait too long before trying for others and he wont get Sancho :angry: :angry:

Biggin

Yes Timb I think you rely too much on Vardy  I don't know about Slimani though did not rate when I saw him before

timb

Despite the win yesterday we still need to buy players in two areas - CB Ndidi is a class player but looked lost at times and with big Wes running on fumes now and Evans almost the same we are vulnerable at the back. Castagne looks a very good buy. We also desperately need a forward, although I wish Leicester would give Slimani another chance.

Great to see Maddison back even if it was only for a few minutes. We have really missed him and Ricardo over the last few games. I thought Mendy played exceptionally well yesterday too but can be a bit hit and miss.

Biggin

Quote from: PrincessJAK on September 13, 2020, 23:06:19 PM
Whilst the Mighty Imps won.  Bring back the air raid siren for a home corner at Sincil Bank!  Come on you Lincoln FC. :evil:

PrincessJAK

Whilst the Mighty Imps won.  Bring back the air raid siren for a home corner at Sincil Bank!  Come on you Lincoln FC. :evil:

Biggin

Just thought I would start this where we can make comments and observations on anything about Football hopefully we will see lots of comments

So I am starting off and after yesterday Liverpool are going to improve a lot if they are to retain the Championship , I thought they would have strengthened in a few areas . Leeds look as though they will be comfortable in mid table if they keep up yesterdays form and will cause a few teams problems.
Newcastle look stronger and had a good win Wilson will make a difference to them and they still have Fraser to add to the Team
West Ham did not look to clever and need to be more clinical and I think they have a difficult run in the next few games
Fulham I think will struggle as they were easily beaten by Arsenal who looked good  but we wait and see how they go against better opposition having said that they look to be playing to a Plan and the new Centre Back that was linked with Man U (who has not been  :laugh:) scored on his debut
Crystal Palace were a bit fortunate to get their 1-0 win against Southampton only 2 magnificent saves by their Goalkeeper kept them in the game
Southampton played well enough without getting any reward
I am sure some others will have something to say on the above