Mail on IPad.

Started by p2une, January 20, 2015, 17:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2une

Have done that a couple of times, but once more won't hurt I suppose. I'm really scratching my head as to what's happened. It was fine a couple of weeks ago then I suddenly realised I hadn't had any emails, but they were coming through on my phone.
I'll keep trying - will add the account again in a few days, switch off and on, everything I can think of.  If I can find a professional who knows tablets I might have to resort to that.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

trishtrosh

Yes, that's where I meant. What a shame. Maybe you could try switching the whole thing off completely until the apple logo appears then turning it on again, that seems to clear a lot of things on mine, plus you dont lose any of your settings etc.

p2une

Thanks for the advice trishtrosh.
Have just checked, the cloud drive is on, as are contacts, calendars etc, but the switch which says mail is switched off. I take it this is where you mean? 
Got a bit excited there, thought that might be the solution but it seems not.  All settings as far as I can see are the same as in my husbands iPad, and he doesn't have a problem.
June

trishtrosh

The only thing I can think of is only having the Yahoo account to receive emails ie if your icloud is on at the same time to receive emails this will override the Yahoo account. Try turning off the icloud email account. Cant think of another solution at the moment.

p2une

I wonder if anyone can help.
I have an iPad 4 on which I have had Yahoo mail installed since day one.  Suddenly it has stopped receiving mail.  The last mail I had was on 9 January, which I know is wrong.  The mail address is shared with my husband and he receives messages okay on his iPad, and we both receive them okay on our smartphones. I can also access the account okay by going through the Yahoo homepage.
I wondered if the account had been hacked but don't think so, or it would be the same on all devices.
I deleted the account the other day from my iPad and reinstalled it today.  I checked that all the details were the same as on the other iPad, but when I clicked to open the account it said that I may not be able to receive or send messages from the account, which turned out to be the case.  Obviously all my data has gone and nothing happened when I tried to sync the account.
Anyone had this problem or know how I can get my email account back to normal please?
June