SWIMMING POOL

Started by Roger, July 12, 2016, 21:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula Read-kenny

Roger I feel you need to liaise with Danny. ALL the relevant paperwork was given. Danny very helpfully liaised on our behalf. Nothing is owing I suggest you speak with Cristobal. Infact maybe if you come in to see me I will supply you with all the correct dates and paperwork and facts.

Roger

The Council Pool is open Tuesday to Sunday (closed on Mondays for cleaning).
Opening times 10am to 8pm
Price 2 euros for adults, 1 euro for children.

ebygum

Please can you provide details when the Municipal swimming pool is open and what is the cost.Thanks

Roger

The Municipal swimming pool is now open.
Improvement work has been carried out, including an artificial grass area.
Questions have been raised about why Sophias are not able to use the pool for aquarobics this year, and criticisms of the Town Hall have been published on Sophias facebook page.
What happened is as followed.
On Tuesday 5th July Danny phoned me to say that Paula had asked if she could use the pool from the following Monday.
I said that it was short notice so she should see Pepa, who is in charge of the use of the pool.
I spoke to Pepa on the Wednesday morning and no-one had spoken to her. I agreed with Pepa that should we receive this request we should insist that first Sophias must pay for their use last year (which is still owed) and that they must provide us with proof that they would be using a qualified lifeguard.
Pepa received an official request on her desk on Thursday, which had been submitted to reception on Wednesday although no-one had seen Pepa personally about this.
On Thursday I was informed that Pepa decided that it was too short a notice for the request to be submitted to the Junta de Gobierno, which is the correct legal process when requesting the hire of Council premises.