Kindle refusing to open

Started by Lesley and Pete, May 29, 2014, 08:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesley and Pete

Thank you for you suggestions albertjames, but I have now sorted the Kindle and it is working fine.

Lesley

albertjames

Most likely this is a hardware failure, but your firmware may be glitched. Try resetting your Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. If you have the newest model, it has a push button. Press it and hold it for 20 seconds. Your Kindle operating system should reload within three minutes. If this does not occur or the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know the approximate purchase date of the Kindle.

Lesley and Pete

Quote from: pagan on May 29, 2014, 08:20:52 AM
Hi Leslie. Try holding the " on " switch in position for about 30 seconds. This happened with mine the first time I used
it.

Hi Pagan - you obviously have a magic touch.  I had done exactly that many times over the last few hours with no success..............  did it again after reading your reply and eventually it started up again!  Pete is relieved as he says I was a pain this morning without my 'Kindle fix'!  I'll leave it powering up while I'm at work and try it again when I get home this afternoon!

Many thanks

pagan

Hi Leslie. Try holding the " on " switch in position for about 30 seconds. This happened with mine the first time I used
it.

Lesley and Pete

Been using my Kindle Fire HD with no problems for about a year.  Yesterday the battery needed recharging so I plugged it in and an hour after that I couldn't get it to turn on.  Left it charging overnight & this morning the same problem.  Plugged it into my desktop and it was recognised as a Kindle but still not turning on.  When I press the key to open it, the screen goes to a slightly lighter shade then back to black, (ie not switched on). 

Anyone got any ideas or do I need to contact Amazon and see what they say?

Many thanks

Lesley