excluding updates for MS office in WIndows 7

Started by Sue Sweet, August 25, 2014, 17:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandL

Hiya, maybe you found an answer in the coupla weeks since you asked this: if not, maybe an answer is to go into Windows Update, and see if it says a little way down "You receive updates: For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update". If it does, you can go into "Change settings" and turn off the tick next to Microsoft Update, so that you just get updated for the OS, that is, Windows Updates.

Personally, I wouldn't turn off those updates and would just accept them, unless disk space was really tight, and there was a Service Pack for Office waiting to use up the remaining disk. If you only use Open Office or Libre Office, maybe could uninstall MS Office anyway  ;D

Sue Sweet

Can anybody help? I have a Samsung Notebook with Windows 7 starter, I have open office and use Mozilla Firefox for my browser. Every time I get my Windows updates I also get every update available for Office and Explorer so there are lots of boxes I have to go through and tick/untick to get just what I want. The list is getting longer and I am getting frustrated as I cannot find how to stop
the auto update from showing them. Does anyone know how I can do this?
I have been googling and using Microsoft Help (what a laugh... help ha ha) but I can't find anything.
Sue Sweet