Oven shelf

Started by fidgetmidget, January 09, 2014, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffp34

To get a rigid shelf to fit your oven, telephone 950 619010. It is part of (or closely associated with) Maderas Viudez, the company that many of us were directed to when buying a new house to choose our kitchen equipment.
The actual premises where they deal with spares is at Calle Convento 27 in Cuevas.   Their English is somewhat restricted.

diverdan

I think I bought extending ones that lock when you size them from amazon
Not long till I retire to my house in the sun

byrney

Thanks Ian.  :clap:

Why on earth didn't I think of that? Duh!!!

IanA

Put the shelf in open it to the size you want then drill a hole
through the extending bars and put a small screw or a piece
of wire in to stop it closing.
                                    Ian

musicdonna

No, unfortunately they're not all the same types.  I am using an extendable baking tray upside down which is a bit more rigid than an oven shelf, having had just the mishap posted above!  You might be able to get a spare from the oven's manufacturer.

byrney

We tried all over the place to get one of the rigid types to no avail and ended up with an extendable one from HyperOcio as suggested by franelam.

The only problem is that it if you try and remove it with a baking tray (for example) sitting on it, it can sometimes retract itself a bit leaving you with an awful mess!

If you can find a rigid one I suggest you do.

fidgetmidget

Thanks Fran
Will take a look.
Midge
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

franelam

Hyper ocio in albox, the metal ones in there can be extended to fit any oven.
Go to the back where the new ovens are displayed and they are usually on a shelf nearby.
Regards Fran.

fidgetmidget

Anyone know where I can buy locally an extra shelf for my oven, the steel rack types?  Also are they all the same size or can I buy smaller/larger than average? 
Thanks
Midge
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com